-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 UC Davis
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1, was just waitlisted, interviewed Jan 15thWL, interviewed early jan
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got the A call!! 😭
Congrats to everyone that heard some gud gud news tonight 🥳🥳🥳
Was wondering if Davis accepts Post-II updates? 😙
Was wondering if Davis accepts Post-II updates? 😙
they do not, not even after waitlist placementCongrats to everyone that heard some gud gud news tonight 🥳🥳🥳
Was wondering if Davis accepts Post-II updates? 😙
oof good thing I asked! Thanks friendo!they do not, not even after waitlist placement
I got an acceptance call yesterday on Feb 3rd. My interview was on Jan 15th. Good luck everyone!
metricshadow12
Full Member
Interviewed today, super nervous but I think it went okay. Anyone know how many A's they've given so far or estimated? Thanks🙂
ProjectDocument
Full Member
Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't have voided my SJT.... Did anyone who didn't take the SJT get an II? I grew up in the greater Sacramento area and have strong ties to Davis but nothing except silence so far 🙁
Yes. I got an interview and didn’t take the SJT. There’s still time though So don’t beat yourself upSometimes I wonder if I shouldn't have voided my SJT.... Did anyone who didn't take the SJT get an II? I grew up in the greater Sacramento area and have strong ties to Davis but nothing except silence so far 🙁
I was accepted and did not take the SJT (I refused to succumb to yet another institutional barrier smh). I don’t think interviews will be over for another two months, so keep your head up!Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't have voided my SJT.... Did anyone who didn't take the SJT get an II? I grew up in the greater Sacramento area and have strong ties to Davis but nothing except silence so far 🙁
I don't think they are really taking SJT into consideration, as per their FAQ page: https://health.ucdavis.edu/mdprogram/admissions/pdfs/SJT-FAQ.pdfI was accepted and did not take the SJT (I refused to succumb to yet another institutional barrier smh). I don’t think interviews will be over for another two months, so keep your head up!
Hi!! For everyone who interviewed, did you send thank you emails or anything?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've also been getting ghosted by current students...I've been reaching out to current students and appear to be getting ghosted. Really struggling on how to get a sense of the culture at this school 😥
metricshadow12
Full Member
Any idea on the estimated numbers of A’s so far?I was accepted and did not take the SJT (I refused to succumb to yet another institutional barrier smh). I don’t think interviews will be over for another two months, so keep your head up!
Not quite sure, but I know interviews are being conducted in AprilAny idea on the estimated numbers of A’s so far?
iwanttogrowamustache
New Member
So far there’s a little over 50 people in our Facebook page. Looks like there’s still a lot of seats to fill!Any idea on the estimated numbers of A’s so far?
iwanttogrowamustache
New Member
Hey there, I didn’t send thank you emails and still got in! I don’t think it will impact your application.Hi!! For everyone who interviewed, did you send thank you emails or anything?
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Wow II just now! Complete early September.
CONGRATS!! what dates are available?Wow II just now! Complete early September.
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Thanks! There was only 1 more date left on 3/5. None left for the rest of Feb, Mar, or Apr.CONGRATS!! what dates are available?
metricshadow12
Full Member
Thank you! im hoping thats the case too!!!!Hey there, I didn’t send thank you emails and still got in! I don’t think it will impact your application.
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Can anyone speak on the MMI interview here? Of course I know you can't go into detail but was it on the easier side or pretty difficult?
metricshadow12
Full Member
I sent just a general thank you for your time I appreciate everything stuff to the ad com email. I didn't include any names or anything just a general thank you to everyone. It probably doesn't make a difference, but I was genuinely thankful for the smooth process lol.Hi!! For everyone who interviewed, did you send thank you emails or anything?
metricshadow12
Full Member
I would say for me I was pretty nervous about it, but it was much smoother than I thought it would be. Don't be scared of it, embrace it as a way to show who you are and how you adapt to situations and you'll do fine! Practice with seeing both sides of issues, and look at example answers on google, I found those helpful.Can anyone speak on the MMI interview here? Of course I know you can't go into detail but was it on the easier side or pretty difficult?
