2020-2021 Quinnipiac (Netter)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How’s the interview like? Is there a high chance of getting in after an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

How’s the interview like? Is there a high chance of getting in after an interview?

Interview was really relaxed. I talked to two different people, a student and a faculty member. Both were really conversational. We just talked about my activities and other random things. It was very low stress. I don't know the statistics of post-interview acceptance though unfortunately.

For those of you who have sent in update letters, which tab did you submit it under? Letter of intent/interest or Other?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I interview about 2 weeks ago and totally forgot to reply to the post-interview survey. I just completed it not too long ago and submitted it. Do you think this will look bad on my part?

I interview about 2 weeks ago and totally forgot to reply to the post-interview survey. I just completed it not too long ago and submitted it. Do you think this will look bad on my part?

Unless we've been lied to, you're completely fine. It's supposed to be an anonymous survey so they shouldn't even know who submitted it.

The gut is speaking again and it feels like Wednesday or Thursday are going to be II days. I would like to reiterate that I have no actual information, just a fairly healthy gut.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
The gut is speaking again and it feels like Wednesday or Thursday are going to be II days. I would like to reiterate that I have no actual information, just a fairly healthy gut.
I believe in your very healthy gut! Also cuz it feels like it’ll be around month since the last II came out...

ETA: it seems that in Sep, Oct, and Nov interviews came out within the few week of the month (counting 9/8 as first week cuz labor day). In Oct/Nov there was then relative silence the rest of the month (for IIs at least, not for As). So hopefully under the same logic/gut, interviews will come out this week or early next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
For people who interviewed in early November, has anyone heard back or know when we’ll be hearing back?

Really hoping to get an II at some point from this school (my top choice) :( Getting nervous that it's not going to happen.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Really hoping to get an II at some point from this school (my top choice) :( Getting nervous that it's not going to happen.
Hopefully it’ll happen! It’s not over till we get the R or school starts!
My unhealthy gut(and somewhat logic) predicts we’ll get a round of IIs next Mon or Tues since they seem to in this cycle send IIs earlier in the month and earlier in the week. They haven’t sent many IIs this cycle though and it feels like they may be delayed

Reactions: 3 users
For those of you that have been accepted, is there a FB group yet?

Reactions: 1 users
I’ve been waitlisted. Does anyone know what the movement off the waitlist is like?
Rooting for you to get off waitlist! I imagine it’d be high given the fear people have about newer school and choosing other more established schools plus the speculation of more waitlist movement this year because of virtual interview hoarding. MSAR has no eatablished numbers though so it’s all speculation.

I’ve been waitlisted. Does anyone know what the movement off the waitlist is like?
I'm turning down my acceptance. Like the previous person said, the fact that it's a new school means a lot of people probably used this as more of a "safety school" (which isn't really a thing for MD schools) and in state people who get accepted to UCONN or Yale will obviously turn down their acceptances as well.
I don't have any hard statistics for you but don't lose hope. Good luck.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I’m definitely not feeling great but I’ll be patient. Would you mind elaborating on the virtual interview hoarding?
Usually when interviews were in person, you had to like a school enough to invest in the flight/hotel and whatnot. It made it so if you had no interest in the school, you’d drop your II. However, with virtual interviews there’s no con to not attending because you don’t have to invest as much (except maybe time off from work). There’s been speculation on reddit that since there’s no con, people who are higher stat/get multiple IIs will hoard them with no intention of going to the school( and anecdotally I’ve seen remarks like this on reddit so it’s holding up so far). This means those people will reject/ drop the school later in the process which means there’s more room for waitlist movement later in the process.

Have they sent any pre-II rejections yet? I love this school but I think my mcat is too low

I haven't seen any II's on this thread in ages, hopefully those of us waiting get an early christmas present II soon lol :lol:

Reactions: 11 users
For those of you that have been accepted, is there a FB group yet?
No, I don't think so. I emailed Dean Collier asking about it and some other things. He said that students usually make these types of groups on their own. Maybe one of us could!

Also, have you gotten an acceptance package in the mail? I haven't received it yet and I was accepted almost a month ago.

Considering Quinnipiac’s deadline is coming up on Dec 15th, is it possible they’re just going to evaluate the rest of us and then do a giant wave of IIs in January? I know they mentioned in July about delaying the admissions process to give people a fair shot, and I know WSU is doing this so it seems possible.

