2020-2021 UNC - Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if UNC is still sending out IIs? And has anyone heard of anyone receiving or received a pre II R?

Thanks @nontradmedic, appreciate the kind words. I have no idea what to expect. So I know good news usually go on Tuesdays but has anybody gotten good news with portal updates on any other day. This scares me.

+3 and I also interviewed the first week of January. My anxiety is through the roof rn
I have not seen anybody who interviewed in Jan post an acceptance on this sdn thread so if that makes you feel better. I'm also highly anxious and thought this was the week but I guess not.

Members don't see this ad :)
I do not believe there have been any post-II Rs yet so I feel like this is very great news for you all!!
Yeah I was thinking the same thing and also it's a Tuesday so doesn't that indicate good news because acceptances have gone out on Tuesday?

When did you interview if you don't mind?
@FutureMed2020 I only got a VITA interview on 2/4 which I completed. For some strange reason I never received a live II. Reached out and was told to watch for status updates. Right now it’s showing “awaiting decision”. I’m not stressing though, what will be will be.

@FutureMed2020 I only got a VITA interview on 2/4 which I completed. For some strange reason I never received a live II. Reached out and was told to watch for status updates. Right now it’s showing “awaiting decision”. I’m not stressing though, what will be will be.
That's really odd but hopefully they get back to you!

That's really odd but hopefully they get back to you
That's really odd but hopefully they get back to you!
Thanks I hope so too. And yes, it’s really bizarre. I always try to strike a good balance and tone in my interaction with admissions staff. They are human and it’s been a very difficult cycle for them too.

Reactions: 1 users
Aye! I also interviewed 11/9 and mine is still awaiting decision, so I think you might get some good news! Good luck!
Thanks for the good thoughts! We shall see. Its seems like it has been forever since we interviewed! Good luck and good thoughts to you too:)

+1 mine says decided now too. Must’ve changed some time later this afternoon because it still said awaiting decision earlier today. Interviewed 12/07.

Reactions: 1 user
For MSTP accepted applicants, do you guys see UNC on your Choose Your Medical School Tool? I don't see it for some reason.

Do y'all think there will be more weeks of acceptances? Just nervous because I'm an early Nov interviewee and I love UNC but my status still says awaiting 😩

Reactions: 4 users
Same here boys and girls, decided but not told what decision it is yet. I was thinking it was a waitlist from the drop down menu options but these comments are making me more optimistic. Let’s goooooooi 🚀
Edit: I'm hearing there is a day lag between portal updates and phone calls/emails. keep your eyes peeled and let us know!

Last edited:
Got it after emailing, R. Good luck all may your dreams come true.

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Did you find out the decision?
Sorry I didn’t respond. Was really hoping for good news but it turned out to be an R. 3rd time applicant. Was waitlisted last year. Improved my app significantly across the board. Nothing more I could’ve done. Still in dismay about this as I was dreaming of the moment I could’ve written a different post on here. But it is what it is. Good luck you guys.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 14 users
Sorry I didn’t respond. Was really hoping for good news but it turned out to be an R. 3rd time applicant. Was waitlisted last year. Improved my app significantly across the board. Nothing more I could’ve done. Still in dismay about this as I was dreaming of the moment I could’ve written a different post on here. But it is what it is. Good luck you guys.
From the bottom of my heart, I am truly saddened for you, esp with all your improvements. We are all eager to get news or any hint of it... and when we do, it is heart breaking for it to be bad news.

Last edited:
  • Care
Im really sorry I didn't mean to pressure you into posting. You are amazing and the definition of "if you want something, you fight for it." Thank you for sharing that with us and I really hope you hear some great news soon.

• Care
Just got the post-II R. Rough, but honestly my interview did not go too well so I'm not surprised at all. Interviewed in October. Good luck to everyone though!! Keep killing it!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Im really sorry I didn't mean to pressure you into posting. You are amazing and the definition of "if you want something, you fight for it." Thank you for sharing that with us and I really hope you hear some great news soon.
No no didn’t think you made me feel like that at all. It just prompted me to post because I knew that if someone else had gotten the R today, or was in my shoes, I’d want them to know someone understood how it felt, I can’t say how much I appreciate you all and the support you give. You’re all incredible. We’ll succeed one way or another.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Just got the post-II R. Rough, but honestly my interview did not go too well so I'm not surprised at all. Interviewed in October. Good luck to everyone though!! Keep killing it!
Did you have to check your portal or did they send an email too?? - and fingers crossed you hear good news from somewhere else!