2020-2021 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had my current grad program send a letter on my behalf just to update how I am doing. Since my program is familiar with the Touro system, I assume they would have said something if sending the letter wasn't preferred.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So we should just email the update in a word doc? Which email address did you send it to?
I'm in the search for the same answer. I actually reached out to admin for some feedback. Was recommended to focus on research and non-clinical volunteer. I can deff do the second part, and have already signed up for some.

II this morning. Complete late December.

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrawing my acceptance. Best of luck guys.

Reactions: 2 users
Sent an update pre-II but still haven't heard anything new from them yet! Complete mid-Dec.

does anyone know if the entering class is filled/ how many seats may be remaining?

does anyone know if the entering class is filled/ how many seats may be remaining?
I don't think anybody on here can answer that unless they are on the ADCOM at the school and I seriously doubt even they can give an answer to that question right now, especially for DO schools. Why not?? Well, Touro is handing our some acceptances and that could potentially mean they have filled the seats BUT they know with a high degree of certainty that some percentage of those applicants will withdraw from the school if they have alternative schools that they prefer and get an A at the preferred school over the next few months. Maybe the Adcoms could hazard a guess on the number that will withdraw based on previous cycles but this cycle seems to be like no other cycle for obvious reasons. Some people will drop there spots earlier but they won't have really good data until the majority of people start committing to enroll and that is still months away. Then things will get a little crazy for awhile as people commit to the preferred school and drop other acceptances and there is significant waitlist movement. What do we do until then if currently Wait Listed?? We just wait and improve our apps for the next cycle JUST IN CASE needing another cycle is the end result of all this waiting. The ADCOMS that typically participate on SDN keep saying this to us on here but we don't like this answer too much. Unfortunately, there are not really other options but to have patience unless you are already sitting on an A.

I don't think anybody on here can answer that unless they are on the ADCOM at the school and I seriously doubt even they can give an answer to that question right now, especially for DO schools. Why not?? Well, Touro is handing our some acceptances and that could potentially mean they have filled the seats BUT they know with a high degree of certainty that some percentage of those applicants will withdraw from the school if they have alternative schools that they prefer and get an A at the preferred school over the next few months. Maybe the Adcoms could hazard a guess on the number that will withdraw based on previous cycles but this cycle seems to be like no other cycle for obvious reasons. Some people will drop there spots earlier but they won't have really good data until the majority of people start committing to enroll and that is still months away. Then things will get a little crazy for awhile as people commit to the preferred school and drop other acceptances and there is significant waitlist movement. What do we do until then if currently Wait Listed?? We just wait and improve our apps for the next cycle JUST IN CASE needing another cycle is the end result of all this waiting. The ADCOMS that typically participate on SDN keep saying this to us on here but we don't like this answer too much. Unfortunately, there are not really other options but to have patience unless you are already sitting on an A.
I would not he too certain of all this. After the last time, when they accepted more people than they could handle, the blowback was significant. While I bet that they did accept more people due to exactly what you're explaining, I highly doubt it is as significant as you are making it out to be

Reactions: 1 users
I would not he too certain of all this. After the last time, when they accepted more people than they could handle, the blowback was significant. While I bet that they did accept more people due to exactly what you're explaining, I highly doubt it is as significant as you are making it out to be
Agreed!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I got waitlisted today 2/2/2021 for application cycle 2021. Does anyone have any insight as to how long it takes for them to get back to you?

Hi I got waitlisted today 2/2/2021 for application cycle 2021. Does anyone have any insight as to how long it takes for them to get back to you?
Hey, I have heard there is a lot of movement in mid may as well. When did you interview?

Hey! Thanks for your response. When were you waitlisted? How long was the turnaround time for you? Thanks in advance.
I was waitlisted in December. I emailed admissions a few days ago asking for advice on how to improve my app. They gave me feedback and told me to send any updates in mid may when they start reviewing waitlisted applicants.

can any accepted student give insight as to how many people joined the FB page for the incoming class?

I think there's a groupme page, but I don't plan on joining until class starts. The link is somewhere on this forum, might have to go back a few pages to find it.

hey! anyone know is interviews may still be sent out? I was complete in october lol

does anyone have any insight on how students are accepted/waitlisted post interview? If they accept purely based off your interview or still go back through your app, and if the interviewers make the choice? I thought I had a really positive interview experience but was waitlisted, so not sure if its because of my interview or something previously on my app. any insight would be much appreciated!

hey! anyone know is interviews may still be sent out? I was complete in october lol
wondering the same thing! I was also complete in October

anyone know if it's helpful to call admissions and inquire about the status of my application?

I GOT AN INTERVIEW INVITE!!!!!!!, I sent my secondary in on 11/15 for refrence

Last edited:
does anyone have any insight on how students are accepted/waitlisted post interview? If they accept purely based off your interview or still go back through your app, and if the interviewers make the choice? I thought I had a really positive interview experience but was waitlisted, so not sure if its because of my interview or something previously on my app. any insight would be much appreciated!
My suggestion for you is to email admissions and ask why you were waitlisted. They will provide feedback.

My suggestion for you is to email admissions and ask why you were waitlisted. They will provide feedback.
Okay great, thank you for the suggestion!

Accepted students: does anyone know if fall classes are planning to be held in person or remotely?

Interviewed in January and just got waitlisted, would emailing them and asking why be a bad thing to do?

Interviewed in January and just got waitlisted, would emailing them and asking why be a bad thing to do?
The schools is receptive to discussing with you reasons for rejection, but I wouldn't reach out for advice following a waitlist placement. You may very well still get an acceptance. Your next step would be to send a letter of interest / intent

Just paid my deposit...my pockets hurt lol. Is there an accepted students group?

I'm in the search for the same answer. I actually reached out to admin for some feedback. Was recommended to focus on research and non-clinical volunteer. I can deff do the second part, and have already signed up for some.
Who did you ask for feedback specifically? The office of admissions or the director of admissions (Toplan)?

I've been waitlisted and I have been seeing some mixed advice on what to do next. I'm not sure if I should ask for some feedback now and then wait for a little to send a letter of intent. Does anyone have some advice? Also, who would I address the letter of intent to? The office of admissions or specifically to the director of admissions?

I've been waitlisted and I have been seeing some mixed advice on what to do next. I'm not sure if I should ask for some feedback now and then wait for a little to send a letter of intent. Does anyone have some advice? Also, who would I address the letter of intent to? The office of admissions or specifically to the director of admissions?

They said you could send one so I think you should honestly. I was WL and then accepted and didnt send anything, personally, but I was getting ready to. And I submitted a LOI to another school and addressed the dean of admissions (met her at the interview), as well as the admissions committee

Who did you ask for feedback specifically? The office of admissions or the director of admissions (Toplan)?
I sent the email to the general admission email, and Toplan replied.

haven't heard back from them after sending an update email! Anyone in the same boat? complete around dec 14.

I just withdrew my app after acceptance, hope it goes to one of you!
I paid my $2,000 deposit and got into my number one school the next day lol but it’s all apart of the process i guess. I did enjoy my interview experience at Touro

Reactions: 5 users
Do we know what the last interview day they released decisions for was? I can’t tell how long it’s taking to hear back at this point, and there doesn’t seem to be an exact day of the week or time they send decisions.
not sure if it helps but my interview was on January 13 and I got a decision February 5th

I just withdrew my app after acceptance, hope it goes to one of you!
I paid my $2,000 deposit and got into my number one school the next day lol but it’s all apart of the process i guess. I did enjoy my interview experience at Touro
whats your number 1 school fam?