-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Stanford
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
The feeling is mutual! I appreciate you guys too. I see your guys’ comments on the forums so much that, in my head, we are all friends hahaJust wanted to say that I appreciate all you people and I think that you’ll make wonderful doctors if that ends up being what you pursue. Stanford is just one school and does not dictate your worth!
Black_Taurean
Full Member
Mutual feelings as well. To tack on, we are all just getting redirected to where we are supposed to be.Just wanted to say that I appreciate all you people and I think that you’ll make wonderful doctors if that ends up being what you pursue. Stanford is just one school and does not dictate your worth!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't forget having to sell your kidney in order to afford being able to live in the Bay Area!Just wanted to say that I appreciate all you people and I think that you’ll make wonderful doctors if that ends up being what you pursue. Stanford is just one school and does not dictate your worth!
I already live here LOL!! But yes it’s pretty frickin badDon't forget having to sell your kidney in order to afford being able to live in the Bay Area!
fishking8888
Full Member
Adding myself onto the steep list of casualties today. Pre-II R, No VITA, complete 11/1 LM70
Just got an II! 10/29 VITA group.
valence_electron1
Full Member
Pre-VITA and pre-II R. Complete 10/15.
completed app mid-october, pre-II R today. alas, three pre-II Rs from all Cali schools I applied to (Stanford, UCLA, UCSF). don't think it helped that I completed all my apps to these (I think) rolling schools so late, or that I am OOS and (I believe) they are MCAT blind, but oh well, that's how things go sometimes 🙂. best of luck to everyone!
+1Just got an II! 10/29 VITA group.
II! 11/26 VITA group
II received, 12/3 VITA. Looks like they made a boo boo on 10/29 as it seems like the only date for post-VITA Rs.
(edit: turns out I was wrong others received Rs as well)
(edit: turns out I was wrong others received Rs as well)
Last edited:
futuredoc1999108753
Full Member
What is the average chance of acceptance if you got an interview (II) for Stanford? ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is the average chance of acceptance if you got an interview (II) for Stanford? ?
From previous posts, allegedly 175 offers for 500 interviewees = ~35%
futuredoc1999108753
Full Member
How are you guys going to prepare for the Stanford interview?
penguinspenguins
Full Member
Got the R from 10/29 VITA group. I have been accepted to two other top 25 schools that used VITA (Stanford is obviously ranked higher so hard to compare), so I didn't feel terrible about VITA, but not great. Such a weird thing Stanford did with the VITA. Overall a big tease that ended with disappointment 
D
deleted1014383
Stanford has the weirdest interview. It's only 20 mins long hard cutoff, and you don't even get told the interviewer's name. But it did feel like any other interview I had, which was like a conversation.How are you guys going to prepare for the Stanford interview?
mindstirfry
Full Member
I second. the socialization with other students was fun but the actual interview was just rapid fire questions for 20 min. not sure if that means more emphasis on the VITA but it is what it is
futuredoc1999108753
Full Member
Wait I thought Stanford was MMI? Did the interview ask about your research and questions about your app? was it more formal or causal?
simplenihilist
New Member
MMI is being substituted with Vita. 20 minute interview was basically like any other general interview, Why Stanford? Service work, etc. Tone and specific questions probably depend on interviewer. We ran out of time and barely got to say bye before getting cut off lol
giveitheremalfoy353
Full Member
Ya boi was 12/3 and got the RII received, 12/3 VITA. Looks like they made a boo boo on 10/29 as it seems like the only date for post-VITA Rs.
_
Last edited:
Ya boi was 12/3 and got the R
Sheesh. Yeah idk what’s going on then, very odd considering some people got II even before VITA.
Gosh - sorry to hear that... but trust you have some other irons in the fire...!pre-II R. Reapplicant and waitlisted last cycle so this one stung a bit :/
I completed the VITA back in September. Stanford accessed my vita in December, and gave me the II on the same day.
I am a bit nervous because I had technical difficulties during the vita and aamc didn't let me retake. It was not a fair replacement for the in-person MMI. I hope they take the faculty interview more seriously.
I am a bit nervous because I had technical difficulties during the vita and aamc didn't let me retake. It was not a fair replacement for the in-person MMI. I hope they take the faculty interview more seriously.
There was one person who said they hadn't during my interview day.Just wondering...Has anyone been offered an interview invite here without an MCAT score this cycle??
helloshelder
Full Member
I received a 10/21 interview invite without an MCAT score. I did end up taking it though so it'll be factored into my admissions decision (unfortunately.)Just wondering...Has anyone been offered an interview invite here without an MCAT score this cycle??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does Stanford have a longer interview day with group sessions/virtual presentations or do you just log in for the interview and that's it ?
Yeah there are presentations, and it felt pretty longDoes Stanford have a longer interview day with group sessions/virtual presentations or do you just log in for the interview and that's it ?