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Thanks for the input! How long after the interview do they let you know if you've been accepted?I would say for me I was pretty nervous about it, but it was much smoother than I thought it would be. Don't be scared of it, embrace it as a way to show who you are and how you adapt to situations and you'll do fine! Practice with seeing both sides of issues, and look at example answers on google, I found those helpful.
metricshadow12
Full Member
They said 3-4 weeks so I'm still waiting lolThanks for the input! How long after the interview do they let you know if you've been accepted?
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
The wait is always the hardest lol. I hope interviewing this late in the game isn't interviewing for a WL position. Did they say the class is full already?They said 3-4 weeks so I'm still waiting lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
metricshadow12
Full Member
No they didn't say anything about it haha, im feeling the same way tbh but I hear their waitlist has decent movement so as long as it's not an R theres still hope lolThe wait is always the hardest lol. I hope interviewing this late in the game isn't interviewing for a WL position. Did they say the class is full already?
drsunshine89
Full Member
I took the SJT and apparently I'm not very ethical, but I got the II!Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't have voided my SJT.... Did anyone who didn't take the SJT get an II? I grew up in the greater Sacramento area and have strong ties to Davis but nothing except silence so far 🙁
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Same, I did horribly on the SJT but still got an II. I doubt they are using it this cycle.I took the SJT and apparently I'm not very ethical, but I got the II!
I did well on it but no II. So I think they are honest about not using it for any interview decision hahaSame, I did horribly on the SJT but still got an II. I doubt they are using it this cycle.
wishful_thinker9
New Member
Just got the interview WL email! Complete 7/14... there is hope again!
metricshadow12
Full Member
Any other 2/5 interviewees tweaking out about now?????? 🙂
SplashMamba
Full Member
So I filled out the post interview survey, but when I clicked the link in the email again, it allows be to submit the survey again. I think during the interview they mentioned that you need to complete the survey to move your application forward, but I wasn't sure if they are able to track this given that it allows me to complete the survey again. Is this the case for everyone else?
premedhopeful333
New Member
Has anyone who interviewed on 1/25 got any feedback yet??
D
deleted1051525
haven't heard anything yet either and interviewed on the same dateHas anyone who interviewed on 1/25 got any feedback yet??
I had my interview on 01/29 and I haven't heard anything.
If I interviewed early Feb for Davis, but when should I hear back? Thanks
metricshadow12
Full Member
they said 3-4 weeks, so i was hoping it would be this week (3rd week) but it seems like jan interviews hadn't heard yet so now im less hopeful:/If I interviewed early Feb for Davis, but when should I hear back? Thanks
Butteredbread
New Member
anyone have insights on how mdphd admissions will work? it's stated that decisions are dependent on both school of med and mdphd committee, latter of which won't release decisions until all applicants are interviewed. however could one potentially be admitted into som first (following the 3-4 week timeline) or do you think they would just waitlist until mdphd results are out?
Last edited:
premedhopeful333
New Member
WL **sighs** interviewed 1/29
Same fam, same. Last 4 weeks have been hell, now gotta wait another 2 months.... T.T
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This cycle is brutal... hoping we both hear good news soon fam <3. Good Luck to everyone still waiting to hear back or have their interview coming up.Same fam, same. Last 4 weeks have been hell, now gotta wait another 2 months.... T.T
metricshadow12
Full Member
That came today?WL **sighs** interviewed 1/29
This cycle is brutal... hoping we both hear good news soon fam <3. Good Luck to everyone still waiting to hear back or have their interview coming up.
+1 for WL. Hope we all make it through. I have no idea how their movement is though or how many people are on the WL.
metricshadow12
Full Member
what day did you interview?+1 for WL. Hope we all make it through. I have no idea how their movement is though or how many people are on the WL.
1/25what day did you interview?