You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Massachusetts
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi! I was wondering if any of you know where to send thank you notes after an interview?
gigi4567
Full Member
I emailed it to the admissions address and the person who responded suggested I also upload it to the portal.Hi! I was wondering if any of you know where to send thank you notes after an interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you!I emailed it to the admissions address and the person who responded suggested I also upload it to the portal.
sourcepeel
Full Member
In stateAre you in-state?
premed11801
Full Member
do they send acceptances every Friday usually?
Based on this thread, only pre-II rejections have been sent out.Have any rejections or waitlists been sent out?
Reading last two years threads, everyone who got AC with early interview (Sept-Aug-Oct) either got rejected or WL. I didn't see anyone at all who got outright accepted after interviewing on the earlier end. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.
And most of these decisions were much later March-April.
And most of these decisions were much later March-April.
pintobeana
Beans
This validates my suspicion that us early interview folks are destined for a WL at most. Thanks for looking into that.Reading last two years threads, everyone who got AC with early interview (Sept-Aug-Oct) either got rejected or WL. I didn't see anyone at all who got outright accepted after interviewing on the earlier end. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.
And most of these decisions were much later March-April.
Yeah, I don't get it. Why interview us to just keep us in the dark? Doesn't it make more sense to interview later and then offer WL? I don't know anymoreThis validates my suspicion that us early interview folks are destined for a WL at most. Thanks for looking into that.
In my experience, the criteria/threshold for getting an acceptance is higher than the threshold for getting an interview. At many schools, getting an interview requires the approval of a few screeners (sometimes they’re admissions office staff rather than adcom members), whereas getting an acceptance requires the approval of a plurality (in many cases it’s a majority) of the committeeYeah, I don't get it. Why interview us to just keep us in the dark? Doesn't it make more sense to interview later and then offer WL? I don't know anymore
sourcepeel
Full Member
Most people did wear a suit and tie (Western Business Attire) but they said during the session that casual clothes are fine. During the student question session people took off their suit jackets.For those of you who attended a Q&A session, what were the applicants wearing? Is it more casual than a suit and tie?
zoraktheattack
Full Member
I interviewed in early Oct and got AC and was accepted last monthReading last two years threads, everyone who got AC with early interview (Sept-Aug-Oct) either got rejected or WL. I didn't see anyone at all who got outright accepted after interviewing on the earlier end. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.
And most of these decisions were much later March-April.
Sorry, I was referring to mid-Jan and later. December and before is different, but December is gone nowI interviewed in early Oct and got AC and was accepted last month
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It is Friday, my dudes
Interviewed in August, AC in October. I sent a LOI in about a month ago, also with no significant updates, more so just a proclamation of how much I love this school lol. It can’t really hurt to send one, especially since you’re in essentially the same situation as me where we interviewed several months agoInterviewed Sept. 15 and received AC on Oct. 20. I'd like to write a letter of interest, but I don't really have any significant updates to share. Should I wait to see if I'm WL before I send a letter or should I go for it now?
Accepted today! Interview in October, AC in November. OOS.
Living_lIke_lisa
New Member
Hey everyone, it’s me again. I GOT THE ACCEPTANCE THIS MORNING!!! UMass has been my only interview so far and my only acceptance. So happy and it really emphasizes that all you need is ONE school 🙂II a few minutes ago! OOS, Completed 9/14. It's my first interview invite of the cycle and MY GOD DOES IT FEEL GOOD!
sourcepeel
Full Member
Congrats!!Accepted today! Interview in October, AC in November. OOS.
sourcepeel
Full Member
Amazing!! Congrats! 🎉Hey everyone, it’s me again. I GOT THE ACCEPTANCE THIS MORNING!!! UMass has been my only interview so far and my only acceptance. So happy and it really emphasizes that all you need is ONE school 🙂
futuredrcristinayang
Full Member
Congrats! when did you interview?Hey everyone, it’s me again. I GOT THE ACCEPTANCE THIS MORNING!!! UMass has been my only interview so far and my only acceptance. So happy and it really emphasizes that all you need is ONE school 🙂
Living_lIke_lisa
New Member
I interviewed 1/06! I got an Active Consideration email just yesterday, so I think some heated discussion took place in the committee for me to get this acceptance today hahaCongrats! when did you interview?
