You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Tulane
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
so one II?? .. im assuming more were sent out and not reported so now im nervous
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1061754
Just remember that people could lie on the tracker who knows. No reason to tho honestly. It’ll happen when it happens 🙂so one II?? .. im assuming more were sent out and not reported so now im nervous
does anyone still not have a secondary? At this point i dont think ill get one
D
deleted1065184
I say just sit tight. I submitted my secondary July 14th and my app still isn't even under review yet lol...I think they're so swamped bc of the high application numbers that stuff is just taking a while.does anyone still not have a secondary? At this point i dont think ill get one
You'll probably get it some time next week, but even then it may take a while before they actually get around to reviewing it.
Did you e-mail them?does anyone still not have a secondary? At this point i dont think ill get one
You can't "un-send" a letter on AMCAS once you have sent it.I recently got a super strong letter of rec that was delayed due to COVID. I haven’t submitted my secondary yet — is it possible to switch another letter out for this letter if I email them?
You may be able to get your new letter uploaded to AMCAS and then assign it to some of your other schools, if they take more than 3 letters.
However, Tulane allows a maximum of 3 letters and only via AMCAS, which it states in no uncertain terms on their web page. They will not accept letters mailed directly to them either.
From their web page:
Do not submit more than three letters total, if sending individual letters.
We prefer no more than 3 LORs. If you have submitted more than 3 LORs, TUSOM can do nothing to edit this as all of the letters will be sent to us. The committee will read what they individually see fit.
Lol anyone else confused how one question says "our mission statement: ...translational research." now tell us about your service commitment
thunderstorm1824
Full Member
I don't really know how ED works, but is it possible that the single Tulane II reported in the Interview Tracker could be an ED applicant?
According to MSARS their ED date was August 1st.I don't really know how ED works, but is it possible that the single Tulane II reported in the Interview Tracker could be an ED applicant?
thunderstorm1824
Full Member
It looks like the deadline to submit AMCAS for ED is August 1st, interviews are in September, and admissions decisions go out early OctoberAccording to MSARS their ED date was August 1st.
Does anyone else have a red exclamation point over their LORs application status even though it says all have been received?
I had this at one point and I think it’s something they do manually to ensure you have the lister LORs they want.Does anyone else have a red exclamation point over their LORs application status even though it says all have been received?
Have yet to receive a secondary either, was wondering the same thingdoes anyone still not have a secondary? At this point i dont think ill get one
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ReallyNicepremed
Full Member
If you have been verified for 2 weeks or more, I would consider emailing them. I like some other people received a secondary soon after emailing them.Have yet to receive a secondary either, was wondering the same thing
verified 8/1 and haven't received a secondary. should I email them?
ReallyNicepremed
Full Member
I personally waited 3 weeks from my verification date to email them. I'll say give it a week then email them but it's up to you.verified 8/1 and haven't received a secondary. should I email them?
I personally waited 3 weeks from my verification date to email them. I'll say give it a week then email them but it's up to you.
funny enough I just got the secondary this morning without contacting them 🙂
comet2sixty
Full Member
funny enough I just got the secondary this morning without contacting them 🙂
I was just about to ask this too, although I still haven't received my secondary haha
UPDATE: just got my secondary!
Last edited:
How strict do you think they are on having only 3 individual letters? I’m non-trad, and I have 4 letters I’d like to submit: a committee letter, TFA supervisor (principal) letter, one science, and one non-science (major advisor).
see above: pretty definite about it! #417How strict do you think they are on having only 3 individual letters? I’m non-trad, and I have 4 letters I’d like to submit: a committee letter, TFA supervisor (principal) letter, one science, and one non-science (major advisor).
D
deleted1065184
Hey everybody, for those of you who had given up hope, my application is finally under review lol...I submitted my secondary July 14th, only one day after receiving it. I think they are likely overwhelmed with the amount of applications they have. They'll get to you, though.
