You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Pittsburgh
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
II Just now! Complete 8/13. This is my first II, and I'm a reapp. :') Earliest interviews are late September rn
Don't be so neurotic. You earned it!II. Complete 8/24 reg MD and in complete shock and denial. I'm waiting for an E-mail saying this was a mistake because such a fast turnaround in August is unheard of.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@mvsrocks Thanks! I was just too excited!!
II! Came out of nowhere for me my stats are subpar
Date of completion?II! Came out of nowhere for me my stats are subpar
7/15Date of completion?
Date complete ?II OOS!
In a way it was all of the above lolThose of you who got II, did you get an email from the school directly, an email from someone affiliated with the school/certain program, or was it just updated in your portal?
D
deleted785419
Just now?II, super pumped! OOS, LM 70, complete on 7/19.
Email from UPitt admissions to confirm.
II, OOS, complete 7/18 with multiple dates throughout October. Notified by an email from the school.
Needed this today but not too excited for VITA lol.
Needed this today but not too excited for VITA lol.
What is vita?II, OOS, complete 7/18 with multiple dates throughout October. Notified by an email from the school.
Needed this today but not too excited for VITA lol.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
the asynchronous interview we need to do; we'll get the email thursdayWhat is vita?
Just now?
Earlier today-- got the email at 1:40 PM.
PoorProspects
Full Member
II - complete 7/16, IS, ORM, LM 80
II last week, no VITA invite yet. really dont wanna deal with reaching out to Pitt or AAMC about thisI got my II yesterday but did not receive VITA at 8 AM ET today. Anyone else not get VITA who got II this week?
II last week, no VITA invite yet. really dont wanna deal with reaching out to Pitt or AAMC about this
I got an II on Tuesday and also did NOT receive a VITA email today
So I got an email from the PSTP but not the MD program notifying me of an interview. I was able to schedule an interview in the portal but still haven't gotten a flat out "you've been invited to interview" email. Seriously hoping they didn't send that and then let me schedule by mistake! Did anyone else have this happen?
Also everytime I try to access the PSTP application I get redirected back to the portal home page....
Also everytime I try to access the PSTP application I get redirected back to the portal home page....
So I got an email from the PSTP but not the MD program notifying me of an interview. I was able to schedule an interview in the portal but still haven't gotten a flat out "you've been invited to interview" email. Seriously hoping they didn't send that and then let me schedule by mistake! Did anyone else have this happen?
Also everytime I try to access the PSTP application I get redirected back to the portal home page....
This happened to me too. I have not tried to access the PSTP application though so I cannot speak to that
@Ars227 @jer1997 Happened to me as well. I called the admissions office because I was having some technical difficulties while scheduling my interview and they didn't bring anything up so I think we're good. I also haven't received a VITA invite.
PoorProspects
Full Member
Just got the weekly VITA email about which schools have access to my VITA. Pitt isn't on the list, which is a little concerning. Maybe they're just waiting to send the VITA invite?
Same thing happened to me but another school who invited me Tuesday was on there so I'm confused alsoJust got the weekly VITA email about which schools have access to my VITA. Pitt isn't on the list, which is a little concerning. Maybe they're just waiting to send the VITA invite?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received an II on August 28th and still haven't received a VITA invite. Is anyone else in the same boat?
yepI received an II on August 28th and still haven't received a VITA invite. Is anyone else in the same boat?
Same. Maybe we'll get one this Thursday?
Does anyone have trouble with registering for PSTP? I went to register and every time I clicked register it'll take me back to the home page and the supplemental tab still doesn't show a drop down menu with PSTP application like they indicated in email
D
deleted1064749
Did you guys get a complete email? My status says complete on the portal but I never got an email
I'm having trouble with the PSTP portion of the site as well and am just planning on registering+submitting everything at once once I have my responses ready.Does anyone have trouble with registering for PSTP? I went to register and every time I clicked register it'll take me back to the home page and the supplemental tab still doesn't show a drop down menu with PSTP application like they indicated in email
Where did you find the prompts for PSTP?I'm having trouble with the PSTP portion of the site as well and am just planning on registering+submitting everything at once once I have my responses ready.
Check out the 2019-2020 thread if you want to see a fascinating several-hundred-posts-long discussion regarding the controversial Pitt complete e-mail...Did you guys get a complete email? My status says complete on the portal but I never got an email
Just filling out the secondary and had a quick question for the course requirement section - it says course name/number so should I put the full course name followed by the designated number (like CHEM 111)? It doesn't feel like there's enough space to put all that info hmmm
tunaktunak
Full Member
Those with Pitt as your first II, are you doing VITA within 2 weeks from the II? Or do you think it's fine completing it much later, since Pitt allows 10 days after the interview itself for it to be completed?
I'm thinking of doing it after.. although since I still haven't received the VITA invite (II was 8/26, or two Thursdays ago) it seems like Pitt/HireVue/God is making that decision for me lol. Has anyone reached out to admissions to ask about this? Thinking I'll have to send an email if I don't get the invite tomorrowThose with Pitt as your first II, are you doing VITA within 2 weeks from the II? Or do you think it's fine completing it much later, since Pitt allows 10 days after the interview itself for it to be completed?
what dates are they booking currently?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anonymoususer343434
Full Member
No II yet, and Submitted primary 5/30, so didn't include my new job (medical/public health emphasis and think it would look good) that started June 1 and a new leadership role with a long-term service involvement. (couldn't discuss on secondary either bc chose to do "why pitt" for the any additional info prompt bc OOS). I know they say the "best time" to update is post-interview on website, so would it look bad to send in an application update prior to II? above GPA, MCAT barely below their median, and think I have a chance at II (not overly confident, but holding some hope). I know no one here is an adcom, but if anyone has experience/ideas, would be greatly appreciated
Way too early to worry about this kind of stuff, if you don't get any love by Thanksgiving then I'd consider sending an updateNo II yet, and Submitted primary 5/30, so didn't include my new job (medical/public health emphasis and think it would look good) that started June 1 and a new leadership role with a long-term service involvement. (couldn't discuss on secondary either bc chose to do "why pitt" for the any additional info prompt bc OOS). I know they say the "best time" to update is post-interview on website, so would it look bad to send in an application update prior to II? above GPA, MCAT barely below their median, and think I have a chance at II (not overly confident, but holding some hope). I know no one here is an adcom, but if anyone has experience/ideas, would be greatly appreciated
check your communications historyReceived a VITA invite from Pitt but no II email. When I logged into their portal it allowed me to schedule an interview. Not sure what to think about this.
D
deleted959514
Received a VITA invite from Pitt but no II email. When I logged into their portal it allowed me to schedule an interview. Not sure what to think about this.
Thank you for the PSA you have inspired me to start checking my portals!