-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hopeful_MD_Cat_Mom
Full Member
I think its not uncommon to slow down this time of the year and to start picking up again a little later. With holidays and everything else coming up in the next ~month.Is it me or have most schools slowed down? Been checking the thread of the schools Ive applied to and most haven't given any II for nearly a month.
but with thanksgiving, christmas and new years comin up, i doubt itll start picking up until 2021 begins :/LizzyM said there are AAMC meetings from the 16th-18th, and admissions committees usually slow down invites and decisions around that conference. With any luck we should start seeing some action soon...
SodaStream56
Full Member
I got one November 13th, but it was in my spam folder!@ those who have interviewed, when was the last icahn insights sent out? it's been really silent... wonder if they kicked me out already lol
II!
Complete here last October. Best of luck to everyone applying.
Complete here last October. Best of luck to everyone applying.
Wow that's really random how they review apps. Completed late August and not heard anything from Sinai 🙁(II!
Complete here last October. Best of luck to everyone applying.
nycccpremed
Full Member
Wow that's really random how they review apps. Completed late August and not heard anything from Sinai 🙁(
Soo randoom! I was complete 7/12! First secondary I submitted and one of my top choices. I think they stop reviewing in December so if by late Dec we dont get an II, I think it’s set 🙁
Soo randoom! I was complete 7/12! First secondary I submitted and one of my top choices. I think they stop reviewing in December so if by late Dec we dont get an II, I think it’s set 🙁
I don't think they stopped at December? According to their website the screening takes place until Feb, which also coincides with IIs invites. With how little IIs they have sent out (at least reported on SDN), plus COVID-19, I hope they are behind on reviewing
nycccpremed
Full Member
I don't think they stopped at December? According to their website the screening takes place until Feb, which also coincides with IIs invites. With how little IIs they have sent out (at least reported on SDN), plus COVID-19, I hope they are behind on reviewing
Ohh I have to double check if they updated the website because the complete email I had back in July said:
“Please note the following:
Review of applications – July through December
Interviews – September through February
Acceptances – November through March”
Ohh I have to double check if they updated the website because the complete email I had back in July said:
“Please note the following:
Review of applications – July through December
Interviews – September through February
Acceptances – November through March”
Oh that's so weird. On the website they say Application Screening runs from July to Feb, unless that screening also includes interview but why include interview period from Sept to Feb? MD Program Application Timeline | Icahn School of Medicine
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nycccpremed
Full Member
Oh that's so weird. On the website they say Application Screening runs from July to Feb, unless that screening also includes interview but why include interview period from Sept to Feb? MD Program Application Timeline | Icahn School of Medicine
That’s weird! That link is for the 2018-2019 cycle tho. I don’t know how different these timelines are across cycles.
oh lmao. I totally missed that...Idk why their website is like this. But honestly, hoping they will extend the interview and review period because so many schools are delayed and much more applicants are applying this year.That’s weird! That link is for the 2018-2019 cycle tho. I don’t know how different these timelines are across cycles.
i never even received a complete email from them so i emailed admissions and they told me they dont send complete emails... altho the secondary said that I would receive a complete email. lol wtfOhh I have to double check if they updated the website because the complete email I had back in July said:
“Please note the following:
Review of applications – July through December
Interviews – September through February
Acceptances – November through March”
That's so weird. I got a complete email after submitting my secondary. Maybe it's in your spam?i never even received a complete email from them so i emailed admissions and they told me they dont send complete emails... altho the secondary said that I would receive a complete email. lol wtf
Maybe check your communication status in the application portal and see if you have one?i never even received a complete email from them so i emailed admissions and they told me they dont send complete emails... altho the secondary said that I would receive a complete email. lol wtf
II just now!
Congrats! Complete date/stats?II just now!
nightwalker444
Full Member
II also complete 7/30 LM 77 OOS
I think I am going to attend to see what they have to say about some of the allegations of discrimination etc. I am kind of hesitant after hearing some of the reports.
I think I am going to attend to see what they have to say about some of the allegations of discrimination etc. I am kind of hesitant after hearing some of the reports.
8/26, LM 78, oos, ormCongrats! Complete date/stats?
what exactly happened?II also complete 7/30 LM 77 OOS
I think I am going to attend to see what they have to say about some of the allegations of discrimination etc. I am kind of hesitant after hearing some of the reports.