Usually when interviews were in person, you had to like a school enough to invest in the flight/hotel and whatnot. It made it so if you had no interest in the school, you’d drop your II. However, with virtual interviews there’s no con to not attending because you don’t have to invest as much (except maybe time off from work). There’s been speculation on reddit that since there’s no con, people who are higher stat/get multiple IIs will hoard them with no intention of going to the school( and anecdotally I’ve seen remarks like this on reddit so it’s holding up so far). This means those people will reject/ drop the school later in the process which means there’s more room for waitlist movement later in the process.
well damn, this is a comforting thought

For those that have been accepted has anyone received a welcome packet or facebook group invite or anything?

For those that have been accepted has anyone received a welcome packet or facebook group invite or anything?

I haven't yet. I think the facebook group is student-made but I haven't received any welcome packet or anything. I assume something like that will come in the next few months or so.

I haven't yet. I think the facebook group is student-made but I haven't received any welcome packet or anything. I assume something like that will come in the next few months or so.
do you mind PMing me the link to the facebook? I didn't get an invite and can't find it lol!

do you mind PMing me the link to the facebook? I didn't get an invite and can't find it lol!

Oh I don't think there is one yet. Or at least I don't know about it either. I just meant that admitted students are usually the ones to make it, there's no official "admitted students" facebook page. So you can even start one too :)

Has anyone hear used "writing intensive courses" as their English credit when filling out Netter's app. I have a question thanks.

Has anyone hear used "writing intensive courses" as their English credit when filling out Netter's app. I have a question thanks.
I did, but I haven't gotten an interview or anything. I provided a syllabus in the "additional documents" section. I believe that is required.

I did, but I haven't gotten an interview or anything. I provided a syllabus in the "additional documents" section. I believe that is required.
I believe I did!
Thank you for responding. How did you get a copy of the syllabus? I have been trying to get a syllabus from a former professor ( I graduated in 2019). He is not responding and I found out it is because he is on sabbatical this year. I'm not really sure what to do about it. I will probably call Netter. I do not believe the registrar would be able to give me a syllabus.

Thank you for responding. How did you get a copy of the syllabus? I have been trying to get a syllabus from a former professor ( I graduated in 2019). He is not responding and I found out it is because he is on sabbatical this year. I'm not really sure what to do about it. I will probably call Netter. I do not believe the registrar would be able to give me a syllabus.
sometimes they are just online. try just googling it. people upload them to to like tutor and homework help websites sometimes

My undergrad saved all the syllabus for me unless the professor closed the course. I believe if you call the academic department, they should be able to fetch it for you

I used one english course and one writing intensive course for this requirement. I did not upload a syllabus to the portal and have been accepted here. The admissions staff is really nice so calling them would probably be helpful!

Woopsie, I just got the admissions packet in the mail. Apparently there is an official admitted students facebook group that's moderated by a second-year student and the link is written on one of the welcome packets. It says it'll be open starting in early January.

Woopsie, I just got the admissions packet in the mail. Apparently there is an official admitted students facebook group that's moderated by a second-year student and the link is written on one of the welcome packets. It says it'll be open starting in early January.
Is there an admissions packet? It’s been a few weeks since my acceptance but haven’t received anything in the mail. How long ago did you get the A?

Is there an admissions packet? It’s been a few weeks since my acceptance but haven’t received anything in the mail. How long ago did you get the A?

I received my acceptance on 11/13 so it's been a little over a month now. Probably just gotta give it a few more weeks for you to receive yours :)

I was accepted on the first few days they were releasing them and just got my packet today!

I received my acceptance on 11/13 so it's been a little over a month now. Probably just gotta give it a few more weeks for you to receive yours :)
I was accepted on 11/5 and have gotten nothing yet lol

Edit: jk got it this evening!

Last edited:
Anyone else who interviewed...how did you feel about the admissions director coming in at the end asking all the applicants questions so we could get to know a little bit what they put on their application?

Anyone else who interviewed...how did you feel about the admissions director coming in at the end asking all the applicants questions so we could get to know a little bit what they put on their application?
I mean I guess it's a nice touch given the interview group sizes are so small but it was sort of awkward for me because I'm a pretty cookie-cutter applicant and the other people in my group had super niche stuff like insane military experiences they could talk on and on about.

It was fun! I really like interview days with less than 10 applicants because you can actually talk to each other and get to know them, this was a fun activity.

Last edited:
anyone sending letters of interest right around know if they haven't heard back from the school yet?