-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Pittsburgh
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
YoloSwagCats
Full Member
Congrats!! When were you complete?II Received 9/9!! OOS. First available interview date is end of October, although they are non-rolling so likely doesn't matter much.
Complete 7/17Congrats!! When were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know the post II acceptance rate for Pitt?
I think it was a little under 50% but that might change if they are interview a lot more people due to virtual interviewsDoes anyone know the post II acceptance rate for Pitt?
tunaktunak
Full Member
Are you saying it will be even lower now?I think it was a little under 50% but that might change if they are interview a lot more people due to virtual interviews
Potentially, it depends on how they use VITA, and if they increase general interview numbers due to them being virtual. For example, they might look at VITA first as a post-interview screen to see if the person has enough score to make it to the committee or they could just include it as a general app part.Are you saying it will be even lower now?
When I was registering there were slots almost every weekdayHello, Do they interview once a week? What are you interview days? I know the first one is today, September 15. thanks!
Does anyone know if it’s an open or closed file interview?
Does anyone know if it’s an open or closed file interview?
I believe the student interview is closed file, and the faculty interview is open file except they do not see your GPA/MCAT.
Just received an II 6:35 PM Eastern Time!!!
Complete 7/31. OOS LM 74. First love from a T20 school.
Complete 7/31. OOS LM 74. First love from a T20 school.
Interviewing here next week. Would anyone who already had the interview be willing to DM me? (Dog Eyes ) Thanks in advance
D
deleted899789
How far out are they scheduling interviews?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anyone who attended the optional student chat session, were people wearing full interview attire or was it a little less formal?
fyi pitt is interviewing until jan 31 this year instead of dec so good news for all of us still waiting. decisions released end of feb
Can anyone who has already interviewed share a bit more about how the day went? Were the interviews more conversational or the traditional question-answer? What was the leadership exercise like? Any helpful tips? Did you get a more detailed schedule of the interview day prior, or is it just whats on the interview page of the portal?
Thanks in advance and also feel free to DM 🙂
Thanks in advance and also feel free to DM 🙂
idiot_sandwhich
Full Member
I have an interview tomorrow but I'm not sure how to access the interview? All I have on the interview management page is the date of my interview and times of interviews, but no information regarding how to access the zoom conference or anything. Any help?
I have an interview tomorrow but I'm not sure how to access the interview? All I have on the interview management page is the date of my interview and times of interviews, but no information regarding how to access the zoom conference or anything. Any help?
The link will be available the morning of your interview day. Refer to the interview confirmation email.
Did anyone else have difficulty accessing any of the optional information sessions? When I would hit 'Enter Zoom Meeting' it would just say 'Processing' for a second before just reloading the same interview management page.
lopsidedegg
Full Member
Me too! I emailed admissions about it, so hopefully they’ll fix it, especially because the future student chat group links were all like that.Yup. I checked the source code and there was no actual link.
This is what I experienced too -- tried to access it, but was only redirected to the same page. I sent them an email, so hopefully they have it fixed soon.Yup. I checked the source code and there was no actual link.
Has anyone been able to find their residency match rate? I can only find where students matched to, with the exception of a 2013 document saying it was 67% 😵
Lmao it definitely isn't 67%. This is their 2020 Match List. I think their average class size is like 145-150. Like most schools of their caliber, I assume the match rate is around 95-98% or so, not including SOAP.
lopsidedegg
Full Member
Thanks for letting us know! Can you confirm if it was the expected closed file for student interview & mostly-open file for the faculty interview?
Yes, totally closed file for the student interview! Open file minus GPA and MCAT for the faculty interview.
mindyproject98
Full Member
II today!! Looks like the earliest available interview is in November lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mindyproject98
Full Member
Is it better to schedule the interview earlier? Say early November compared to December?
If rolling, always better to schedule earlier. If non-rolling, schedule at your leisure.Is it better to schedule the interview earlier? Say early November compared to December?
Is anyone's secondary website not loading? Thought it was a problem with my device but happens to not work on any of the devices I try to load it on.
I remember seeing that they're doing some website maintenance tonight
When are interviews being scheduled now? Have many IIs already been sent out?
LoopyKazoo
Full Member
Recently submitted my secondary here. Did anyone receive a confirmation of their application being submitted? I only received confirmation of my supplemental application fee. Thanks in advance!
Recently submitted my secondary here. Did anyone receive a confirmation of their application being submitted? I only received confirmation of my supplemental application fee. Thanks in advance!
I never got one. Don't think they send complete emails, it should just say complete in the application status tab of your portal
LoopyKazoo
Full Member
I never got one. Don't think they send complete emails, it should just say complete in the application status tab of your portal
Much appreciated. My application status tab does say complete. I just noticed, however, that under the "Transaction number" there isn't one listed. Is this normal? As previously mentioned, I did receive an e-mail confirmation of receipt of payment (but strangely, that didn't list a transaction number, just an invoice number).
my faculty interview ended like 10 min ago haha and yep this was the case! super low stress. to answer my own question for anyone else who may be wondering, there was time for 2-3 questions at the endmy interview was v conversational; there was no formal "do you have any questions for me?". Towards the end, it was a back and forth of questions. Low stress interview - don't sweat it!
Good to know, thanks! Do you mind sharing how long each the faculty interview, student interview and group exercise are?my faculty interview ended like 10 min ago haha and yep this was the case! super low stress. to answer my own question for anyone else who may be wondering, there was time for 2-3 questions at the end
nightwalker444
Full Member
For mine, both faculty and student were ~45min and group exercise was 15 minutes tops (actually have a timer going to stop you at a set time)Good to know, thanks! Do you mind sharing how long each the faculty interview, student interview and group exercise are?
Does anyone know how admissions are granted when the school releases decisions on a set date, not rolling? For example, are applicants evaluated shortly after their interview, and a decision is made then but not released until February 19th?
Also, would it be worth mentioning to the adcom that I will have an additional letter of rec coming? It is from a director of education at a prominent medical school, and I expect it to be something that adds a great deal of value to my app due to the longevity of the relationship. However, it will not be available until mid-October. I'm just not sure if I should mention it and ask if they will hold off on admissions decisions because perhaps it will help them evaluate my candidacy. Thoughts??
Also, would it be worth mentioning to the adcom that I will have an additional letter of rec coming? It is from a director of education at a prominent medical school, and I expect it to be something that adds a great deal of value to my app due to the longevity of the relationship. However, it will not be available until mid-October. I'm just not sure if I should mention it and ask if they will hold off on admissions decisions because perhaps it will help them evaluate my candidacy. Thoughts??
For those that received an II and are interested in PSTP, have you guys been able to access the PSTP app? I’ve tried many times but it keeps directing me to the home page after I click register
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I did mark and received an email from PSTP. But I just emailed them. Thanks for your reply!yeah, it's right under the supplemental application tab. when you click on PSTP, it's a short application. that's strange! Did you mark PSTP on your secondary? I'd reach out to the adcoms; maybe it's a tech issue
Just to give some of you "less competitive" applicants out there some hope... I got an II on 9/22 with a 509/3.9 (completed date 8/18)
Hi guys, MSTP here! I haven't heard back from UPitt (no II or rejection) even though some people completed after me have received IIs and rejections. Should I be concerned?
D
deleted785419
Pitt sent out rejections?Hi guys, MSTP here! I haven't heard back from UPitt (no II or rejection) even though some people completed after me have received IIs and rejections. Should I be concerned?
Pitt sent out rejections?
I think they did for MSTP applicants.
