2021-2022 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else get the scholarship info email? How do I sign in with a "One.IU" ID? I don't remember getting that info
yeah I also got that email, I don't think that we will receive any of the login/anything until some time next year?

Was also confused because I would love to receive a scholarship but have no way of accessing it haha

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Lol R. Gonna be a tough cycle. LM 67.5 ORM.

• Care
Lol R. Gonna be a tough cycle. LM 67.5 ORM.

I’m sorry buddy. Keep your head up. One of my friends got their only II in Feb last cycle and their A in March! There’s still lots of time!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m sorry buddy. Keep your head up. One of my friends got their only II in Feb last cycle and their A in March! There’s still lots of time!
Thank you so much bro. Appreciate it.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Thank you so much bro. Gives hope.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Anybody know how long it takes after a II to get a date? All my stuff on the portal has been checked off for about a week now... II in early November

Anybody know how long it takes after a II to get a date? All my stuff on the portal has been checked off for about a week now... II in early November
it's gonna take 2 months. lol

• Haha
I got an interview on the first week of nov... all stuff checked off after 1 week and still no interview date

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview on the first week of nov... all stuff checked off after 1 week and still no interview date
It took me a good 2 and a half months to get my date that is 4 months after my original II. Patience is key lol

Hopefully those of us who interviewed in November hear back this month

Reactions: 3 users
So it seems like IU has transitioned from virtual acceptance emails on the 15th to physical mail acceptance packets that get mailed ON the 15th (and thus arrive a few days later with emails following about a week later). Tbh that's kind of strange they would make this change without letting the applicants know...

So it seems like IU has transitioned from virtual acceptance emails on the 15th to physical mail acceptance packets that get mailed ON the 15th (and thus arrive a few days later with emails following about a week later). Tbh that's kind of strange they would make this change without letting the applicants know...
What makes you think it was a change? It just appears it was a unclear process from the beginning for everyone. But, hey, get used to it. Compared to the myriad gov't healthcare regulations, health system bureaucracies & EMR system complexities, this is nothing.

• Dislike
  • Hmm
What makes you think it was a change? It just appears it was a unclear process from the beginning for everyone. But, hey, get used to it. Compared to the myriad gov't healthcare regulations, health system bureaucracies & EMR system complexities, this is nothing.
Umm... okay? Not quite sure what you thought I was trying to articulate but you're not wrong I guess, but that's an awfully strange way to put it.

The reason I'm remarking on it to begin with is because IU's website still says that decision notifications are sent out on the 15th of each month. Now, you're correct, they don't specify whether these notifications are electronic or physical, but they were electronic last cycle. Meaning, people who were accepted were notified on the 15th of each month because email is, well, instantaneous.

I just think it's kind of strange they would suddenly switch back to physical mail (which evidently is sent out on the 15th of each month, meaning applicants don't find until days, sometimes weeks, later) without so much as a peep to applicants when acceptances have been communicated through email the past couple of years- no need to read too much into it and turn it into a doom and gloom about how our health system is failing as a whole.

Umm... okay? Not quite sure what you thought I was trying to articulate but you're not wrong I guess, but that's an awfully strange way to put it.

The reason I'm remarking on it to begin with is because IU's website still says that decision notifications are sent out on the 15th of each month. Now, you're correct, they don't specify whether these notifications are electronic or physical, but they were electronic last cycle. Meaning, people who were accepted were notified on the 15th of each month because email is, well, instantaneous.

I just think it's kind of strange they would suddenly switch back to physical mail (which evidently is sent out on the 15th of each month, meaning applicants don't find until days, sometimes weeks, later) without so much as a peep to applicants when acceptances have been communicated through email the past couple of years- no need to read too much into it and turn it into a doom and gloom about how our health system is failing as a whole.
In the recent past, they sent an email and also sent a snail-mail packet. Earlier in this thread, people asked if they should mail the forms back in addition to electronically affirming their acceptance. Well, apparently the physical forms were required to be mailed back (or, at least, digitally signed and emailed) and if you didn't, you where sent an email to "remind" you, as if you knew you needed to. So, I don't think there was a change except maybe they don't email people now and only mail the packet, which would eliminate this confusion?

It looks like in October, applicants were emailed albeit a few days after the 15. November seemed to just be strange with some people getting a physical letter then getting an email. I guess we’ll see what December brings lol!

It looks like in October, applicants were emailed albeit a few days after the 15. November seemed to just be strange with some people getting a physical letter then getting an email. I guess we’ll see what December brings lol!
I know a few people who found out via email a few days after the 15th in November.

Was anyone else interviewed by a panel? I had 3 interviewers.

Tomorrow is the 15th….hopefully we hear something

Reactions: 6 users
When time do decisions usually come out?
Based on the posts from last month, the admissions committee met today to discuss decisions. Then they mail out the acceptances by paper mail and that should reach the recipient within a few days. And we would also receive an email if we are accepted within the week

Based on the posts from last month, the admissions committee met today to discuss decisions. Then they mail out the acceptances by paper mail and that should reach the recipient within a few days. And we would also receive an email if we are accepted within the week
pick me admissions committee:D

Hmmm maybe MD/PhD committee is different. Has anyone from regular MD heard back?
I haven't. I know a decent number of folks who interviewed in October who are still waiting and have not heard back either. The next few days should be eventful though!

I haven't. I know a decent number of folks who interviewed in October who are still waiting and have not heard back either. The next few days should be eventful though!
I interviewed on November 3rd so I am holding out hope! Good luck to you.

Your mail already ran for today?!
If you want to know what’s in your mail before it comes, you can sign up for USPS Informed Delivery. They will email you every morning of what to expect in your mail. Very helpful for the neurotic premed anticipating good news!