premed 2025
Full Member
Congrats! So true that it only takes one. Enjoy the elation!Hey everyone, it’s me again. I GOT THE ACCEPTANCE THIS MORNING!!! UMass has been my only interview so far and my only acceptance. So happy and it really emphasizes that all you need is ONE school 🙂
imnotfromhere
New Member
Got the MD A yesterday (1/21)!! AC on Thursday 1/20. Interview 1/6. IS. So relieved since I got WL last year and couldn't get off it (was OOS last year + interviewed late Jan).
Also received an MD A yesterday (1/21) and was absolutely floored, I'm IS and interviewed 1/6, never got an AC email so wasn't expecting it at all!! Couldn't be happier, I was waitlisted last year after interviewing mid-February. Good luck to everyone, I believe in you!! 😊
Living_lIke_lisa
New Member
When you got the acceptance email, did an adcom member also email you separately? I think they were one of my interviewers and would like to thank the them, but I am not sure of the name. Wasn’t sure if every accepted applicant got an additional email as well?
I did not get an additional email if that helps!When you got the acceptance email, did an adcom member also email you separately? I think they were one of my interviewers and would like to thank the them, but I am not sure of the name. Wasn’t sure if every accepted applicant got an additional email as well?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuredrcristinayang
Full Member
did anyone who interviewed in late December hear anything back yet?
In stateAre you in-state or out of state?
wow so 1/6 ppl heard back im 1/12 here is to hoping i hear back good news this friday and my cycle can finally end...Also received an MD A yesterday (1/21) and was absolutely floored, I'm IS and interviewed 1/6, never got an AC email so wasn't expecting it at all!! Couldn't be happier, I was waitlisted last year after interviewing mid-February. Good luck to everyone, I believe in you!! 😊
For the Q&A, all the guys wore a suit without a tie. Some women wore a suit, but others wore a sweater or a nice shirt without a jacket. The faculty Q&A was first and afterwards, during the student portion, they encouraged us to get changed into something comfortable but I think everyone continued wearing what they were already wearing.Did you guys wear suits to the Q&A or was it more casual?
Just got the active consideration email. Hoping for an A tomorrow, but I have a feeling I won't be that lucky.I interviewed 1/06! I got an Active Consideration email just yesterday, so I think some heated discussion took place in the committee for me to get this acceptance today haha
I got the email saying 'Admissions Committee has reviewed your application and at this time has not made a final decision' on a Wednesday but the committee only meets on Fridays. I'm so nervous!
TheIndianMamba
Full Member
Did you guys wear suits to the Q&A or was it more casual?
N = 1 but I definitely wore a t-shirt and sweats to the Q&A and got accepted a week after, I don't think it matters at allFor the Q&A, all the guys wore a suit without a tie. Some women wore a suit, but others wore a sweater or a nice shirt without a jacket. The faculty Q&A was first and afterwards, during the student portion, they encouraged us to get changed into something comfortable but I think everyone continued wearing what they were already wearing.
it is quiet in here today.......
edit: i thought it was FRIDAY!
edit: i thought it was FRIDAY!
Last edited:
Does going to the QA matter
premed11801
Full Member
Does anyone know how generous UMass is with financial aid and scholarships?
siloaddict
Full Member
Did anyone not go to the Q&A and STILL got an A? lol
Living_lIke_lisa
New Member
They don’t track attendance at any of those so it doesn’t impact decisions at allDid anyone not go to the Q&A and STILL got an A? lol
futuredrcristinayang
Full Member
its FRIDAY !!! lets manifest some good news today 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm manifesting so hard right now!! It's unfathomableits FRIDAY !!! lets manifest some good news today 🙂
Trying to lower my expectations so I don’t hurt my own feelings but I got that Friday feeling😫🤧its FRIDAY !!! lets manifest some good news today 🙂
Congrats!! When did you interview? Also, are you in state?Got the A an hour ago!!!
In state, interviewed 11/17, got the AC email at the beginning of December ☺️Congrats!! When did you interview? Also, are you in state?