Jan 19, 2021
I know there seems to be no logic in the way people get reviewed and given decisions but this waiting is really killing me and idk what to think

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
About the Ads

theoddorre

2+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2018
Did any international students receive the "Financial Requirements for non-US Citizens" email and it shows "the University will require that you provide a total cost of education of $.00."? Pretty sure this is a typo as I have not been notified of any scholarship of financial aid awards, but just wondering.
I got one as their "welcome to financial aid" email

Nov 25, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Just got a missed call from St. Louis, dialed back, yes it was WASHU.....but the lady said she had no idea why I got a call. Please Lord just kill me now.

• Wow
  • Hmm
Reactions: 15 users
Feb 18, 2021
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Got an R last night at 9 pm, and woke up to another R. Someone really wanted to get the message across that I wasn't going to this school

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
About the Ads
May 22, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I sent a one-page letter of interest that fully described why I want to attend ~2 months ago.

I want to upgrade that to a letter of intent. Do you guys think I need to write a full update letter or can I just submit a short paragraph stating that I will commit to enroll if accepted?

May 18, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I sent a one-page letter of interest that fully described why I want to attend ~2 months ago.

I want to upgrade that to a letter of intent. Do you guys think I need to write a full update letter or can I just submit a short paragraph stating that I will commit to enroll if accepted?
Are you emailing admissions or uploading to the portal?

Oct 16, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Apologies for being away for so long - cardiopulm unit and immersions starting did a number on me. To answer a few questions I've seen commonly sent to me privately or here:

1) Upload letters to the portal AND send them to admissions. While one is usually enough, don't let it slip through the cracks
2) For thank you notes, send them to the person you're thanking (if possible) and CC admissions. Again, just covering your bases
3) People get off the waitlist at weird times. Some of my friends got in in May or June. It happens, but it's rare
4) We don't actually know how our clerkships are going to be graded and are talking with admin about that. They want us to have some input. From what I've heard, we do want to maintain a no-cutoff policy like y'all were discussing, but we also want to take actively affirmative steps to make sure that some of the traditional issues of subjective clerkship grading (namely, women and people of color being graded more harshly than white male colleagues) are being addressed. So while it might turn out to be an HH:H:p:F system, we aren't sure yet.

Congrats to everyone who got in, keep toughing it out for those waiting, and sorry to those who weren't accepted. Wishing all of y'all luck and happiness, and keep the questions coming!

Reactions: 3 users
Nov 25, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Apologies for being away for so long - cardiopulm unit and immersions starting did a number on me. To answer a few questions I've seen commonly sent to me privately or here:

1) Upload letters to the portal AND send them to admissions. While one is usually enough, don't let it slip through the cracks
2) For thank you notes, send them to the person you're thanking (if possible) and CC admissions. Again, just covering your bases
3) People get off the waitlist at weird times. Some of my friends got in in May or June. It happens, but it's rare
4) We don't actually know how our clerkships are going to be graded and are talking with admin about that. They want us to have some input. From what I've heard, we do want to maintain a no-cutoff policy like y'all were discussing, but we also want to take actively affirmative steps to make sure that some of the traditional issues of subjective clerkship grading (namely, women and people of color being graded more harshly than white male colleagues) are being addressed. So while it might turn out to be an HH:H:p:F system, we aren't sure yet.

Congrats to everyone who got in, keep toughing it out for those waiting, and sorry to those who weren't accepted. Wishing all of y'all luck and happiness, and keep the questions coming!
Thanks! Have most As gone out yet or is there a wave that typically happens in March?

Reactions: 5 users
Sep 26, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical

Thanks for all the info! How is the immersion? What are the expectations for you as a student?

Jan 19, 2021

I should email letters too?

About the Ads

iia

Jan 21, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
During the info sessions, I was told a “majority” of As will be released in March. Does that sentiment still hold, or has most already gone out?

Reactions: 1 users
Nov 25, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
What time do people usually hear back? I’ll be away from my phone for a few hours but I’ll be damned if I miss another call from St Louis.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads
Feb 23, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Got the Acceptance call about an hour ago!!! It was a 314 number, and the caller was one of my interviewers. Was pretty speechless on the phone and am still in disbelief. Interviewed mid-November.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Jul 11, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Okay, WashU, I interviewed in October, it makes no sense that you can't take action on my application at this point. If you want to look at the whole pool together, you should become non-rolling. If you want to accept some people early, you should do two or three waves like Vandy. This trickle of decisions from November to April with no rhyme or reason to it is ridiculous.

Jul 5, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I haven't gone super far back in last year's thread, but it looks like a similar trickle of As between the late fall and March 16th. On March 16th there were a few more As, many WLs, and a small number of rejections. But I'm not sure if March 15th/16th will have the same significance this year given all the delays.

Edit: Went farther forward in the thread, and the first reported acceptance off the WL was May 7th. Sounds like many of us will be in for a long haul.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
It isn't just the wait that's killing me, it's the wait + WLs at good schools that are slowly making me lose hope of a potential A here :'( good luck to everyone though, we've all worked hard and will make it to where we want to be one way or another!

• Sad
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.