2021-2022 Indiana

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if the financial aid presentation also talks about the school and the different campuses? Or does it only discuss finance related topics?
 
Also someone correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t IU’s admissions office functionally non-operational throughout all of December (no II, no A, etc.)?
 
Also someone correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t IU’s admissions office functionally non-operational throughout all of December (no II, no A, etc.)?
That might explain my interview date. I was sent II early Sept. and they finally gave me a date and it was early Jan.
 
Is it possible that those of us who interviewed on 11/3 could hear back on the 15th? I already got the email that my application was ready to go before the admissions committee a few days ago.
 
Is it possible that those of us who interviewed on 11/3 could hear back on the 15th? I already got the email that my application was ready to go before the admissions committee a few days ago.
I think I recall reading that the admissions committee meets once per month, at the end of the month. So its unlikely they'll review your completed file until the end of November. I could be wrong though.
 
I interviewed on 9/1 and haven’t received any updates or decisions. Starting to get anxious :/
I interviewed October 6th and got an email saying my application was now complete and ready to go before the admissions committee, on October 11th. Hoping to hear something on Monday!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed on 11/3 and still have not received an email acknowledging that they are processing my application. How long after interview did others receive this email and what exactly did it contain?
 
Interviewed on 11/3 and still have not received the email stating that my application is under review by the committee. How long after interviews did people receive this and what exactly did it say?
 
Interviewed on 11/3 and still have not received the email stating that my application is under review by the committee. How long after interviews did people receive this and what exactly did it say?
within a week. and it basically said that, "my application is under review by the committee thank u" lol
 
Interviewed on 11/3 and still have not received the email stating that my application is under review by the committee. How long after interviews did people receive this and what exactly did it say?
I interviewed the same day and got mine on November 8th. It says "Your application is now under consideration and ready to go before the Admissions Committee. All applicants will receive a final decision by June."
 
When i called the admissions office, they told me the committee meets on the 15th of each month to go over candidates that were interviewed the month before. Then, they send out acceptances and such a few days later. Soo... unlikely we hear back today.
I remember them specifically saying (and I believe it was in their interview packet as well) that they notify applicants on October 15th and the 15th of every month thereafter. Maybe it has changed since then.
 
I remember them specifically saying (and I believe it was in their interview packet as well) that they notify applicants on October 15th and the 15th of every month thereafter. Maybe it has changed since then.
this is definitely what I thought was the case, but I guess it has changed, idk
 
I got an ii way back in late sept and I still haven't heard from Indiana yet. Should I be concerned? Should I keep waiting?
I received my II on 07/26 and received an actual date on 08/24 for 10/06 (so approx 1 month between II and date received. I was given date about 6 weeks before interview date). I would make sure you have submitted everything and if so, maybe give them a call to make sure that they have everything. I've heard that they send out an actual date about 4-6 weeks prior to the actual interview. Mine was a day over 6 weeks. Hope this helps.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received my II on 07/26 and received an actual date on 08/24 for 10/06 (so approx 1 month between II and date received. I was given date about 6 weeks before interview date). I would make sure you have submitted everything and if so, maybe give them a call to make sure that they have everything. I've heard that they send out an actual date about 4-6 weeks prior to the actual interview. Mine was a day over 6 weeks. Hope this helps.
Thank you! I think since u received ur ii early in the cycle, they were Able to get back to you in a month or so. Hopefully, they will get back to me within the new few weeks 😂😂
 
Just to give a little info for those of you hoping to hear back today! I was very fortunate to receive an acceptance last month for regular decision. I received an email on 10/20 that said "We are so pleased that you have been accepted" which I thought was odd wording for an acceptance email. But then a few days later I received an actual acceptance letter in the mail that was dated for 10/15. So I think that they're sending out acceptance letters on the 15th of each month but it might take a week or so to actually get to you! I think the email they send is meant to come after you get the letter, it just takes forever! I hope this helps!!
 
Couple things I've noticed-

1) There seems to be a lack of consensus on when exactly the admissions committee meets to evaluate applications. I've seen some posts saying they only meet once a month at the conclusion of each month and others saying they meet multiple times a month. Not sure which one it is myself, and I assume no one here knows which one it is, but I suppose it doesn't really matter either way.

2) They seem to be straying away from the 15th of each month notification (unless they're still planning on sending an A wave today and it hasn't happened yet) and going more towards the 20th of each month. Same thing happened towards the end of last cycle, and the last batch of acceptances were sent out on October 19th/20th if I'm not mistaken.

Not really consequential in any way, just observations.
 
Howdy All,

I've been lucky enough receive an acceptance from IUSM already. I always enjoyed having a Discord server during my undergrad courses and would love to keep that going into med school. It's a great way to navigate the bureaucratic maze and commiserate in an anonymous way.

PM me for the link because I'm not sure I can post it here. See some of you next year!
 
Howdy All,

I've been lucky enough receive an acceptance from IUSM already. I always enjoyed having a Discord server during my undergrad courses and would love to keep that going into med school. It's a great way to navigate the bureaucratic maze and commiserate in an anonymous way.

PM me for the link because I'm not sure I can post it here. See some of you next year!
How soon after your interview did you receive your acceptance ?
 
Hi! I have an interview date but haven’t received an itinerary or additional details yet on how the day is structured. I am sure I’ll receive that beforehand, but I have an appointment scheduled later on my interview day that I’ve had schedule for awhile… can anyone share how long the interview day was, especially if you had a second interview to interview for UMP (or similar program)?
 
Are they only sending out post-interview acceptances rn or has anyone received post-interview hold or rejection? Interviewed 9/1 and haven’t heard anything
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone from the November 10th interview batch gotten an email saying that their application has gone in front of an adcom yet?