About the Ads
Jul 5, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Interviewed in Sept, just uploaded a LOI. At least I can say that it's beyond my control now 😬

Reactions: 3 users

RNARNARNA

2+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
What do y'all think about the new changes to the curriculum?

I'm a huge fan of shorter preclin (16 month in this case), but I'm a bit uncertain of how we'd be guinea-pigging it as cohort #2 with this curriculum. Is it condensed (same material squished in shorter time) or reduced (cut out useless stuff)?

Reactions: 1 user
Apr 29, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
What do y'all think about the new changes to the curriculum?

I'm a huge fan of shorter preclin (16 month in this case), but I'm a bit uncertain of how we'd be guinea-pigging it as cohort #2 with this curriculum. Is it condensed (same material squished in shorter time) or reduced (cut out useless stuff)?
Aren’t we cohort 1? I thought they pushed back the start date of the new curriculum for a year cause of covid. Or am I mistaken? Cause in all the Why WashU wednesdays students say that our curriculum will be different than theirs. (I say “our” as if I already have the A ~ I don’t 😭)

RNARNARNA

2+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
Aren’t we cohort 1? I thought they pushed back the start date of the new curriculum for a year cause of covid. Or am I mistaken? Cause in all the Why WashU wednesdays students say that our curriculum will be different than theirs. (I say “our” as if I already have the A ~ I don’t 😭)
My buddy is a current M1 there and she said they're the first cohort on this new curriculum.

Reactions: 2 users

LeanNLearn

MD Cycle | URM 1°/2°: 19 | II: 13 | A: 10 | WL: 0
Jun 21, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Got the call today. Interviewed 10/15/2020. URM, OOS.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 16 users
About the Ads
Jun 7, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
My buddy is a current M1 there and she said they're the first cohort on this new curriculum.
The first cohort in the Gateway curriculum started in 2020 (current M1s). We will be the second cohort. If you heard the start was pushed back, they were referring to pushing the first day of class back from July to September the same year. I think that pattern would continue with us...?

Sep 26, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
The first cohort in the Gateway curriculum started in 2020 (current M1s). We will be the second cohort. If you heard the start was pushed back, they were referring to pushing the first day of class back from July to September the same year. I think that pattern would continue with us...?
Yep! According to the "Important Dates" page, the class entering 2021 will have a start date of Sept. 7th for orientation and Sept. 13th for the first day of classes.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Aug 2, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Just did my Kira and forgot to turn off text notifications so one of my answers has a fat "ding" sound go off in the middle of it, and I think I definitely looked rattled for the rest of my answer too. Can't believe I did that, RIP my chances here lol

• Wow
About the Ads
Dec 11, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Out of curiosity, had you completed your finaid forms at that time?
Nope, but also the scholarship I was referring to were the merit-based ones. Finaid forms won't play into those. No idea what the turnaround time will be on finaid packages.

Dec 11, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Is it worth sending a LOI asking for admission/full tuition. I interviewed here in December and liked the school a lot, but haven’t heard back yet- and would totally go if tuition was coveted
Sending a LOI probably has some value, but I think you should rethink what you'd be doing in that letter. You don't "ask" for admission and you don't even bring up scholarships, especially before you're admitted. They know almost any student would attend if given a full tuition scholarship (unless they got a comparable offer at a similar school). Instead, you want to provide detailed and insightful reasons why WashU is your top choice and why you'd fit in well. There are lots of articles on how to write LOI's on SDN and elsewhere, I'd start there.

May 18, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Sending a LOI probably has some value, but I think you should rethink what you'd be doing in that letter. You don't "ask" for admission and you don't even bring up scholarships, especially before you're admitted. They know almost any student would attend if given a full tuition scholarship (unless they got a comparable offer at a similar school). Instead, you want to provide detailed and insightful reasons why WashU is your top choice and why you'd fit in well. There are lots of articles on how to write LOI's on SDN and elsewhere, I'd start there.
Thank you for the insight I’ll try and find a sample!

Jul 5, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Is there any consensus on how frequently the adcom meets? At one point I thought it was every 2 weeks, but now it seems like people get accepted every week.

Orims

7+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Congrats on all the scholarships! Glad to know that WashU has great merit aid!

Reactions: 3 users

theoddorre

2+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2018
lmao called my mom and she said "so that means that some people got a FULL tuition scholarship" can't ever please her

• Haha
  • Okay...
Reactions: 22 users
About the Ads

Orims

7+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Just received the acceptance email. If you got a call last week you should get the email soon.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Dec 17, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Omggggg they REALLY might call at any time of the day: here I am, past 9:30pm, sipping’ tea, rockin’ gray sweatpants, plopped on the couch watching old Survivor episodes when suddenly Dean Ratts calls me with the news of a half tuition merit scholarship!! 😭😭❤️❤️❤️

She apologized for the late time and said the scholarship committee just met so hopefully there will be more to come soon, guys!! 🤞😊

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Dec 15, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
  2. Pre-Podiatry
Does Wash U give out II to people with below-average scores out of pity or do they actually want to interview me? I had an interview last week that went really well but my MCAT is not really within their range but my GPA is (LizzeM score 70) Knowing how they are stat hoarders I am wondering if other people had similar experiences because I almost feel I have no real shot.

Last edited:

Orims

7+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Does Wash U give out II to people with below-average scores out of pity or do they actually want to interview me? I had an interview last week that went really well but my MCAT is not really within their range but my GPA is (LizzeM score 70) Knowing how they are stat hoarders I am wondering if other people had similar experiences because I almost feel I have no real shot.
My MCAT is below their 10 percentile and I got accepted. LM of 71 here. I don't think they give "pity" IIs.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Nov 25, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Dear God, please let today be the day we get another round of A's. Yours truly, Feb interviewee.

Reactions: 4 users
Jun 23, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Are interviews done? I have nothing but radio silence since my submission and assessing whether it's worth sending a late update

Aug 2, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Are interviews done? I have nothing but radio silence since my submission and assessing whether it's worth sending a late update
I interviewed here this week. Based on the information session dates that were available to sign up for, it seemed like it may have been the final week for interviews. That being said, they stated they hope to make initial decisions for all interviewees (A/WL/R) by April 1st. So that date tells me there potentially still is time. I would say shoot your shot.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.