-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Tulane
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
No preference for OOS/IS, old school with a well known reputation, and area. I didn't get this email though, weird.I just recieved the email about how 600/18,000 applicants get an interview (so like 3%). Why do you guys think that so many students apply to or attracts a lot of premeds to Tulane?
i got it after my invite. its an email asking if u need to cancel ur interviw.No preference for OOS/IS, old school with a well known reputation, and area. I didn't get this email though, weird.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ahhh that’s why I didn’t get it lmao. Rip me, congrats though!!i got it after my invite. its an email asking if u need to cancel ur interviw.
under review!!!! complete 9/15 🙂 woot woot!
floridaheatkills
Full Member
Late to the party, but I'm also under review. Complete 9/4
+1 under review as well! complete 9/29
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Hold for possible interview just now. Anyone been in this category and end up getting an interview? If so, how long after receiving this notice?
love_franks_red_hot
Full Member
complete 10/7 and under review!
Did you get an email? Do you no longer have the red ! ?complete 10/7 and under review!
love_franks_red_hot
Full Member
yes i got an email and it is green now!Did you get an email? Do you no longer have the red ! ?
milkymilkymilk
New Member
II just now!!! I was taken off of hold!
Available interview dates are still March 5 and 11.
Complete 10/8, Under Review 11/25, Hold for Interview 1/14
Available interview dates are still March 5 and 11.
Complete 10/8, Under Review 11/25, Hold for Interview 1/14
congrats! you've done the impossibleII just now!!! I was taken off of hold!
Available interview dates are still March 5 and 11.
Complete 10/8, Under Review 11/25, Hold for Interview 1/14
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ya'll are giving me hope, complete mid-Sept and still waiting to go under reviewunder review!!!! complete 9/15 🙂 woot woot!
milkymilkymilk
New Member
Thank you!! I hope y'all get the email too, I'm surprised I got it, so there's still hope!congrats! you've done the impossible
Complete early september
Just put under review 😆 lol
Just put under review 😆 lol
it's so funny that just being under review is such a victory lol
Happened to me 2 weeks ago and I’ve seen it happen to a few others as well recently! I was put on hold in Nov and got the invite mid JanHold for possible interview just now. Anyone been in this category and end up getting an interview? If so, how long after receiving this notice?
InverseContradiction
Full Member
Under Review, Complete 11:53 pm, Deadline Day 11/15
D
deleted1054719
It really is though! Tulane's admissions committee has a staff of 5 reviewers so getting one of them to put eyes on your app out of the 17k+ apps they get is pretty significant, all things considered.it's so funny that just being under review is such a victory lol
medicwannabedoc
Full Member
Hold earlier today. It seems like everyone on this forum is either holds or interviews... does the hold mean much? does anyone actually get pre II rejections?
Twitter thread outlining allegations of racism by tulane against their first black woman PD. Oof
edited for clarity
Here’s a link to the lawsuit she filed. Please read in full because it’s absolutely wild and Tulane’s behavior is atrocious.
More information. It does kind of speak about their culture...
I’m completely disgusted with Tulane at this point. Clearly the administration does not truly care about black lives like they claim to be. You are in New Orleans and you afraid that a Black PD is going to deter white applicants ??? Well they shouldn’t be doctors if that is their upmost concern ... they don’t deserve to be! They’ve lost me as a student
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Withdrew my app - absolutely disgusting behavior by tulane.
plebienrebels
Full Member
I have also withdrawn my acceptance here. This level of institutional racism is one of my non-negotiables. Good luck to however gets my spot.
hungryhungryhippo4
Full Member
I did not apply here but wanted to come on to say that unless this is your only acceptance, please consider withdrawing your application to show a stance against their absolutely disgusting and unacceptable behavior.
Just want to echo the post above^. Not just to show a stance against their abhorrent behavior, but you genuinely do not want to train at an institution like this.
