2020-2021 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any under review emails come out today?

Members don't see this ad.

Tulane is known for filling up their class seats very quickly, faster than most other medical schools. Because of this they recommend applying as soon as possible. Because there are so many applicants to their school per cycle, my best advice would be to submit as soon as you can.
So if i have yet to receive a secondary, would you suggest I reach out to them at this point? My primary was verified in early June and i've received like 95% of my other secondaries. I have Tulane pre-written and ready to go too, just need the actual secondary lol

So if i have yet to receive a secondary, would you suggest I reach out to them at this point? My primary was verified in early June and i've received like 95% of my other secondaries. I have Tulane pre-written and ready to go too, just need the actual secondary lol
I would. My app was verified a week ago and I got the secondary soon after.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Tulane is known for filling up their class seats very quickly, faster than most other medical schools. Because of this they recommend applying as soon as possible. Because there are so many applicants to their school per cycle, my best advice would be to submit as soon as you can.
Very good to know, thank you! I'd been sitting on this one for a few days but just submitted it. Hopefully I'm still relatively early.

anyone else still waiting on a secondary from here?

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, I would email them! Never hurts to ask, especially considering you were verified early.

I would email them! I did yesterday and I got the secondary an hour later

Reactions: 1 users
That's odd. I sent my verified primary 7/10 and got a secondary 7/21... please ask them @ApricotLaCroix @GameOfZones and let us know what they say! It's not right that you both have been verified much earlier than me and still haven't received a secondary. Last I checked, they don't screen, right?

That's odd. I sent my verified primary 7/10 and got a secondary 7/21... please ask them @ApricotLaCroix @GameOfZones and let us know what they say! It's not right that you both have been verified much earlier than me and still haven't received a secondary. Last I checked, they don't screen, right?

Afaik, Tulane sends a secondary to everyone. I wasn't sure if it was b/c I am still waiting for my MCAT score to come back? I'm OOS.

Afaik, Tulane sends a secondary to everyone. I wasn't sure if it was b/c I am still waiting for my MCAT score to come back? I'm OOS.
Oddly, lots of people who had their primaries verified earliest (within the first week) seem to have had issues not receiving their secondaries and are still waiting, while others who were verified and transmitted much later have gotten them right away. I don't think it's an issue with MCAT scores or anything like that, because when people contact admissions about the issue, they get sent their secondaries almost immediately, almost as if they'd been forgotten. I'm sure the admissions office is overwhelmed with the number of applications they've been receiving, but the order they're sending them out is very strange.

Oddly, lots of people who had their primaries verified earliest (within the first week) seem to have had issues not receiving their secondaries and are still waiting, while others who were verified and transmitted much later have gotten them right away. I don't think it's an issue with MCAT scores or anything like that, because when people contact admissions about the issue, they get sent their secondaries almost immediately, almost as if they'd been forgotten. I'm sure the admissions office is overwhelmed with the number of applications they've been receiving, but the order they're sending them out is very strange.

I had the same issue. Was verified 05/28 and did not receive my secondary until last week

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone still waiting from 7-14/15 for a complete email?

Reactions: 4 users
Submitted 7/18 no completion email but my status has checks on everything except for In Progress. Anyone else?

Reactions: 3 users
I submitted today and mine also checks everything except for the "In Progress". Wait is it supposed to say something else?

I saw that a few people had a problem where they could not see the status of their application through the secondary portal. I had the same issue but it is resolved for me now. My application is marked as complete and in progress in the portal but I did not receive an email stating that it was completed. Just thought I would mention. I received and submitted my secondary on July 16th.

Everything has green checkmarks now, but the interview section is now gone. I did receive the "under review" email btw.

1596145131964.png

anyone know what the red exclamation mark means? I'm pretty sure I completed everything. the document status only shows the date of when my letters of rec were received.

View attachment 314480

anyone know what the red exclamation mark means? I'm pretty sure I completed everything. the document status only shows the date of when my letters of rec were received.
Yeah mine looks like that and several other people said the same thing earlier today. I think it looks like that for those of us who submitted the secondary but still haven't gotten an email saying our app is under review.

Finally received a secondary!! I was verified late June for reference

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
View attachment 314480

If I had to guess, that just means they haven’t sorted your app into the “under review“ category. I think there’s a correlation with the “under review” email and that check mark.

