Jul 5, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Ugh. For me it's the wait plus the only other A I have (which I am eternally grateful for) is at a school with a White Coat Ceremony on the same day I'm officiating my best friend's wedding...and also that WashU is my dream school. F*ck me, this is brutal.
Agreed. It’s just hard to believe that we won’t even know if we’re WLed for another 5 weeks. Would be a lot less draining if I knew that I would have some information before then.

Sep 26, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Agreed. It’s just hard to believe that we won’t even know if we’re WLed for another 5 weeks. Would be a lot less draining if I knew that I would have some information before then.
Couldn't agree more. Thank you for digging up that info from last year's thread!

iia

Jan 21, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical

I thought they would let everyone know mid-March. No?

About the Ads
Apr 14, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
@bignervousenergy : congrats!!

did anyone (A or haven't heard yet) feel like they didn't do amazing on their live interview? don't think i did awful but definitely not that great

• Care
Reactions: 2 users

spottedcory

2+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2018
@bignervousenergy : congrats!!

did anyone (A or haven't heard yet) feel like they didn't do amazing on their live interview? don't think i did awful but definitely not that great
I def got grilled and I feel like my interviewer did not like me. (I feel like this was just a difficult interview, not a stress test). So I've given up here haha.

Reactions: 4 users
About the Ads
Jul 5, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Aaand it's before noon on a Monday and I've already been played by spam calls from New York and Florida.

About the Ads
Feb 8, 2021
Can someone please tell me what technical challenges you had during the interview using Kira Talent? Did you simply use their chat bot to tell them what is wrong? How was the technical issue fixed?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
May 18, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Can someone please tell me what technical challenges you had during the interview using Kira Talent? Did you simply use their chat bot to tell them what is wrong? How was the technical issue fixed?
I think I had an issue in the set-up page when I had adblock on, otherwise no issues on my end

Sep 26, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Got the A call earlier today :), interviewed in Nov
Holy smokes you got the call on a Monday?! Calls aren't exclusive to Thursday-Sunday?!

unlimited no limit GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
About the Ads
Jul 5, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I never interviewed for Progressive but they are interested in insuring my car.
Oh, and I interviewed at WashU early in the season I guess. Not much mutual interest from that. :(

Do you recommend sending a letter of intent to Progressive by mail or electronically? Thinking of rescinding my offer from Geico

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users
Feb 27, 2021
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
This wait is really tough. I feel a lot of us probably got into other schools but are still thinking WashU is maybe a possibility. Like on dating apps I have to say "well, I'm probably staying here for med school, but I might also randomly move to St. Louis."

Reactions: 12 users
Jun 23, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Does anyone know when the scholarship committee meets/ if more scholarships were sent after the last A wave?

Reactions: 1 users
Jan 5, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Another Thursday has arrived, best of luck to everyone
I should know better than to question the GOAT, but you think people will hear back today? I saw a few A’s reported last week and seems like they’re meeting every 2 weeks just based on SDN updates.

Fingers crossed I’m wrong, or they’re meeting more often now that it’s March! The wait has been painful for sure and hope more of us receive good news soon :nailbiting:

Reactions: 1 user
Aug 2, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I should know better than to question the GOAT, but you think people will hear back today? I saw a few A’s reported last week and seems like they’re meeting every 2 weeks just based on SDN updates.

Fingers crossed I’m wrong, or they’re meeting more often now that it’s March! The wait has been painful for sure and hope more of us receive good news soon :nailbiting:
It sort of seemed like the scholarship committee and admissions committee alternate weeks. As interviews have concluded, I would expect decisions to ramp up... Do we expect A's to trickle in through the end of the month and the rest us to be hit by WL/R around 4/1?

Lifeblood_20

SDN Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
You don't know how many times I had a mini heart attack from those. Now I'm worried that I will instinctively mute a potential actual A.
Got a call from WashU. It was their donation center asking me for money
But what does it mean if I am not getting those calls?? Is there still hope??? 😭
(jk I'm assuming you guys are alumni or something)

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 9, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
But what does it mean if I am not getting those calls?? Is there still hope??? 😭
(jk I'm assuming you guys are alumni or something)
Haha yeah I am an alum and I'm guessing @penguins2727 is as well. I know you're joking but also I know if people here are as neurotic as I am, I know confirming it will make you feel better 😂

• Care
Oct 9, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
so are the initial round of A's done?
Even though I’ve pretty much resigned myself to the waitlist fate or worse, I’m pretty sure a good number of A’s have yet to go out (maybe 50-100ish?) based on past comments in this thread!

Reactions: 3 users
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.