You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
A paper that I'm on just got published and I wanted to add it to my application. Do I just upload the paper in the online portal or upload an official letter about it? Or do something else entirely?
I would upload an abstract and citation. I don't think they would need the entire paper
A paper that I'm on just got published and I wanted to add it to my application. Do I just upload the paper in the online portal or upload an official letter about it? Or do something else entirely?
they say to upload abstracts
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
🙂 🙂 🙂 Someone punch me in the face. The moment I clicked submit I realized I had spelled the word "accommodate" wrong. THANKS GOOGLE DOCS FOR NOT CATCHING THAT. $110. Gone. Thanks to a typo.
G-d bless America.
My application is submitted and it's complete. Not that anything matters. Because accomodate.
G-d bless America.
My application is submitted and it's complete. Not that anything matters. Because accomodate.
That wont ruin you🙂 🙂 🙂 Someone punch me in the face. The moment I clicked submit I realized I had spelled the word "accommodate" wrong. THANKS GOOGLE DOCS FOR NOT CATCHING THAT. $110. Gone. Thanks to a typo.
G-d bless America.
My application is submitted and it's complete. Not that anything matters. Because accomodate.
My application is submitted and it's complete. Not that anything matters. Because accomodate.
If it makes you feel better, I forgot an important preposition in a secondary essay and still got an II at that school.
Last edited:
If it makes you feel better, I forgot an important preposition in a secondary essay and still got an II at the school.
That's very reassuring lol. I'm sure something else will be the death of me here BUT I'll have the word accommodate in my head forever now.
got an II and looking back at my secondary for that school I put ethic instead of ethnic, dont think your typo is lethal @aristrutz523
G Bless America. I'm also a CA ORM. Not with that Allstar LizzyM tho.
anyone know how they define first gen? I am first to get a 4-year degree. Mom got an associate's. Not 1st gen for AMCAS but literally everyone has a different definition.
II yesterday afternoon! Complete 08/05
Wow, on a Sunday?!?! No day is safe
NYC never sleeps 😵Wow, on a Sunday?!?! No day is safe
SodaStream56
Full Member
ducks_are _the best
Full Member
can you be complete yet not under review? was complete 7/24 yet still no word-- is this a soft way of saying R?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete 7/21 and no word either.can you be complete yet not under review? was complete 7/24 yet still no word-- is this a soft way of saying R?
can you be complete yet not under review? was complete 7/24 yet still no word-- is this a soft way of saying R?
Does the status actually change to "under review"? I've been complete for >1 month.
can you be complete yet not under review? was complete 7/24 yet still no word-- is this a soft way of saying R?
I wasn’t under the impression that the status would change—where did you see someone’s status change to under review?
SodaStream56
Full Member
My status did not change to "under review." It just said "complete" until I received the II.Does the status actually change to "under review"? I've been complete for >1 month.
I kinda fell off the planet for 1 month. Do you guys think it's too late to submit a secondary here?
I kinda fell off the planet for 1 month. Do you guys think it's too late to submit a secondary here?
No one knows. If you're willing to burn the $$ then get it in within the next few days. You already have two II MD (congratulations!) so clearly you're doing something right with your MD apps 🙂
II just now! Complete 8/16
aurorapremed
Full Member
II! complete end of august
🙁 But I didn’t get one. I just keeping getting their MPH emails
ducks_are _the best
Full Member
II just now! Complete 8/16
stats?II! complete end of august
BuiltStrongToLastLong
Full Member
Interviewed on 9/16; II received on 9/3; Complete on 7/22
Congrats! How was the interview process? Were the interviews conversational? Thanks!Interviewed on 9/16; II received on 9/3; Complete on 7/22
BuiltStrongToLastLong
Full Member
Thanks! And yes, it was very relaxed and conversational.Congrats! How was the interview process? Were the interviews conversational? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have many interviews been sent out here?
D
deleted785419
Lmao truethis thread has been soooo quiet. almost forgot i applied here
Sinai could fix that by sending me an II 🙁this thread has been soooo quiet. almost forgot i applied here
That stinking email was the only Sinai email that bypassed Gmail's promotion filter this whole cycle so far so I really got excited lol sad
That stinking email was the only Sinai email that bypassed Gmail's promotion filter this whole cycle so far so I really got excited lol sad
My inbox wasn't even worthy enough to receive the email
Maybe you were smart and unsubscribed earlierMy inbox wasn't even worthy enough to receive the email
applicant20
Full Member
Does anyone know if Icahn is receptive to update letters? And if so, how do we send them?
Did Sinai just say they don’t need an incoming class cause interviews seem barren out here
Does anyone know if Icahn is receptive to update letters? And if so, how do we send them?
i believe you can upload documents directly on the portal
TriWinning
Pierce the heavens!!
their Director of Well-Being and Resilience just resigned after almost 20 years....sorry but Icahn seems like the epitome of malignant NY programs. I hope everyone who applies there takes a close look.
I just saw her statement reposted somewhere.. it was scathingtheir Director of Well-Being and Resilience just resigned after almost 20 years....sorry but Icahn seems like the epitome of malignant NY programs. I hope everyone who applies there takes a close look.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where was it reposted? I can't find any information on this lolI just saw her statement reposted somewhere.. it was scathing
probablyhungry99
Full Member
I just saw her statement reposted somewhere.. it was scathing
Do you know where I can find this?
Where was it reposted? I can't find any information on this lol
plebienrebels
Full Member
Oh...my...god!!! Wow, this is crazy! Yeah Mt. Sinai, it’s a no for me.
Rip this was one of the first schools I added to my list cuz it seemed really cool
