You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Tulane
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does anyone know what in progress means?
It took them 16 days to email me that mine was complete, it'll come!It's been more than two weeks since I submitted my secondary and I still haven't gotten an email saying my application is "complete and under review" 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CompleteComplete or under review
If you have a green check mark next to "in progress" it means your app is currently "under review".Does anyone know what in progress means?
I have a r
I have a red exclamation.Complete
If you have a green check mark next to "in progress" it means your app is currently "under review".
I have a r
I have a red exclamation.
It’s not yet complete/it’s not yet under review. It’ll probably happen in the next couple weeks
great, thank you!It’s not yet complete/it’s not yet under review. It’ll probably happen in the next couple weeks
thunderstorm1824
Full Member
Submitted my secondary on 7/14 and finally just got the email saying my application is complete and under review!
Submitted my secondary on 7/14 and finally just got the email saying my application is complete and under review!
+1
I didn't even get my secondary until the 23rd smh. that kinda makes it unfair since they're so heavily rolling. pretty much just luck then
thunderstorm1824
Full Member
Could be related to when our primary apps were verified?I didn't even get my secondary until the 23rd smh. that kinda makes it unfair since they're so heavily rolling. pretty much just luck then
Have you tried calling admissions?I didn't even get my secondary until the 23rd smh. that kinda makes it unfair since they're so heavily rolling. pretty much just luck then
Could be related to when our primary apps were verified?
I think they are backed up. I was only verified like 10 days ago and got my secondary a couple of days after.
Dont think so. I was verified in early June but only got my secondary a few days ago.Could be related to when our primary apps were verified?
PedroBread
Full Member
I was verified in early June and just got a secondary 2 days ago. I'm OOS. To me it seems like they're backed up with lots of applications and COVID issues, so I wouldn't worry too much about getting a secondary later than you expect. At least that's what I'm telling myself.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
InfectiousDiseasesH&TM
Full Member
I was verified in early June and just got a secondary 2 days ago. I'm OOS. To me it seems like they're backed up with lots of applications and COVID issues, so I wouldn't worry too much about getting a secondary later than you expect. At least that's what I'm telling myself.
I absolutely agree. Some schools like GW and Jefferson are pooling applicants before they send out the majority of their IIs. So I genuinely believe that it's unwise to use previous years' admissions processes and expectations
What do you mean by pooling?I absolutely agree. Some schools like GW and Jefferson are pooling applicants before they send out the majority of their IIs. So I genuinely believe that it's unwise to use previous years' admissions processes and expectations
GW and Jefferson will go through apps but put a majority of their applicants on hold in the initial review. The people who get interviews are usually extremely high stats/have ties to the school/ cured cancer or whatever, but this is more or less rare. The majority of their interviews will get sent out when they have reviewed most of the applications/ are going through rereviews ie. when they've pooled most of their applicants.What do you mean by pooling?
Agreed. I was on rereview last time i applied and II invite around thanksgiving. This year i have a much higher mcat, pubs, and i was still put on rereview.GW and Jefferson will go through apps but put a majority of their applicants on hold in the initial review. The people who get interviews are usually extremely high stats/have ties to the school/ cured cancer or whatever, but this is more or less rare. The majority of their interviews will get sent out when they have reviewed most of the applications/ are going through rereviews ie. when they've pooled most of their applicants.
Last edited:
Under review! Submitted 7/19
+1
lunacat123
Full Member
What did you say? I don’t want to sound pushy!I emailed them yesterday morning and literally got the secondary 5 minutes later. So might as well!
InfectiousDiseasesH&TM
Full Member
What do you mean by pooling?
@Just_Daikon explains it well. They'll collect most of their applications and then undergo a massive review/re-review before sending out the majority of their IIs. Both schools are low-yield so it makes sense that they want to get a broad look at the applicant pool before sending out invites
D
deleted1061754
When will you think first II will go out?@Just_Daikon explains it well. They'll collect most of their applications and then undergo a massive review/re-review before sending out the majority of their IIs. Both schools are low-yield so it makes sense that they want to get a broad look at the applicant pool before sending out invites
InfectiousDiseasesH&TM
Full Member
When will you think first II will go out?
