-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 UNC - Chapel Hill
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I was complete on 8/5 🙂Congrats!!! Would you mind sharing when you were complete? 🙂
I heard my neighbors doing some home remodeling. That's about it.Has anyone heard anything recently?
We signed a document. Can't discuss it. You'll be fine. Just be nice to people.Scheduled mine for November 23rd. Anybody have any tips for the group portion?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone who works at UNC viewed my LinkedIn profile last night, hopefully this means that they're considering me for a II
strawberryflower
Full Member
yo do they really stalk linkedins?Someone who works at UNC viewed my LinkedIn profile last night, hopefully this means that they're considering me for a II
Look outside your window right now. You see that slight glare of the sun reflecting off the bushes a little ways away? That's an adcom watching you. They're always watching. That's why the decision process takes so long and secondaries cost so much! They hire PIs and everything. Some serious sleuth work.yo do they really stalk linkedins?
Apparently a decent amount of adcom members do a brief social media/google search when reviewing an applicantyo do they really stalk linkedins?
They might. I saw someone from NYU check my linkedin and I also got an II from there. Not sure if it was random or if they were an adcom.yo do they really stalk linkedins?
Don't freak out, but double check all orifices of your email. The invites always get sent out on Thursdays at 8am. The email will be from AMCAS, not UNC. Might even be from Pearson Vue.I got an invite three weeks ago and still no VITA email. Should I start freaking out?
You 100% should have the invite by now.
I have double checked a lot and I still don't see anything. AAMC said to talk to UNC. I emailed UNC and no response. I am really stressed about getting it done before the interview and I don't know if that is going to happen now.Don't freak out, but double check all orifices of your email. The invites always get sent out on Thursdays at 8am. The email will be from AMCAS, not UNC. Might even be from Pearson Vue.
You 100% should have the invite by now.
SPAM folder , promotions, everything? That's rough. But I did mine an hour after my interview. Someone else here did it 2 days after. You have time. Keep trying UNC. Call them during business hours.I have double checked a lot and I still don't see anything. AAMC said to talk to UNC. I emailed UNC and no response. I am really stressed about getting it done before the interview and I don't know if that is going to happen now.
They are also not answering the phone right now. I can't help but be afraid my invite was a mistake.SPAM folder , promotions, everything? That's rough. But I did mine an hour after my interview. Someone else here did it 2 days after. You have time. Keep trying UNC. Call them during business hours.
That's very much an unlikely version of events. They don't just send out IIs willy-nilly. Much more likely that you missed the email or something went wrong in the long chain of communication to AMCAS/Pearson.They are also not answering the phone right now. I can't help but be afraid my invite was a mistake.
You're right. This whole process is making me crazy. This is my only interview and I was not expecting it. I'm OOS and I was not complete until October.That's very much an unlikely version of events. They don't just send out IIs willy-nilly. Much more likely that you missed the email or something went wrong in the long chain of communication to AMCAS/Pearson.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You got this! Best of luck.You're right. This whole process is making me crazy. This is my only interview and I was not expecting it. I'm OOS and I was not complete until October.
Good Luck to you too!You got this! Best of luck.
I've emailed UNC twice now with no responseI have double checked a lot and I still don't see anything. AAMC said to talk to UNC. I emailed UNC and no response. I am really stressed about getting it done before the interview and I don't know if that is going to happen now.
Real_dreamerMD
Full Member
I haven't gotten the VITA email the past two weeks, also trying to contact the school lolI've emailed UNC twice now with no response
First day of class is August 2nd, with orientation likely in the week before thatWhen does school start once we’re all accepted? Mid July?
Bold of you to assume I will be accepted.When does school start once we’re all accepted? Mid July?
they sent out an email with the subject line “AAMC VITA Complete”Wait, weird question... how do I know that I successfully did VITA? Had a momentary panic wondering if I accidentally just did the practice.
I don't think we have that info. Seems very internal. But please let us know if anyone has heard something about that.I’m totally blanking- I can’t remember if this was mentioned already in the forum or during my interview day, but how often does the committee meet/around when in the month/what day of the week? Thanks!!
