2020-2021 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Neurotic but does anyone know what the play sign vs check of the interview status means? does it mean your interviewer submitted their stuff if its a check?
Pretty sure "play" means they are ready and waiting to start, whereas a check means they completed the interview and perhaps submitted their feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty sure "play" means they are ready and waiting to start, whereas a check means they completed the interview and perhaps submitted their feedback.

To clarify I had my interview a few weeks ago and one of the interviewers still has the start interview and play sign :/

@zorcandpals I want you to get in because of the excellent reference in your PFP and name :)

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do I have to call them to schedule for an interview? I ain't seeing nothing on the scheduling.

Do I have to call them to schedule for an interview? I ain't seeing nothing on the scheduling.

If you got the II today I'd give it a day or 2 and it might just pop up. I'd call if its been a while already.

I had to refresh the page 5+ times throughout the day before I finally saw available days between 11-20 NOV. That was on Monday.

I called the admissions office to schedule but I think you can also send an email as well. I was able to choose my preferred time between 11/9 and 11/20.

Yeah, I don't think it would be an issue. If you have a polo or sweater that should be fine too. These aren't part of the formal interview process afaik

could someone clarify whether MSTP interviews have this async portion, or that's an MD-only thing?

Interviewing tomorrow, but I haven't gotten any Why WashU Wednesday emails.Am I supposed to be getting them after II or after interview?

Interviewing tomorrow, but I haven't gotten any Why WashU Wednesday emails.Am I supposed to be getting them after II or after interview?

From what I can remember it wasn't until after I interviewed but not 100% sure. Either way I wouldn't worry about it, you've already got the II :)

I didnt get them until after interviewing which is kind of annoying because theres probably useful information in it for preparing for the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didnt get them until after interviewing which is kind of annoying because theres probably useful information in it for preparing for the interview.
There isn't really, tbh. It's really just asking students questions lol

Is Kira like VITA in the 2 min prep 3 min talk? Concerned because I hear the practice times aren't representative

@neurosabre

Neurotic post but one of my interviewers sent me their email via zoom which is how I sent their thank you letter. The other said I could contact them with any more questions, but I don’t know their email. While I want to thank them, I feel weird internet stalking a doctor for their email; especially a medical school Adcom.

Is it gonna seem rude if I don’t send one interviewer a thank you letter? Or can I just email it to admissions? Thanks

@neurosabre

Neurotic post but one of my interviewers sent me their email via zoom which is how I sent their thank you letter. The other said I could contact them with any more questions, but I don’t know their email. While I want to thank them, I feel weird internet stalking a doctor for their email; especially a medical school Adcom.

Is it gonna seem rude if I don’t send one interviewer a thank you letter? Or can I just email it to admissions? Thanks
I asked the admissions office this. They said they actually prefer you to send your letters through admissions so they can be added to your file.

If I already personally emailed my interviewers (thank you emails) should I also upload to the portal? even though my interview was about 10 days ago? or is it too late

If I already personally emailed my interviewers (thank you emails) should I also upload to the portal? even though my interview was about 10 days ago? or is it too late

I'd go ahead and do it so it's attached to your official file! Better later than never in my opinion.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
This is sorta a stupid question, but for those of you who already attended Eventbrites events, where do we find the Zoom link to join? Will they email us a link the day before the event or sth? Cuz after I registered I didn't receive anything in my email and I see nothing on Eventbrites

Regarding the questions about thank you notes, definitely send them directly to admissions, as @accioMD! found out. It's not a bad idea to send them directly to your interviewer and CC admissions if possible.

If you do end up sending in a letter of update, interest, and/or intent, upload it to your portal AND send it to admissions just to let them know that it's in there. They're pretty good about checking the portal, but it never hurts!

Do you send multiple separate updates to your portal or thank both interviewers in the same update?

No II yet, do you guys think its a good idea to send an update letter with my increased extracurricular hours? Just to bolster what is probably a weak part of my app. I'm also publishing a novel soon and could include that in the letter as well.

Regarding the questions about thank you notes, definitely send them directly to admissions, as @accioMD! found out. It's not a bad idea to send them directly to your interviewer and CC admissions if possible.

If you do end up sending in a letter of update, interest, and/or intent, upload it to your portal AND send it to admissions just to let them know that it's in there. They're pretty good about checking the portal, but it never hurts!
Thank you! You have been so helpful to all of us, really appreciate it!!

If we're only doing two interviews, why are they telling us to empty out the entire day?

If we're only doing two interviews, why are they telling us to empty out the entire day?
Probably because you don't know the times of the interviews until right before it. But once you know the time, you can do whatever. Tbh WashU has done this process better than any other school I've interviewed at (minus the SVI).

does it say "application has been processed" for anybody else on the portal but received no news...?
Yes, but I believe this message shows up as soon as you complete your secondary and it's just confirmation that your application is complete.

Just got an interview invite! so excited especially since I submitted so late :')

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Just got an interview invite! so excited especially since I submitted so late :')
This was my worry too!! Although I still submitted within the "within 2 weeks of receiving the secondary invite" unofficial rule, I didn't see it for over a week because it went to junk mail! :( Plus for all the other schools I had completed secondaries from until then, I was super early, like first 2 days early, and I thought other schools were also like that. But, I really do think WashU really does look through for applications they like and people they think will like it there (I hope that was the case for mine at least) rather than looking at when they submitted.

• Love
Is Wash U pass/fail for all four years with the new curriculum? Or for phase one at least?

Is Wash U pass/fail for all four years with the new curriculum? Or for phase one at least?

IIRC PF for phase 1; graded on H/HP/P/F once you start getting in to clinicals

I'm looking at the assigned interviews I have. One person is 30 min the other is 45 min. Is there a diff between the two formats of the interview (i read on their website they do one open one closed but unsure if that's still a thing)?

yea the longer interview is open file, the shorter interview is closed file

I'm looking at the assigned interviews I have. One person is 30 min the other is 45 min. Is there a diff between the two formats of the interview (i read on their website they do one open one closed but unsure if that's still a thing)?
The 45 minute interview is open file, the 30 minute is closed file.

Would you guys recommend sending an update letter (change in my gap year plan and one publication) after the interview or asap? I sent my letters right after interviews for other schools as most of them only allowed updates within a set time period after the interview. My WUSM interview is on next Tuesday so not sure if I send them now, it'll be helpful for my interview with an adcom member (open file interview).

Would you guys recommend sending an update letter (change in my gap year plan and one publication) after the interview or asap? I sent my letters right after interviews for other schools as most of them only allowed updates within a set time period after the interview. My WUSM interview is on next Tuesday so not sure if I send them now, it'll be helpful for my interview with an adcom member (open file interview).
It probably doesn't matter when (this is great news no matter when they get it), but I do think if you choose after your interview, it'd probably be better to do it within a couple of days so it'll make it to your file before they make an admissions decision. Congrats on the pub!

When did you find out your exact interview schedule? Trying to put in my request to take time off work lol

@neurosabre Thank you for being here and providing advice! I want to thank my interviewers but have a legit question for one of them as well, I'm curious if I should follow this up separately or include all of this in the email and copy admissions too? Also, this is total neuroticism but are thank yous typically just an email or should it be like a formal pdf attachment to an email?

ty!!

Has a registration link for this upcoming Why Washu Wednesday session been sent?

• Dislike