You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Tulane
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1065184
Yes, I think so. Wow, that's a very short post-bacc program though lolSeeking advice. For the "plans after graduation" question: Should I mention my intention to pursue a post-bacc program at my undergraduate institution in the secondary application?
D
deleted1061754
Anyone under review super early hear back yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's actually a 2 semester program that I am doing during the application cycle.Yes, I think so. Wow, that's a very short post-bacc program though lol
Not sure if this counts as super early but secondary received 7/12, under review on 7/22 and silence since then.Anyone under review super early hear back yet?
Has anyone received an interview invite, other than that one that was posted on reddit md tracker?
It’s probably showing complete because you sent in the minimum requirement for letters.I got a 'complete' email but not all my letters of rec have been received. My committee packet was received (which included a few letters) but I'm also sending one separately. It very clearly shows that the separate letter hasn't been received yet, but there's still a green check mark next to the letters of recommendation and I got a complete email. Is this normal?
go girl 08
Full Member
Finally got the complete and under review email today like 20 minutes ago after submitting on July 20th!!
Finally got the complete and under review email today like 20 minutes ago after submitting on July 20th!!
Haha, I submitted on July 23rd, so glad to see I'll be reviewed (soon)?
Internationalphysician
Full Member
No. You are not formally applying. Just expressing an interest.Does marking the MD/MBA or MD/MPH program mean we will only be considered for the dual program and not be considered for the MD program?
Awesome thanks!No. You are not formally applying. Just expressing an interest.
ReallyNicepremed
Full Member
If you already sent in a secondary, you have a great chance. I have a friend (who is an international student) with lower stats and less experience who got in.Hi, I am an international student with stats of 3.91/518. I have around 300 hr volunteering experience and 4000 hr research. Does anyone know how likely I will get an II? I know it's different and less likely for international students but just wondering.
Your stats are well above their median stats!
Last edited:
xycao
Full Member
Thank you so much!!i submitted on July 23th but still haven’t got their under review email.If you already sent in a secondary, you have a great chance. I have a friend (who is an international student) with lower stats and less experience who got in.
Your stats are well above their median stats!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2021MDapplicant77
Full Member
I submitted 7/23 as well and am also waiting, and I'm OOS but not international. I wouldn't worry about it, it looks like they'll get to us soon.Thank you so much!!i submitted on July 23th but still haven’t got their under review email.
I submitted 7/23 as well and am also waiting, and I'm OOS but not international. I wouldn't worry about it, it looks like they'll get to us soon.
Yes, I'm in the same boat here. Submitted 7/23; international (Canadian) and nothing heard yet. This is going to be a long ride 🙂
Complete and under review email. Submitted on 7/20.
premedbanana
Full Member
+1Complete and under review email. Submitted on 7/20.
just wondering which three letters did you guys end up choosing to tulane? t
How in the world are people submitting their secondary 8/11 and getting a complete email 8/12??? Are they confusing that email with the "Secondary submitted" email? Because I submitted 7/25 and still haven't gotten an application complete email
I submitted 8/2 (received the submitted successfully e-mail) and got a complete e-mail 8/3.How in the world are people submitting their secondary 8/11 and getting a complete email 8/12??? Are they confusing that email with the "Secondary submitted" email? Because I submitted 7/25 and still haven't gotten an application complete email
Have they received your LORs? Did you pay the submission fee?
Last edited:
D
deleted1061754
Are you under review yet?I submitted 8/2 (received the submitted successfully e-mail) and got a complete e-mail 8/3.
Have they received your LORs? Did you pay the submission fee?
No. The complete e-mail says you only go under review when the ‘inprogress’ section of the portal changes to a green checkmark. That hasn’t happened for me yet.Are you under review yet?
From the e-mail:
We would like to inform you that your application is complete. Your portal will have a red exclamation point stating you are in progress and this will remain until you are assigned to a screener. Once assigned, the checkmark will turn green and your application is now considered under review. You will receive another email once a decision is made on your application. We thank you for your continued patience with the application process and we wish you success.
I'm a bit confused. On my portal it's said "Application File Complete" for quite a while now but I never got an e-mail. I keep searching my email for Tulane but I never got one. On the portal itself though, it says Application File Complete but I still have the red "in progress" exclamation point/box. I have all green checks except for the In Progress. So even though I didn't get the Complete email, does this still apply to me? Judging from your e-mail, I just haven't been assigned a screener yet?
@14_karat
@14_karat
thunderstorm1824
Full Member
I got the "secondary application submitted successfully" email right after submitting and then didn't received a separate email saying my file was complete until I got the "complete and under review" email like 3 weeks later. I also had the red "in progress" box until I got the email that I was complete and under review email. Sounds like what you're seeing is normal.I'm a bit confused. On my portal it's said "Application File Complete" for quite a while now but I never got an e-mail. I keep searching my email for Tulane but I never got one. On the portal itself though, it says Application File Complete but I still have the red "in progress" exclamation point/box. I have all green checks except for the In Progress. So even though I didn't get the Complete email, does this still apply to me? Judging from your e-mail, I just haven't been assigned a screener yet?
