2020-2021 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Also got the call a little bit ago! Late September interview, so I had really given up hope! I know it's tough seeing other people get the call, but it's not over yet!!

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Also got the call a little bit ago! Late September interview, so I had really given up hope! I know it's tough seeing other people get the call, but it's not over yet!!
Congrats! I interviewed at the same time so I'm glad to hear that we are still under consideration!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! I interviewed at the same time so I'm glad to hear that we are still under consideration!
I was not expecting it so late, but I guess at this point they have everyone who has interviewed and can look at them all. The person who called (I genuinely don’t remember who it was) said they had just gotten out of their meeting, similar to what has been said before.

Reactions: 1 users
Received a scholarship offer from my state school today, so now I'm pretty much made peace with a WashU rejection (for the next 45 minutes at least). Happy Friday!

• Care
Reactions: 16 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my financial aid package on NetPartner about need-based aid. Has anyone heard recently about merit aid? Got the acceptance 4 weeks ago and haven't heard anyone get merit aid yet from that time frame, so I'm not sure if the need-based package factored in a merit aid of nothing, or if they haven't made those decisions yet.

Just got my financial aid package on NetPartner about need-based aid. Has anyone heard recently about merit aid? Got the acceptance 4 weeks ago and haven't heard anyone get merit aid yet from that time frame, so I'm not sure if the need-based package factored in a merit aid of nothing, or if they haven't made those decisions yet.
I got in 2 weeks ago and got my merit scholarship offer today!

I’d love to be proven wrong, but based on last years thread I’m not sure we can expect more than a few WL acceptances after April 1st. The class size was apparently reduced to 100 last year, so I suppose that explains it.

I’d love to be proven wrong, but based on last years thread I’m not sure we can expect more than a few WL acceptances after April 1st. The class size was apparently reduced to 100 last year, so I suppose that explains it.
I'm inclined to agree simply to put an end to this constant cycle of hope followed by despair. However, considering the implications COVID has had on the application cycle, I'm also inclined to think there may be more WL movement than in normal years. What do you think?

You reckon all As are done?

You reckon all As are done?
Sorry, I should’ve clarified - I believe there are definitely As left to go out between now and April 1st(?) or 15th (whichever day they said decisions would be announced). As far as how many, I have no clue but I can’t help but think it will be a small number.

My main point was that only 1 person reported getting in off the WL in last year’s thread, presumably related to a reduction in class size, so once the preliminary As are finished we may be basically done.

Again, this is ultimately just pessimistic speculation on my end haha.

I think I might mentally combust if it takes another two weeks for the next round of decisions to come out...

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I think I might mentally combust if it takes another two weeks for the next round of decisions to come out...
I'm just trying to mentally commit to the notion that I'm either WL'ed or R'ed but this little ray of hope keeps forcing itself forward and it's so exhausting.

Reactions: 5 users
Yoloed a letter of interest but it might be too late RIP

• Care
Does anyone know when WashU's second look is? They have to give us some kind of a decision before then, right?

Oh man I can’t believe it but I just got the A call!

• Love
Reactions: 25 users
Oh man I can’t believe it but I just got the A call!
No way!! A huge congratulations!!
Giving us early interviewees a little bit of hope haha. Did you send a Letter of Intent?

Reactions: 1 user
No way!! A huge congratulations!!
Giving us early interviewees a little bit of hope haha. Did you send a Letter of Intent?
Thanks! Yeah, I uploaded a LOI in very late Feb and emailed the adcom to confirm that it was received.

Reactions: 3 users
Got the A call yesterday and email today!! edit: November interview

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
congrats to all those accepted recently! I guess that may be it for the rest of us then? :(

Just called the admissions committee. Said they’re still sending out a few A’s but they’re usually done sending majority of A’s at this point. Not impossible but chances are definitely low atm.

• Sad
Reactions: 15 users