2020-2021 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
pre II R OOS complete mid August

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This will go in the history books

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Just got the pre-II R... thought i had made it through the R wave... really sad. Haven't gotten any II yet:/

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
Have any rejections been with a complete date in September or later? It seems they have all been July and August submissions

Reactions: 3 users
Pre-II R; LM 72. Already admitted to my top choice and forgot to withdraw from here lol, but wishing the rest of yall best of luck!

• Care
  • Dislike
Reactions: 7 users
I completed mine in late october but haven’t heard anything uet 🥺😭

Mid July complete and I keep checking back on this page to see if I survived but these waves don’t stop coming

Members don't see this ad :)
Mid July, OOS, ORM, Pre-II R, sent an update Sunday and was one of my top :( just how it goes I guess

• Care
Seeing how dates range from July to late Aug (maybe early sep) in no pattern, I'm wondering if Tufts is sending these emails in alphabetical order or something?

Seeing how dates range from July to late Aug (maybe early sep) in no pattern, I'm wondering if Tufts is sending these emails in alphabetical order or something?
I don’t think so because I’m at the end of the alphabet and I got mine early this morning

• Care
i forgot i applied here LOL but pre-II R mid july

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
uGGHHhhhHHHH! ORM, complete late july. pre-II R.

• Care
Just got the pre-II R... thought i had made it through the R wave... really sad. Haven't gotten any II yet:/
I am really sorry to hear that :( I am in the same boat as you. I will pray that something great comes your way soon.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
@ Maine track--can anyone confirm the MMI timing?

Also got the R earlier! Complete late July, LM 75ish

• Care
*peeks from the explosion*
Is it over? Are we safe? Can we hold a memorial for those who have fallen?

Then again seeing the pattern of the past couple days, I’ll see the other survivors tmr for another round of Rs :p

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Received the R here yesterday. Complete back in late July/early August

• Care
How are the survivors feeling about their chances of ii’s in the next couple weeks?How are the survivors feeling about their chances of ii’s in the next couple weeks?
As someone complete at mid-august, I am not sure what to expect. Hoping that the ones that survived the R wave were actually selected for the next II wave.

mid july complete, hoping the same but trying not to be too optimistic

• Care
I feel like all IIs at this point are for WL spots :/

How are the survivors feeling about their chances of ii’s in the next couple weeks?
Complete late August here, still not feeling great since I get the feeling that the R wave simply hasn't made it to the end of August yet haha

Reactions: 2 users
Current first-year student at Tufts. Happy to answer any questions people might have about the school.

Current first-year student at Tufts. Happy to answer any questions people might have about the school.
Hey! How's the cost of living/attendance? I like the school but I'm hesitant about the price

Hey! How's the cost of living/attendance? I like the school but I'm hesitant about the price
Cost of living depends on how far away from the school you live. If you are walking distance (5 min), then rent is ~2000-3000+ for a studio or one bedroom. Price drops with increased distance. There definitely are affordable options, since it is a major metropolitan area. Student dorms used to be open but are now closed off and used as study rooms. Not sure if those are going to be reopened, but are an affordable option as well. If you have a roommate and find a place a bit outside the city, then the price becomes very manageable. The school is pretty good at giving need-based scholarships to cover tuition, which helps if you fall under that category. They also have been giving need-based stipends during COVID, which has been very helpful.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if they accept updates? So sorry if this has been posted.
OOS. Completed 8/10.

How were you able to find your roommate(s) if you have any? I would prefer to room with other medical students, but not sure how to find them.

Reactions: 1 user
How were you able to find your roommate(s) if you have any? I would prefer to room with other medical students, but not sure how to find them.
I don't know if it's the same at Tufts, but at some schools, there is some document/spreadsheet at second-look where you sign up to find other roommates. The accepted students facebook group will probably have something similar too

I don't know if it's the same at Tufts, but at some schools, there is some document/spreadsheet at second-look where you sign up to find other roommates. The accepted students facebook group will probably have something similar too

When do the facebook groups normally get formed?

Rescinded my interview offer! Good luck to future students! You will be amazing doctors!

Reactions: 17 users
You are a kind soul and best of luck in the future!
Also now I have to know, why are ducks the best?
Because how can this make you stressed out:

ducks.jpg

Reactions: 13 users
When do the facebook groups normally get formed?
Our (m24) facebook page got formed in early Feb of last year. It was a good place to meet future roommates (along with a google sheet that will have housing resources.