@14_karat
Check your spam and trash. But it sounds like they’re a bit disorganized with the e-mails. As long as your portal has the “application complete” checked off I wouldn’t worry too much.I'm a bit confused. On my portal it's said "Application File Complete" for quite a while now but I never got an e-mail. I keep searching my email for Tulane but I never got one. On the portal itself though, it says Application File Complete but I still have the red "in progress" exclamation point/box. I have all green checks except for the In Progress. So even though I didn't get the Complete email, does this still apply to me? Judging from your e-mail, I just haven't been assigned a screener yet?
@14_karat
godsgirly4320
Full Member
does anyone know if the interviews will be in person?
2021MDapplicant77
Full Member
It's already posted to their website all interviews will be virtualdoes anyone know if the interviews will be in person?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
R
Removed 982794
Is it getting Late to send in this secondary?
D
deleted1065184
I don't think they've really started sending out interviews yet...and the order by which they begin review does not appear to be chronological. I say go for it!Is it getting Late to send in this secondary?
Hi everyone, I can't tell if my application is incomplete or not:
Does that red exclamation point just mean they're reviewing my application (or haven't gotten to it yet)?
Does that red exclamation point just mean they're reviewing my application (or haven't gotten to it yet)?
future_dr_j
Full Member
Hi everyone, I can't tell if my application is incomplete or not:
View attachment 316160
Does that red exclamation point just mean they're reviewing my application (or haven't gotten to it yet)?
You aren’t under review. That red circle turns green like the other ones after they send you the application complete / under review email
You aren’t under review. That red circle turns green like the other ones after they send you the application complete / under review email
Hmm okay thanks! But I don't have to do anything, right? Just be patient?
future_dr_j
Full Member
Hmm okay thanks! But I don't have to do anything, right? Just be patient?
No you don’t have to do anything. They will update it and send you an email. The waiting game stinks 🙁
No you don’t have to do anything. They will update it and send you an email. The waiting game stinks 🙁
Awesome, thanks! Waiting is hard haha, but at least I know I don't have to do anything (unlike Albany in which I forgot to click the 'finalize' button for around 10 days)... thanks again!!
I don't think so. I submitted 7/20 and I just got mine the other day so yours should be coming soon. I would give it another week!I submitted on 7/23 and still haven't got a confirmation email...should I be worried?
2021MDapplicant77
Full Member
Submitted same day and also still waiting.I submitted on 7/23 and still haven't got a confirmation email...should I be worried?
D
deleted1058452
Complete and under review email received just now
Submitted on the 22nd of July
Submitted on the 22nd of July
Submitted 7/23 and just got under review email
2021MDapplicant77
Full Member
Hope they get to me today/tomorrow then! Submitted 7/23 as well.Submitted 7/23 and just got under review email
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
xycao
Full Member
I don’t think it works like that but please let me know if you get the email tomorrow! I will let you know too!Hope they get to me today/tomorrow then! Submitted 7/23 as well.
Has anyone else not received a secondary from Tulane yet? I got verified last week and received secondaries from all my other schools.
I also was verified last week and have not received a secondary (OOS applicant). From earlier posts in this thread, it seems to take a few weeks for them to send out secondaries. They must send them out in batches versus their system automatically sending them out once they receive a verified AMCAS app.
2021MDapplicant77
Full Member
Submitted 7/23, complete and under review email just now! (letters were in prior to secondary submission)
Neurotic moment of the day given this information here
In previous cycles, people were often complete the next day or a couple days after submitting the secondary in early July so there seems to be a constant review of applications. However, notifications of rejections (and likely subsequent holds/IIs) are strived to be completed within 3-5 weeks of the completion date (and appears to typically stay on schedule early on).
The first noticed under review/complete here was on 7/24 (about 2 weeks after applications were transferred to Tulane so Tulane had waited 2 weeks before beginning to review applications). Based on this 3-5 week window and the fact that we are now entering week 4 on Friday 8/21, we should (hopefully) be hearing back either this week or next when it's week 5 (due to COVID delays).
Or maybe I'm just having wishful thinking that we'll here back soon.
In previous cycles, people were often complete the next day or a couple days after submitting the secondary in early July so there seems to be a constant review of applications. However, notifications of rejections (and likely subsequent holds/IIs) are strived to be completed within 3-5 weeks of the completion date (and appears to typically stay on schedule early on).
The first noticed under review/complete here was on 7/24 (about 2 weeks after applications were transferred to Tulane so Tulane had waited 2 weeks before beginning to review applications). Based on this 3-5 week window and the fact that we are now entering week 4 on Friday 8/21, we should (hopefully) be hearing back either this week or next when it's week 5 (due to COVID delays).
Or maybe I'm just having wishful thinking that we'll here back soon.
Neurotic moment of the day given this information here
In previous cycles, people were often complete the next day or a couple days after submitting the secondary in early July so there seems to be a constant review of applications. However, notifications of rejections (and likely subsequent holds/IIs) are strived to be completed within 3-5 weeks of the completion date (and appears to typically stay on schedule early on).
The first noticed under review/complete here was on 7/24 (about 2 weeks after applications were transferred to Tulane so Tulane had waited 2 weeks before beginning to review applications). Based on this 3-5 week window and the fact that we are now entering week 4 on Friday 8/21, we should (hopefully) be hearing back either this week or next when it's week 5 (due to COVID delays).
Or maybe I'm just having wishful thinking that we'll here back soon.
wow thank you for this- my application was under review 7/22 and I haven't heard anything and am being neurotic af. But hopefully will hear about interview or not hopefully rejection by next week and will let this group know!