Does anyone know when interviews generally go out? Or has anyone heard anything about this?

Does anyone know when interviews generally go out? Or has anyone heard anything about this?
2018 cycle: first secondary- July 2nd, first notification of under review- July 9th, first II- ~July 15th
2019 cycle: first secondary- July 3rd, first notification of under review- July 5th, first II- July 9th
2020- first secondary- July 13th, first notification of under review- July 22nd, first II- * refreshes email waiting for something to happen since it'd be awkward to try to call/email Tulane for information about that when they explicitly ask us not to*

but in short COVID seems to have affected their cycle (or at least their technical glitch)

Reactions: 4 users
2018 cycle: first secondary- July 2nd, first notification of under review- July 9th, first II- ~July 15th
2019 cycle: first secondary- July 3rd, first notification of under review- July 5th, first II- July 9th
2020- first secondary- July 13th, first notification of under review- July 22nd, first II- * refreshes email waiting for something to happen since it'd be awkward to try to call/email Tulane for information about that when they explicitly ask us not to*

but in short COVID seems to have affected their cycle (or at least their technical glitch)

We are all eagerly playing the waiting game. I submitted my primary on the 15th, got secondary on the 16th which I submitted on the 23rd. So just now going to refresh my email every hour for a couple of weeks of august for any news lol. I do see them potentially extending at least ED cycle a couple of weeks extra due to the later start.

Did you get an II from Tulane?

Did you get an II from Tulane?
nope. hence why I'm casually pressing refresh on my email every few minutes waiting for something to happen. Was complete this morning after completing secondary 7/13.

We are all eagerly playing the waiting game. I submitted my primary on the 15th, got secondary on the 16th which I submitted on the 23rd. So just now going to refresh my email every hour for a couple of weeks of august for any news lol. I do see them potentially extending at least ED cycle a couple of weeks extra due to the later start.
I would hope they do not delay ED because the application is time sensitive with not being able to apply elsewhere. Lets get it going!

Anyone else having an issue with LORs? I submitted my LORs, and it says received on the app portal but it has a Red exclamation point next to it? I submitted my secondary today as well and got a confirmation email saying my secondary was received but app isn't under review or "complete" :/ am i allowed to call them and ask why it doesnt update my LORs? bc i turned them all in a while ago

Anyone else having an issue with LORs? I submitted my LORs, and it says received on the app portal but it has a Red exclamation point next to it? I submitted my secondary today as well and got a confirmation email saying my secondary was received but app isn't under review or "complete" :/ am i allowed to call them and ask why it doesnt update my LORs? bc i turned them all in a while ago
It is not because of your LORs. They manually process applications and then send a complete email. A green checkmark will appear after you receive that complete email in a couple of days.

@int
It is not because of your LORs. They manually process applications and then send a complete email. A green checkmark will appear after you receive that complete email in a couple of days.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you know that? I hope I'm not too late but I got my secondary on the 21st and totally forgot about it until yesterday and then filled it out ASAP and turned it in a lil while ago.

Are you saying they will manually update my LORs on their system and mark it complete? I can't do anything ab this or call them?

Last edited:
@int

If you don't mind me asking, how do you know that? I hope I'm not too late but I got my secondary on the 21st and totally forgot about it until yesterday and then filled it out ASAP and turned it in a lil while ago.

Are you saying they will manually update my LORs on their system and mark it complete? I can't do anything ab this or call them?
I am a reapplicant. Interviewed here last year and was waitlisted. and from previous threads. You will see a green checkmark in front of LORs in a day or two but there will be a red exclamation mark in front of in-progress until you receive a complete email (which can take a while). Calling them about this won't expedite you getting your complete email so i don't think how that is going to help. Just a suggestion.

Hi! How did you guys who had to send an email to get a secondary phrase the email? I also submitted on the first day, and have gotten all my other secondaries

Hi! How did you guys who had to send an email to get a secondary phrase the email? I also submitted on the first day, and have gotten all my other secondaries
I just phrased it asking if there was an issue with my primary and asked if not, would it be possible to get a secondary. I got it a bit later and a reply saying they took care of it.

Submitted 8/2

6 day turnaround, hope it doesn't hurt me too much.