Might just be a slip of my mind and it was never mentioned. Admissions told us at my other two interviews so maybe I’m crazy and thought they released that info for UNC as well. But if anyone knows please let me know!I don't think we have that info. Seems very internal. But please let us know if anyone has heard something about that.
Last year, I think they met on Mondays but not sure about this yearMight just be a slip of my mind and it was never mentioned. Admissions told us at my other two interviews so maybe I’m crazy and thought they released that info for UNC as well. But if anyone knows please let me know!
lunarwater
Full Member
Just got Accepted Via Phone Call from my interviewer!!
IS, interviewed later September, LM 76, Reapp.
(She did say its only the second wave of acceptances, so many more are to come!)
IS, interviewed later September, LM 76, Reapp.
(She did say its only the second wave of acceptances, so many more are to come!)
huge congratulations!!!!Just got Accepted Via Phone Call from my interviewer!!
IS, interviewed later September, LM 76, Reapp.
(She did say its only the second wave of acceptances, so many more are to come!)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the second wave update!Just got Accepted Via Phone Call from my interviewer!!
IS, interviewed later September, LM 76, Reapp.
(She did say its only the second wave of acceptances, so many more are to come!)
purple_jpg
Full Member
Was accepted via phone call earlier this evening!!! OOS interviewed 9/21 ahhhhh!!!!
Has anyone who interviewed early October heard back yet?
strawberryflower
Full Member
I interviewed early october and was accepted yesterday! IS, LM 77, not a reapp. My interviewer called and said this is just the 2nd or 3rd wave of acceptances (she wasn't sure lol), so there is more to come!
Sorry, can you be specific as to which date in October your interview was?I interviewed early october and was accepted yesterday! IS, LM 77, not a reapp. My interviewer called and said this is just the 2nd or 3rd wave of acceptances (she wasn't sure lol), so there is more to come!
anyone else feeling nervous about their upcoming November interview? 🤢
Me! This is definitely a top choice and I hope I don't mess it upanyone else feeling nervous about their upcoming November interview? 🤢
I felt the same way when I had mine, I was about to hyperventilate when I turned Zoom on but everyone was soooo friendly and my interview was really enjoyable and laid back. The experience turned from panic attack to very inspiring. I’m sure you’ll do great!Me! This is definitely a top choice and I hope I don't mess it up![]()
Don't worry, dearest Sky Bison, anyone with such an awesome username must be an amazing person to talk to.Me! This is definitely a top choice and I hope I don't mess it up![]()
That's a negative, boss. Expect the schedule very last minute.Hi! Are we supposed to have access to our schedule on the interview portal before our actual interview day?
Just wondering what you mean by interview portal? When I log into my account, I don't see an interview tab or anything like that. Just want to make sure I am not missing anything! Thanks 🙂Hi! Are we supposed to have access to our schedule on the interview portal before our actual interview day?
I read on their website that they release all decisions (A, R, WL) in early April. Do they mean they could get back to us by April, or all decisions will come out then?
purple_jpg
Full Member
Decisions have started to come out since 10/16 it looks like and will continue to come on a rolling basisI read on their website that they release all decisions (A, R, WL) in early April. Do they mean they could get back to us by April, or all decisions will come out then?
dramanaut9518
Full Member
Has anyone had a post-II R yet?
Also shout out to my homies who interviewed on 10/13 - you guys hear anything yet?
Also shout out to my homies who interviewed on 10/13 - you guys hear anything yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, I interviewed on 10/08 and even I haven't heard anything yet.Has anyone had a post-II R yet?
Also shout out to my homies who interviewed on 10/13 - you guys hear anything yet?
also interviewed on 10/08 and nothing yetHey, I interviewed on 10/08 and even I haven't heard anything yet.
For those of you who interviewed, I just saw in the instructions for the interview. If i use my phone for the interview, would it interfere with my ability to partake in whatever they will be doing?
Slightly, yes. You could still do stuff, but it would be harder.For those of you who interviewed, I just saw in the instructions for the interview. If i use my phone for the interview, would it interfere with my ability to partake in whatever they will be doing?
Has anyone had a post-II R yet?
Also shout out to my homies who interviewed on 10/13 - you guys hear anything yet?
Nothing yet!