2020-2021 UNC - Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys I have an interview tomorrow, was it just one on one interviews?

No. There is a one on one interview and a group activity.

Members don't see this ad.

oh ok thank you, what was the group activity like if you’re allowed to say?

I don't want to get into specifics but it really wasn't stressful at all. I think it's designed just to see how you communicate and share ideas with others.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview today, and I have a quick question- I haven't yet fulfilled the statistics requirement but will be taking it this spring, and I was wondering if any of you know if the school, were I to be accepted, would send out an acceptance before I take the class or if they wouldn't be able to until I have received a final grade in Statistics this spring? Thanks!

I had my interview today, and I have a quick question- I haven't yet fulfilled the statistics requirement but will be taking it this spring, and I was wondering if any of you know if the school, were I to be accepted, would send out an acceptance before I take the class or if they wouldn't be able to until I have received a final grade in Statistics this spring? Thanks!

from what I know, most med schools will send you an acceptance and in that acceptance letter, they’ll say it’s contingent on you successfully completing whichever pre-req you need for them. I had the same question about an upper level bio and this is what my pre-health advisor said! Plus, you got an II already so I’m 99% sure this is what UNC would do:)

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
from what I know, most med schools will send you an acceptance and in that acceptance letter, they’ll say it’s contingent on you successfully completing whichever pre-req you need for them. I had the same question about an upper level bio and this is what my pre-health advisor said! Plus, you got an II already so I’m 99% sure this is what UNC would do:)
thank you!! :)

• Love
Does anyone know if reapplicants are reviewed first in terms of October acceptances? It seems from last year’s thread that most of the reported Acceptances in October were reapplicants

Has anyone heard anything from their MSTP program yet?
MSTP II yesterday, Complete 8/23, IS, 518, 3.7

There was an error on the invite response and they sent out an email to a list of what looked like 9 other people who received the same invitation.

Members don't see this ad :)
MSTP II yesterday, Complete 8/23, IS, 518, 3.7

There was an error on the invite response and they sent out an email to a list of what looked like 9 other people who received the same invitation.

good to know! Congrats on the II!

I just submitted my secondary now and am super concerned I'm too late... sigh wish me luck guys :(

I just submitted my secondary now and am super concerned I'm too late... sigh wish me luck guys :(
Don’t worry! This pandemic has slowed things down tremendously. I’m sure there will be more interviews. Stay positive

Reactions: 1 users
Holding out hope for news on 10/15, knowing everything's probably weeks behind in reality

Reactions: 6 users
I received a II on Friday, but I haven't yet been sent any info regarding VITA or anything like that? How long after receiving an II do you get that email? lol going nuts

I received a II on Friday, but I haven't yet been sent any info regarding VITA or anything like that? How long after receiving an II do you get that email? lol going nuts
VITA invite emails are only sent once per week (Thursday's??), I can't remember the day for sure, but you'll get it soon.

Omg II 6 mins ago! OOS so was truly unexpected because of their strong IS bias. LM 74, complete 8/22, first-gen, 5'6, allergic to the cold

Edit: Interview dates are mid November to early December

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Omg II 6 mins ago! OOS so was truly unexpected because of their strong IS bias. LM 74, complete 8/22, first-gen, 5'6, allergic to the cold

Edit: Interview dates are mid November to early December

Awesome!! All the best!

• Care
Any reapplicants who submitted secondaries mid-sept offered an interview yet?

Today is the day. At least I hope

Reactions: 9 users
Has anyone else gotten anything yet? for today?

• Sad
Their website says they send out first acceptances in December but I'm not sure if this is updated given the thread last year
They mentioned during my interview day that "earliest would be October 15th" but didn't commit to that day.

Reactions: 3 users
I read through last years forum last night for hours, felt like I was reading a suspenseful novel. From what I remember a lot of their acceptances were through the phone in the evening after 5 pm. May be different this year due to COVID however.

Their website says they send out first acceptances in December but I'm not sure if this is updated given the thread last year
No way that can be true. I refuse to accept that if I interviewed in early October, I have to wait THREE MONTHS to hear back. That's unacceptable.

No way that can be true. I refuse to accept that if I interviewed in early October, I have to wait THREE MONTHS to hear back. That's unacceptable.
I remember them saying they would try to send out the first results “on Oct 15 or within a couple of weeks of Oct 15” if I remember right. So I don’t think the December start date is accurate (hopefully) but I do know of other schools that do wait until December so it’s possible

I remember them saying they would try to send out the first results “on Oct 15 or within a couple of weeks of Oct 15” if I remember right. So I don’t think the December start date is accurate (hopefully) but I do know of other schools that do wait until December so it’s possible
I do recall something similar as well. They really start breaking in future physicians early. "We say jump and then we don't give you the treat until 3 months later."

Waiting until February 19th for Upitt to release admissions decisions ;)

There is a guy on last year’s thread who interviewed in September and didn’t hear anything until March. It’s unfortunate, but what can we do

• Wow
Lol, welcome to the wonderful world of med school admissions. Some schools don't give out acceptances until March 15th, regardless of when you interviewed.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
All October and November dates open!

sorry to say but-this does happen. I had a friend who interviewed last cycle around September and didn’t get their acceptance until like Late February if not early March. Maybe they were the outlier but it does happen just not sure why and they kept reaching out to the school to so uh idk if that helped or was just part of the process.