According to the website, interviews will start in September, so I think invites will go out sometime in the next two weeks. I think it's likely to see IIs starting on Monday, which would give applicants about three weeks to schedule for that first slot
It’s crazy since past years II’s starting going out way earlier, they are def delayed this yearAccording to the website, interviews will start in September, so I think invites will go out sometime in the next two weeks. I think it's likely to see IIs starting on Monday, which would give applicants about three weeks to schedule for that first slot
Prosciutlul
New Member
I totally forgot to apply to Tulane when I submitted my primaries. I know they really like their early applicants. Do you guys think it is worth sending in my primary now?
it seems their cycle itself is delayed. Might as well shoot your shot 🙂I totally forgot to apply to Tulane when I submitted my primaries. I know they really like their early applicants. Do you guys think it is worth sending in my primary now?
Whats the typical secondary turn around time frame for Tulane? Does the 2 week rule apply here, since I know they like early applicants.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m pretty sure this has been asked a few times on this same threadfor the list leadership positions are you guys writing what you did or do you write like President - (insert organization here)
thunderstorm1824
Full Member
Yeah, they said it was recommended so I thought it would be best to send itare you guys sending casper even tho its optional?
where? I don't see it.I’m pretty sure this has been asked a few times on this same thread
I just made a list.where? I don't see it.
Still haven't received secondary. Is it at this point to late in the game for tulane. I know they are super big on applying early
I would try contacting them, from what I have seen on this discussion board, if you contact them, they send it immediately
Whats the typical secondary turn around time frame for Tulane? Does the 2 week rule apply here, since I know they like early applicants.
For any secondary, it should be at max two weeks, but get them in ASAP. I would not wait for more than two weeks on a secondary.
where? I don't see it.
I listed leadership, went into a little detail about hobbies
For the people that have gotten a complete under review notification, have any heard back about any ii?
Hey if anyone has insight about Tulane / NOLA I'd be appreciative!
1. What is a typical week like for M1/M2? How much required PBL / lab is there compared to lectures?
2. What is living in NOLA like? Would it be easy to live in suburbs? Is there a lot of crime?
Thanks y'all!
1. What is a typical week like for M1/M2? How much required PBL / lab is there compared to lectures?
2. What is living in NOLA like? Would it be easy to live in suburbs? Is there a lot of crime?
Thanks y'all!
thunderstorm1824
Full Member
I can speak on your second question: I was born and raised in NOLA and I think it's the greatest city in the world (though I'm obviously biased lol). It's such a fun place to live, there's always something to do, amazing food, music, cultural events, etc. NOLA residents are the most hospitable, friendly people you'll find. Living in Uptown or Mid-City would probably be best - close to campus and some of the coolest areas in town. As far as crime, NOLA has safer areas and not-so-safe areas, just like any other big city.Hey if anyone has insight about Tulane / NOLA I'd be appreciative!
1. What is a typical week like for M1/M2? How much required PBL / lab is there compared to lectures?
2. What is living in NOLA like? Would it be easy to live in suburbs? Is there a lot of crime?
Thanks y'all!
Where are the interviews? Anyone got any deets on the delay?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
solid_rock
New Member
I looked at the MD tracker that's on Reddit and it seems like they've just started to send out IIsWhere are the interviews? Anyone got any deets on the delay?
I don’t see anything for TulaneI looked at the MD tracker that's on Reddit and it seems like they've just started to send out IIs
The one lone wolf! Hopefully this means more are on the way.I don’t see anything for Tulane
solid_rock
New Member
View attachment 315220
Not sure if you're on the same doc as I am
Thank you. I had the same file open but for some reason it wasn't showing Tulane, maybe since it was a very recent invite and wasn't updating on my end. Surprised Tulane is so delayed compared to previous years