I looked at last year's thread. The last II was sent on January 25th and the last interview date was February 14th.Ohh I have to double check if they updated the website because the complete email I had back in July said:
“Please note the following:
Review of applications – July through December
Interviews – September through February
Acceptances – November through March”
I looked at last year's thread. The last II was sent on January 25th and the last interview date was February 14th.
Thank you. That's a bit reassuring...Fingers crossed they might go the Vandy/Pitt way and offer more interviews
nightwalker444
Full Member
lmao there are so many things wrong with Sinai
- The director of the office of wellbeing and resilience resigned, and you can swipe through her scathing letter here
- a history of recent suicides from staff This NYC Hospital Has A Physician Suicide Problem It Doesn't Want You To Know About
- the dean and the director of the arnhold institute are facing several discrimination lawsuits
- the school is affiliated w jeffrey epstein , a loaded sex offender
- someone LITERALLY tried to assassinate the dean of admissions for ruining their career Dean allegedly shot by a fired professor
I also recommend reading through some of the lawsuit to see the 'alleged' things that have occurred behind closed doors.
lmao there are so many things wrong with sinai (particularily their leadership & the pernicious culture they've created and reinforced)
- The director of the office of wellbeing and resilience resigned, and you can swipe through her scathing letter here
- a history of recent suicides from staff, i believe all were women and 2 were POC This NYC Hospital Has A Physician Suicide Problem It Doesn't Want You To Know About
- the dean and the director of the arnhold institute are facing several discrimination lawsuits Update: Mount Sinai institute director facing discrimination allegations leaves post
- staff have sexually assualted patients under anesthesia https://www.thecut.com/2019/10/mount-sinai-david-newman.html
- the school is affiliated w jeffrey epstein , a loaded sex offender
- someone LITERALLY tried to assassinate the dean of admissions for ruining their career Dean allegedly shot by a fired professor
jeeeeez, this is sad
There are definitely questions regarding the culture at Mt. Sinai, but I personally will not be raising these questions in my interviews with the ADCOM. I will save them for the “unfiltered” convos with students at the end of the day or (hopefully) after an acceptance.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
McSteamy_Mark
Full Member
II earlier today as well! July complete date also
a few in december only for meWhat interview dates were available?
communication status doesnt mention it haha. although my status says application completeMaybe check your communication status in the application portal and see if you have one?
no spam. ig the admissions office just not nice pplThat's so weird. I got a complete email after submitting my secondary. Maybe it's in your spam?
D
deleted1054719
What kind of conclusion...no spam. ig the admissions office just not nice ppl
Sometimes emails get caught in filters and aren't sent.
its not not a big deal lol idgaf... but y say they dont send compelte emails when they clearly do, as stated even in their secondary app... #notnice!What kind of conclusion...
Sometimes emails get caught in filters and aren't sent.
premedddie
Full Member
Pre II R yesterday night (a Saturday!). Complete 10/1
So quick to October Dates . I thought this school was behind due to pandemic. Are you IS applicant ? Guessing they are completing IS applicants before OOS ??Pre II R yesterday night (a Saturday!). Complete 10/1
pre-med202022
Full Member
Has Sinai sent out a lot of Pre-II Rs? I was complete in mid-Aug and have not heard anything since
Has Sinai sent out a lot of Pre-II Rs? I was complete in mid-Aug and have not heard anything since
+1, complete 8/24 and radio silence
premedddie
Full Member
Lived in NY for HS/College, now in a different state for the past 3 years. I was surprised too lol 🙁So quick to October Dates . I thought this school was behind due to pandemic. Are you IS applicant ? Guessing they are completing IS applicants before OOS ??
nycccpremed
Full Member
I was complete mid July! Still radio silence 😳
D
deleted1071054
+1I was complete mid July! Still radio silence 😳
+1
I was complete mid July! Still radio silence 😳
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think that sounds rightWebsite says decisions are rolling from Dec-August, but I'm assuming that's outdated and that they're sticking with the January deadline? I know from previous years threads they did January 18th and 17th (3rd Friday of Jan), so maybe this year it'll be ~Jan 15th?
No they still have a while to goDoes that mean they have finished interviewing? And just release all decisions sometime in January? I know no one would know for sure but just contemplating a future in NYC
Does that mean they have finished interviewing? And just release all decisions sometime in January? I know no one would know for sure but just contemplating a future in NYC
During my interview day, they said some ppl will get a decision in January, but the majority will find out in Feb/March. I’ve also heard Sinai in particular is expanding how many people they interview & having more interview dates, so they might be interviewing into Feb