2020-2021 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
According to the secondary portal they interview until the end of February but it seems as though that's not the case this year if interviews are being scheduled into March - hoping there's still hope for all of us out there waiting LOL
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hold for possible interview just now. Anyone been in this category and end up getting an interview? If so, how long after receiving this notice?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hold for possible interview just now. Anyone been in this category and end up getting an interview? If so, how long after receiving this notice?
Happened to me 2 weeks ago and I’ve seen it happen to a few others as well recently! I was put on hold in Nov and got the invite mid Jan
 
I’m completely disgusted with Tulane at this point. Clearly the administration does not truly care about black lives like they claim to be. You are in New Orleans and you afraid that a Black PD is going to deter white applicants ??? Well they shouldn’t be doctors if that is their upmost concern ... they don’t deserve to be! They’ve lost me as a student
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just want to echo the post above^. Not just to show a stance against their abhorrent behavior, but you genuinely do not want to train at an institution like this.

Read through the claims: "unsupervised procedures", "extended duty hours", "overburdening and deficiencies" "PPE and live saving equipment removed"

They won't care about you or your patients when you're rotating there. Only attend if you don't have other acceptances.
 
I’m completely disgusted with Tulane at this point. Clearly the administration does not truly care about black lives like they claim to be. You are in New Orleans and you afraid that a Black PD is going to deter white applicants ??? Well they shouldn’t be doctors if that is their upmost concern ... they don’t deserve to be! They’ve lost me as a student
Agreed, it's especially abhorrent given that Tulane is in a majority-Black city. How can they train medical students to care for NOLA residents when Black faculty and trainees are treated this way? I am on the WL here but I sure hope I get the A somewhere else 🙁
 
I didn’t apply to Tulane but just discovered the Twitter thread and all the evidence Dr. Dennar included, it’s truly heartbreaking. At the same time, I’m so proud of each one of you folks that decided to withdraw their A/WL, it makes me very hopeful about the future of medicine. Kudos to all of you!
 
I didn’t apply to Tulane but just discovered the Twitter thread and all the evidence Dr. Dennar included, it’s truly heartbreaking. At the same time, I’m so proud of each one of you folks that decided to withdraw their A/WL, it makes me very hopeful about the future of medicine. Kudos to all of you!
i agree. Its very heartbreaking how every school now claims to be actively working against racism but most of them are actually doing the opposite. Very disappointed with Tulane. For anyone withdrawing, please let them know exactly why you are withdrawing.
 
Just emailed and withdrew my application as well. Made sure to mention Dr. Dennar so they know exactly why.
+1; I was on the fence about withdrawing my interview invite, but this was the sign to let it go. I hope more applicants can do the same.

Good luck to all who interview/ attend Tulane. I can complete understand the internal dilemma with withdrawing your application if this is your only invite or acceptance, but this is down right disgusting and scary to read (especially for black women like myself).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad