2020-2021 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't have voided my SJT.... Did anyone who didn't take the SJT get an II? I grew up in the greater Sacramento area and have strong ties to Davis but nothing except silence so far 🙁
 
Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't have voided my SJT.... Did anyone who didn't take the SJT get an II? I grew up in the greater Sacramento area and have strong ties to Davis but nothing except silence so far 🙁
Yes. I got an interview and didn’t take the SJT. There’s still time though So don’t beat yourself up
 
Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't have voided my SJT.... Did anyone who didn't take the SJT get an II? I grew up in the greater Sacramento area and have strong ties to Davis but nothing except silence so far 🙁
I was accepted and did not take the SJT (I refused to succumb to yet another institutional barrier smh). I don’t think interviews will be over for another two months, so keep your head up!
 
I've been reaching out to current students and appear to be getting ghosted. Really struggling on how to get a sense of the culture at this school 😥
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone speak on the MMI interview here? Of course I know you can't go into detail but was it on the easier side or pretty difficult?
 
Can anyone speak on the MMI interview here? Of course I know you can't go into detail but was it on the easier side or pretty difficult?
I would say for me I was pretty nervous about it, but it was much smoother than I thought it would be. Don't be scared of it, embrace it as a way to show who you are and how you adapt to situations and you'll do fine! Practice with seeing both sides of issues, and look at example answers on google, I found those helpful.
 
I would say for me I was pretty nervous about it, but it was much smoother than I thought it would be. Don't be scared of it, embrace it as a way to show who you are and how you adapt to situations and you'll do fine! Practice with seeing both sides of issues, and look at example answers on google, I found those helpful.
Thanks for the input! How long after the interview do they let you know if you've been accepted?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The wait is always the hardest lol. I hope interviewing this late in the game isn't interviewing for a WL position. Did they say the class is full already?
No they didn't say anything about it haha, im feeling the same way tbh but I hear their waitlist has decent movement so as long as it's not an R theres still hope lol
 
So I filled out the post interview survey, but when I clicked the link in the email again, it allows be to submit the survey again. I think during the interview they mentioned that you need to complete the survey to move your application forward, but I wasn't sure if they are able to track this given that it allows me to complete the survey again. Is this the case for everyone else?
 
anyone have insights on how mdphd admissions will work? it's stated that decisions are dependent on both school of med and mdphd committee, latter of which won't release decisions until all applicants are interviewed. however could one potentially be admitted into som first (following the 3-4 week timeline) or do you think they would just waitlist until mdphd results are out?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad