2021-2022 Indiana

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Does anyone know if interviewees from 10/13 would receive an acceptance this month or would it be more likely next month? Anyone from this interview date receive an acceptance yet?
 
Does anyone know if interviewees from 10/13 would receive an acceptance this month or would it be more likely next month? Anyone from this interview date receive an acceptance yet?
I’m guessing based on last year that it won’t be until next month but I’m still checking my email sporadically. I interviewed the same day and haven’t heard anything.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I have an interview date but haven’t received an itinerary or additional details yet on how the day is structured. I am sure I’ll receive that beforehand, but I have an appointment scheduled later on my interview day that I’ve had schedule for awhile… can anyone share how long the interview day was, especially if you had a second interview to interview for UMP (or similar program)?
The general schedule was - 8am check in, 8:45 - 9:15 interview (varies by interviewee) and then there are two non-mandatory session types that meet twice (financial aid session and student panel) spread out between morning and afternoon, 9am and 3pm, and 12pm and 1pm, respectively.
 
IS A!!!!! Interviewed 10/13. Came in the mail! No email or portal update either.
Congrats!! And thanks for sharing the info! Kinda encouraging to know that not all is lost and that it might take some time to get mail/notice. Yesterday when I checked my mail and didn't find anything, I automatically assumed that I had been rejected 🤣 And now with low expectations, the only way is up
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there any 10/13 interviewees who haven't heard anything or received any mail? I wonder if they send mail continuously throughout the month? Or at this point, I'd probably just have to wait until next month around the same time.
 
II: 10/6

Accepted to Traditional MD program this morning by email.

I applied UMP and admissions said my UMP application is still under review.

Seems as though there really is two separate decisions for my UMP people.
IS/OOS and URM/ORM? ALSO CONGRATS 😀
 
Did anyone receive an email to attend an “underrepresented in medicine virtual student reception”?
I interviewed 11/03, hope this means they’ll accept me next month 🙏🏼
I have not and I interviewed a long time ago (URM as well). I believe I have been rejected based on things said in this forum but it looks like a very good sign in your case.
 
Did anyone receive an email to attend an “underrepresented in medicine virtual student reception”?
I interviewed 11/03, hope this means they’ll accept me next month 🙏🏼
I have not and I interviewed a long time ago (URM as well). I believe I have been rejected based on things said in this forum but it looks like a very good sign in your case.
I didn’t receive this so I don’t know if it’s an indicator of acceptance but I am no admissions Dean
 
Did anyone receive an email to attend an “underrepresented in medicine virtual student reception”?
I interviewed 11/03, hope this means they’ll accept me next month 🙏🏼
+1 Received this morning. I also interviewed on 11/03! Receiving continued interest from the school post interview is always a good sign 👍
 
II: 10/6

Accepted to Traditional MD program this morning by email.

I applied UMP and admissions said my UMP application is still under review.

Seems as though there really is two separate decisions for my UMP people.
How long after did you receive the email that your application is under review for the traditional MD program ? Interviewed in October and still waiting.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone receive an email to attend an “underrepresented in medicine virtual student reception”?
I interviewed 11/03, hope this means they’ll accept me next month 🙏🏼
Like some others have said, I also did not get this email. I got an email regarding when classes start and when to expect Canvas to update, but that's about it.
 
How is everyone going about ranking their campus preferences? Being that I'm OOS, was wondering if anyone could offer some insight into going to a regional campus versus Indianapolis. Thanks!
 
How is everyone going about ranking their campus preferences? Being that I'm OOS, was wondering if anyone could offer some insight into going to a regional campus versus Indianapolis. Thanks!
They are all smaller towns. The descriptions on the IU website are pretty accurate. For what it's worth, most of them are within an hour's drive of a bigger city, if that's your thing. I'm from Indiana and have lived near or in the cities of the regional campuses, so it wouldn't be a huge deal to me. The experience will be what you make of it, and the cost of living will be pretty cheap too.
 
They are all smaller towns. The descriptions on the IU website are pretty accurate. For what it's worth, most of them are within an hour's drive of a bigger city, if that's your thing. I'm from Indiana and have lived near or in the cities of the regional campuses, so it wouldn't be a huge deal to me. The experience will be what you make of it, and the cost of living will be pretty cheap too.
Thank you!
 
Is there any correlation to when your application goes in front of admissions and getting an acceptance or hearing back earlier?
 
How is everyone going about ranking their campus preferences? Being that I'm OOS, was wondering if anyone could offer some insight into going to a regional campus versus Indianapolis. Thanks!
Adding that your interests outside of medical school (and within) matter on campus preference too.

A few of the campuses share with large schools, so if the College Sports Life is appealing -- two BIG TEN campuses, and Notre Dame are all promising.

Terre Haute is very rural, so there's that.

Fort Wayne, South Bend, Gary, and Indianapolis will give you most racial and ethnic diversity for living and for patient populations (however you want to look at it).

Northern locations = more access to the great lakes, Indiana Dunes, Indiana Beach and if you're into cars = northern Indiana is a place to be.

Southern locations = i mean...who doesn't love a good view of the Kentucky border.

The Caves and National Parks are also somewhere in the state (if you're a nature go-er).
 
Adding that your interests outside of medical school (and within) matter on campus preference too.

A few of the campuses share with large schools, so if the College Sports Life is appealing -- two BIG TEN campuses, and Notre Dame are all promising.

Terre Haute is very rural, so there's that.

Fort Wayne, South Bend, Gary, and Indianapolis will give you most racial and ethnic diversity for living and for patient populations (however you want to look at it).

Northern locations = more access to the great lakes, Indiana Dunes, Indiana Beach and if you're into cars = northern Indiana is a place to be.

Southern locations = i mean...who doesn't love a good view of the Kentucky border.

The Caves and National Parks are also somewhere in the state (if you're a nature go-er).
Thanks so much, this is extremely helpful!
 
Is there any correlation to when your application goes in front of admissions and getting an acceptance or hearing back earlier?
When did you get the email saying that your application was ready to go before the admission committee? I got the email on 10/23 and interviewed 10/13, still haven't heard anything yet. I am thinking that accepted 10/13 interviewees should hear back by next month at the latest based on other posts in this thread.
 
When did you get the email saying that your application was ready to go before the admission committee? I got the email on 10/23 and interviewed 10/13, still haven't heard anything yet. I am thinking that accepted 10/13 interviewees should hear back by next month at the latest based on other posts in this thread.
Guess not then lol. I interviewed 11/3 and got the email 11/8.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone else get the scholarship info email? How do I sign in with a "One.IU" ID? I don't remember getting that info
yeah I also got that email, I don't think that we will receive any of the login/anything until some time next year?

Was also confused because I would love to receive a scholarship but have no way of accessing it haha