Yeah there are presentations, and it felt pretty long
How many hours was everything together if you don’t mind sharing? Want to know so I can give a heads up to my workplace since I haven’t gotten any follow up email yet.
Ye it was 6 hours (7:45 am to 1:30 pm PST)How many hours was everything together if you don’t mind sharing? Want to know so I can give a heads up to my workplace since I haven’t gotten any follow up email yet.
Would Stanford accept updates/interest letters, even if it's been way past 2 weeks after the interview? I know it might not be considered in your application anymore, but it wouldn't ever hurt right? (just so I can feel better about covering all my bases hahah)
For anyone who has been invited to interview with a suboptimal MCAT score, are you concerned about how the MCAT will factor into post-II acceptances? Honestly, I felt like Stanford was a far reach for me but after getting an II, I don't want to get my hopes up and ultimately get rejected because of my MCAT (509 & 128/122/130/129).
Would it be helpful/harmful to reach out to admissions to try and explain my low CARS section? On practice tests, I was scoring 126 & 128 in CARS before taking the real thing, so would it be useful to include this info if I reach out? Thanks for the help!
Would it be helpful/harmful to reach out to admissions to try and explain my low CARS section? On practice tests, I was scoring 126 & 128 in CARS before taking the real thing, so would it be useful to include this info if I reach out? Thanks for the help!
Hey! To answer your question I am honestly not sweating it, if the A comes cool, if not then I'll end up where I am supposed to be.For anyone who has been invited to interview with a suboptimal MCAT score, are you concerned about how the MCAT will factor into post-II acceptances? Honestly, I felt like Stanford was a far reach for me but after getting an II, I don't want to get my hopes up and ultimately get rejected because of my MCAT (509 & 128/122/130/129).
Would it be helpful/harmful to reach out to admissions to try and explain my low CARS section? On practice tests, I was scoring 126 & 128 in CARS before taking the real thing, so would it be useful to include this info if I reach out? Thanks for the help!
However, I strongly encourage you to NOT reach out or try to explain your CARS score, practice scores, or otherwise. I can't imagine any scenarios where that information would be helpful for you at all. You got an II! That's fantastic! Be proud of your app and do your best on interview day if it's coming up. 🙂
Best of luck!
Hey thanks for this 🙂 Imposter syndrome is hitting me hard rn...Hey! To answer your question I am honestly not sweating it, if the A comes cool, if not then I'll end up where I am supposed to be.
However, I strongly encourage you to NOT reach out or try to explain your CARS score, practice scores, or otherwise. I can't imagine any scenarios where that information would be helpful for you at all. You got an II! That's fantastic! Be proud of your app and do your best on interview day if it's coming up. 🙂
Best of luck!
For anyone who has been invited to interview with a suboptimal MCAT score, are you concerned about how the MCAT will factor into post-II acceptances? Honestly, I felt like Stanford was a far reach for me but after getting an II, I don't want to get my hopes up and ultimately get rejected because of my MCAT (509 & 128/122/130/129).
Would it be helpful/harmful to reach out to admissions to try and explain my low CARS section? On practice tests, I was scoring 126 & 128 in CARS before taking the real thing, so would it be useful to include this info if I reach out? Thanks for the help!
I got an II with a 508, but I had other redeeming qualities such as four first author papers during undergrad in various disciplines of study. I think you should focus more on your redeeming qualities, and convince them why you belong there as opposed to attempting to justify a subpar MCAT score. At the end of the day, my thought process is, someone has to be the bottom of the score range 🤷♀️.
Thanks for the advice and encouragement!I got an II with a 508, but I had other redeeming qualities such as four first author papers during undergrad in various disciplines of study. I think you should focus more on your redeeming qualities, and convince them why you belong there as opposed to attempting to justify a subpar MCAT score. At the end of the day, my thought process is, someone has to be the bottom of the score range 🤷♀️.
D
deleted1014383
My MCAT was really high (523+), but my GPA was a little low (below 3.9). So I guess I kind of feel that too. Getting interviews at other top places has made me feel a little validated though.
D
deleted1070467
Does anyone know when the interview date cut off for the notification date this month is?
ducks_are _the best
Full Member
noppeee.. maybe email admissions?Does anyone know when the interview date cut off for the notification date this month is?
D
deleted1087639
Does anyone know when notification this month will be?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don’t think they said a specific day but people are thinking this week since the first calls came out on the 15th last year.Does anyone know when notification this month will be?
Has anyone received links/info to the pre-interview social tomorrow?
Has anyone received links/info to the pre-interview social tomorrow?
Didn’t even know that was a thing. Is this for late jan interviews or earlier?
prototypeblitz
Full Member
Im illiterate and fail to understand what u mean lol. Would you mind clarifying why u find that odd?Sheesh. Yeah idk what’s going on then, very odd considering some people got II even before VITA.
prototypeblitz
Full Member
Guess we might start hearing back this friday right? Currently crapping bricks in anticipation