D
deleted930626
So I applied ED (went to Tulane for undergrad) but haven't heard back about an interview yet. My application was marked under review on 7/24 and I have all the green check marks. Should I be worried that I haven't heard about an interview yet? They usually have the ED interviews during the first 2 weeks of September
Internationalphysician
Full Member
Their cycle is delayed this year.So I applied ED (went to Tulane for undergrad) but haven't heard back about an interview yet. My application was marked under review on 7/24 and I have all the green check marks. Should I be worried that I haven't heard about an interview yet? They usually have the ED interviews during the first 2 weeks of September
D
deleted1065184
We're in a pandemic, I don't think anybody should be worried tbh.So I applied ED (went to Tulane for undergrad) but haven't heard back about an interview yet. My application was marked under review on 7/24 and I have all the green check marks. Should I be worried that I haven't heard about an interview yet? They usually have the ED interviews during the first 2 weeks of September
sammyboy123
Full Member
I think you’re fine. Trust me it definitely sucks that the cycle seems to be a month delayed this year, but this pandemic is probably making it so tough on the admissions team since they are most likely working from home.So I applied ED (went to Tulane for undergrad) but haven't heard back about an interview yet. My application was marked under review on 7/24 and I have all the green check marks. Should I be worried that I haven't heard about an interview yet? They usually have the ED interviews during the first 2 weeks of September
does anyone know if casper was required last year?
Internationalphysician
Full Member
Was not required. Optional like this yeardoes anyone know if casper was required last year?
comet2sixty
Full Member
Email saying complete just now, OOS. submitted yesterday
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1Email saying complete just now, OOS. submitted yesterday
mipanzuzuzu
Full Member
I submitted my secondary 7/20 and still have not received the complete email. Should I call admissions?
D
deleted1058452
NoI submitted my secondary 7/20 and still have not received the complete email. Should I call admissions?
Attachments
D
deleted1065184
I submitted mine on the 14th and finally got an email that it was complete yesterday lol. Don't sweat it. I think things are just really hectic for them right now given the pandemic.I submitted my secondary 7/20 and still have not received the complete email. Should I call admissions?
treesarefrends
Full Member
submitted 7/21 and just got the complete email, I think you're fine!! it's coming!I submitted my secondary 7/20 and still have not received the complete email. Should I call admissions?
SpiritualHistorian
Full Member
+1I submitted 07/21 and just got an email that I am under review!
Wuzgoodbruv
Full Member
Question: In the application portal it says that they have received all my LORs however I still have a Red incomplete mark next to them. Is this normal/happened to anyone else?
Mine was like that for over 2 weeks so don’t stress!Question: In the application portal it says that they have received all my LORs however I still have a Red incomplete mark next to them. Is this normal/happened to anyone else?
go girl 08
Full Member
I submitted my secondary 7/20 and still have not received the complete email. Should I call admissions?
Also submitted 7/20 and haven’t gotten complete email, so it’s not just you! I’m going to just wait longer since it specifically says not to contact them for updates.
Wuzgoodbruv
Full Member
Submitted Secondary 8/11, got complete email 8/12
+1Submitted Secondary 8/11, got complete email 8/12
i think ppl are referring to getting another email after the complete email saying the app is under review. i believe the complete email is automated.
The email wouldn’t be automated if all the materials hadn’t been received yet. But yes, that’s what most people are looking for.i think ppl are referring to getting another email after the complete email saying the app is under review. i believe the complete email is automated.
Submitted secondary 7/24, the application is under review and complete today. Looks like it takes them about 2 weeks to get to it
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Submitted Secondary 8/11, got complete email 8/12
Is this email referring to your application being under review? I'm asking because when I submitted in mid to late July, they said an email will be sent when my application is complete and under review. Wondering if that is the same thing. Can you clarify?
Wuzgoodbruv
Full Member
Nope just a complete email. Not under review yetIs this email referring to your application being under review? I'm asking because when I submitted in mid to late July, they said an email will be sent when my application is complete and under review. Wondering if that is the same thing. Can you clarify?
D
deleted1065184
I think, in general, it is pretty safe to say that the pandemic has thrown their admissions process off (unsurprisingly so). If you have submitted your application, you will likely hear back from them a couple of weeks later.
It appears that they might process applications in batches, which would explain the differences between when people submit and hear back. In general, I just would not worry too much about how long it takes to hear back, as it is probably unrelated to your competitiveness as an applicant.
It appears that they might process applications in batches, which would explain the differences between when people submit and hear back. In general, I just would not worry too much about how long it takes to hear back, as it is probably unrelated to your competitiveness as an applicant.
I think, in general, it is pretty safe to say that the pandemic has thrown their admissions process off (unsurprisingly so). If you have submitted your application, you will likely hear back from them a couple of weeks later.
It appears that they might process applications in batches, which would explain the differences between when people submit and hear back. In general, I just would not worry too much about how long it takes to hear back, as it is probably unrelated to your competitiveness as an applicant.
The pandemic means this process will certainly take longer than usual, we all just have to be patient.