2020-2021 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 user
Just received complete/under review email. IS, complete 07/13

I really feel like interview invites for this school are gonna start coming out this week

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Finally got caught up with most of my other secondaries. Still waiting for this one though

Verified early June, FWIW

For the questions that ask to list leadership skills and hobbies, are y'all doing a literal list, or are you talking about them in paragraph form?

For the questions that ask to list leadership skills and hobbies, are y'all doing a literal list, or are you talking about them in paragraph form?
For the leadership stuff, I did a list. For hobbies, I wrote a bit more.

I really feel like interview invites for this school are gonna start coming out this week
I feel like a lot of people haven't even gotten their secondary app. I hope they don't send II's when they haven't even sent all their secondaries lol...

I feel like a lot of people haven't even gotten their secondary app. I hope they don't send II's when they haven't even sent all their secondaries lol...

It seemed to be that way last year too unfortunately

like legit a few comments above the first person getting the interview invite is someone asking if others still haven’t gotten a secondary lol

that’s just how Tulane rolls

Secondary received, OOS. I was verified on Friday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mind me asking what day you submitted? I submitted my secondary the 20th and haven't gotten the "under review" email yet
I submitted on the 15th and still haven't gotten an under review email.

Is an MCAT score required before going under review?
I don't think so. I don't even think it's required for an interview. I believe it's required for an acceptance though. Don't quote me.

Just received an email that my application is complete and under review. Submitted secondary 7/13

For those of you that have secondaries: When it asks to “list any leadership positions...etc” did y’all literally list them or pick a few and expound ?

Last edited:
gotcha! Makes sense cause it’s only 100 word limit anyway lol Thank you!!!

I took the other route. I'm a non-trad, so I listed additional experiences not found on my primary and gave a brief description of what it is.

For those of you that have secondaries: When it asks to “list any leadership positions...etc” did y’all literally list them or pick a few and expound ?
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:

for anyone else questioning this, In talking to my pre-med advisers they said if it say "list" then list. No need to waste effort trying to sound fancy when they explicitly told you to list. Also, they said it can show that you don't follow directions well.

Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone having empty boxes show up for their application status for everything? I am confused because I submitted everything a while ago and nothing is ticked.

Is anyone having empty boxes show up for their application status for everything? I am confused because I submitted everything a while ago and nothing is ticked.
Seems to be a pretty common issue for most people, I'm assuming it's an IT issue at Tulane that they'll have to fix

I feel like I kinda messed up sleeping on this secondary, received it on the 16th and submitted it today.

Best of luck to everyone!

Should I email admissions if I still don't have a secondary? OOS Verified 6/26

Has anyone who submitted on the 18th and still not gotten the complete email?

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 10.30.28 AM.png
Anyone else's portal showing this when you go to check the status? I checked on two different computers, 3 different browsers, and my phone but it's showing the same broken image. It's been like this for a couple days now.

Reactions: 4 users
View attachment 314227Anyone else's portal showing this when you go to check the status? I checked on two different computers, 3 different browsers, and my phone but it's showing the same broken image. It's been like this for a couple days now.
Don’t worry it appears like that for everyone! It’s been that way for a week now I’d say

Verified 7/15 and got my secondary today! It took a long while so I believe everyone's getting theirs eventually. Doesn't hurt to contact them either though, just in case.

Does anyone know if Tulane accepts updates and how? I started an Americorps position after submitting my application and would like to let them know.

Please list your hobbies and major non-academic interests:

List any leadership positions, in clubs or organizations, you may have held:

Tulane University School of Medicine values the diversity of its patients, faculty, staff, and students. Do you identify with a particular group that you believe is underrepresented among medical professionals? These include groups oriented around, but not limited to: ethnicity, race, sexuality, religion, disability, and economic background.

Is anyone answering the above questions by just listing like they ask? Also the third question would just be a one sentence yes or no and which one, correct?

Does anyone know if Tulane accepts updates and how? I started an Americorps position after submitting my application and would like to let them know.
You can upload it into the portal but generally I believe they don't really consider updates seriously until after the interview.

Has anyone who submitted on the 18th and still not gotten the complete email?
*Submitted on July 13th and still no complete email*
*insert neuroticism*
They may have a specific type of filter on or something.

For the " Is a member of your family a graduate of Tulane University School of Medicine?" question, if someone in my family completed their residency at Tulane, would this count?

For the " Is a member of your family a graduate of Tulane University School of Medicine?" question, if someone in my family completed their residency at Tulane, would this count?

No

I feel like I kinda messed up sleeping on this secondary, received it on the 16th and submitted it today.

Best of luck to everyone!
Same here, didn't realize it was so time-sensitive until I started reading this forum :( Best of luck to us!

How time-sensitive are we talking?
Tulane is known for filling up their class seats very quickly, faster than most other medical schools. Because of this they recommend applying as soon as possible. Because there are so many applicants to their school per cycle, my best advice would be to submit as soon as you can.