Read through the claims: "unsupervised procedures", "extended duty hours", "overburdening and deficiencies" "PPE and live saving equipment removed"
They won't care about you or your patients when you're rotating there. Only attend if you don't have other acceptances.
Read through the claims: "unsupervised procedures", "extended duty hours", "overburdening and deficiencies" "PPE and live saving equipment removed"
They won't care about you or your patients when you're rotating there. Only attend if you don't have other acceptances.
Just emailed and withdrew my application as well. Made sure to mention Dr. Dennar so they know exactly why.
Agreed, it's especially abhorrent given that Tulane is in a majority-Black city. How can they train medical students to care for NOLA residents when Black faculty and trainees are treated this way? I am on the WL here but I sure hope I get the A somewhere else 🙁I’m completely disgusted with Tulane at this point. Clearly the administration does not truly care about black lives like they claim to be. You are in New Orleans and you afraid that a Black PD is going to deter white applicants ??? Well they shouldn’t be doctors if that is their upmost concern ... they don’t deserve to be! They’ve lost me as a student
+ 1Just emailed and withdrew my application as well. Made sure to mention Dr. Dennar so they know exactly why.
lanadelgay124
Full Member
Acceptance withdrawn, firmly-worded email sent, and I'm absolutely disgusted. Obviously not everyone is in a position to withdraw an acceptance, but if you are, I urge you to strongly consider.
D
deleted1054719
Im just bewildered at how egregious this is. They took it a step above by removing PPE...that’s actively trying to kill someone. Also withdrawing my A here.
Last edited by a moderator:
thunderstorm1824
Full Member
As someone born and raised in NOLA, this situation is absolutely infuriating and heartbreaking. In a city that has been through so much, where communities of color are especially disadvantaged, the Black citizens, physicians, and trainees of New Orleans deserve better. I'm WL at Tulane but grateful to have other acceptances so I will be withdrawing.
I didn’t apply to Tulane but just discovered the Twitter thread and all the evidence Dr. Dennar included, it’s truly heartbreaking. At the same time, I’m so proud of each one of you folks that decided to withdraw their A/WL, it makes me very hopeful about the future of medicine. Kudos to all of you!
i agree. Its very heartbreaking how every school now claims to be actively working against racism but most of them are actually doing the opposite. Very disappointed with Tulane. For anyone withdrawing, please let them know exactly why you are withdrawing.I didn’t apply to Tulane but just discovered the Twitter thread and all the evidence Dr. Dennar included, it’s truly heartbreaking. At the same time, I’m so proud of each one of you folks that decided to withdraw their A/WL, it makes me very hopeful about the future of medicine. Kudos to all of you!
+1; I was on the fence about withdrawing my interview invite, but this was the sign to let it go. I hope more applicants can do the same.Just emailed and withdrew my application as well. Made sure to mention Dr. Dennar so they know exactly why.
Good luck to all who interview/ attend Tulane. I can complete understand the internal dilemma with withdrawing your application if this is your only invite or acceptance, but this is down right disgusting and scary to read (especially for black women like myself).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You need to take care of you first but as another commenter said... re: taking away PPE etc.. This is just so unconscionable.Anyone else reading this all go down while knowing Tulane will most likely be the only acceptance? The inner turmoil is real, especially because this is my second year applying.
docdocgoose12345
Full Member
What happened with them taking away PPE?You need to take care of you first but as another commenter said... re: taking away PPE etc.. This is just so unconscionable.
D
deleted1054719
Last screenshot on the reddit post. Tulane removed PPE from only Dr. Dennar's clinic and asked her to see patients without protection.What happened with them taking away PPE?
docdocgoose12345
Full Member
WOW that’s horrific. Thanks for the responseLast screenshot on the reddit post. Tulane removed PPE from only Dr. Dennar's clinic and asked her to see patients without protection.
Wtf I did not know about this. Wtf tulaneLast screenshot on the reddit post. Tulane removed PPE from only Dr. Dennar's clinic and asked her to see patients without protection.