2020-2021 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone cancel their acceptance and get their seat deposit back? Is it refunded to the credit card or do they mail us a check?
 
Hi everyone! I’m Shakeria Stewart, a current first year at MSM. Some of my classmates and I have started a Facebook page for accepted applicants to meet other accepted applicants and ask current students questions.
the name of the group is: Morehouse School of Medicine Class of 2025 Accepted Applicants
Have a great rest of your day 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I’m Shakeria Stewart, a current first year at MSM. Some of my classmates and I have started a Facebook page for accepted applicants to meet other accepted applicants and ask current students questions.
the name of the group is: Morehouse School of Medicine Class of 2025 Accepted Applicants
Have a great rest of your day 🙂
Thank you Shakeria. We will be willing to answer any questions that you may have... 😀
 
Last edited:
To hold your seat is $2,000??? That seems very inaccessible
Yes🤦🏾‍♀️ I found out right before my morehouse interview so I’m praying morehouse gets back to me before. Im set on starting medical school next year so i might just have to eat it
 
My DO acceptances rolled in before MDs. I lost about $2000...😫

Same here, i turned down a few to save money and hold out on my top, but this one is a school i could see myself at if morehouse doesnt go my way... how long did it take for you to hear back from morehouse? I interviewed on Fri, is it too early for a letter of intent?
 
Same here, i turned down a few to save money and hold out on my top, but this one is a school i could see myself at if morehouse doesnt go my way... how long did it take for you to hear back from morehouse? I interviewed on Fri, is it too early for a letter of intent?
I would say to just relax for now. mine took over three months and then again it's not the same for everyone. Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody hears anything back from the December interview yet? I interviewed on Dec 4th, anybody received an offer from the Dec4th interview yet?
 
I’m in the same situation. But which month did you start to get the MDs because it’s still quiet for me
I received all my MDs and DOs II the same month but had later dates for MDs. I got into my DOs in January and February and MDs in April and May. I will advise you to exercise patience and pay any money to keep your seat. It sucks but worth it in the end. DM me if you have any further questions. Goodluck
 
Hi everyone! I’m Shakeria Stewart, a current first year at MSM. Some of my classmates and I have started a Facebook page for accepted applicants to meet other accepted applicants and ask current students questions.
the name of the group is: Morehouse School of Medicine Class of 2025 Accepted Applicants
Have a great rest of your day 🙂
For those who don't have a Facebook account, could you all maybe start a GroupMe for accepted applicants? I'd love to meet and chat with everyone ! 🙂
 
For those who don't have a Facebook account, could you all maybe start a GroupMe for accepted applicants? I'd love to meet and chat with everyone ! 🙂
you don't have a Facebook account in 2021? 🙁 🙁 ..lol. I believe @keria1994 will help with that.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Current students, can you speak to the facilities at MSM? I havent been in the building but Ive seen the other HBCU med school and they looked a little out dated. MSM from the outside looks pretty up to date bur what about inside and the technology?