2021-2022 Massachusetts

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Barring WL acceptances, 291 acceptances have been offered last year outright

Maybe most acceptances have been given out then, with WLs remaining?
Where did you get this data?

The FB group for UMass Medical School Class of 2025 has 390 members.. so if we are currently at ~200 for 2026, we will have a solid shot
 
Where did you get this data?

The FB group for UMass Medical School Class of 2025 has 390 members.. so if we are currently at ~200 for 2026, we will have a solid shot
MSAR says waitlist info is 100 acceptances/150 waitlist offers. 390 members in 2025 probably includes waitlist acceptees
 
MSAR says waitlist info is 100 acceptances/150 waitlist offers. 390 members in 2025 probably includes waitlist acceptees
Not sure that the FB group includes waitlist acceptees since I was waitlisted last year and not invited to the FB group. Maybe that's because I was at the tail end? But it does seem like quite a high number otherwise.
 
Not sure that the FB group includes waitlist acceptees since I was waitlisted last year and not invited to the FB group. Maybe that's because I was at the tail end? But it does seem like quite a high number otherwise.
FYI, there are a lot of MS1s and MS2s in the 2026 FB group because some of them are involved in second look day and some other activities.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how would you all describe your interview experience? I have mine coming up and was wondering if the sdn interview question page for Umass was pretty on par with what you all experienced?
 
how would you all describe your interview experience? I have mine coming up and was wondering if the sdn interview question page for Umass was pretty on par with what you all experienced?
It was just regular MMI questions. Nothing pressured, no trick questions, know why UMass, know the career direction you want, you should be GTG
 
Does anyone know if PURCH applicants have to wait longer to wait for an answer? Like I don't know how the admissions process works for that
On the PURCH website it says that over half their decisions come after March. I think if you didn’t make the initial cut, PURCH takes time to balance all of the factors in their class makeup (ie. Regular MD vs PhD, OOS vs IS, Men vs Women etc).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
are interview invites still possible here?
i don't think so, after looking at previous cycles for UMass, it seems that once they send the first waitlist, they mainly only send waitlist decisions only
 
  • Like
Reactions: M_C
idk how much we can rely on facebook, it went up by 30 members on monday in like an hour. idk if that's when they send out invites though
Doesn't the accepted student need to request to be added? Or are students sent out invitations via FB?
 
do u know approx how many ppl are admins/M1s/M2s in the fb group?
It's hard to know for sure without checking on each person, but a quick look through suggests about 30 - 40 current med students and the rest accepted students. It could be a bit more since some people don't list UMass on their FB bios which is the only part that's visible to non-FB friends.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When do people on AC normally start hearing back about WL and Rs? Hoping it is an A but you know
Unfortunately it seems to vary widely. I don't have the stats but just from what I've observed, some people are still on AC from october, some people get an A a week after going AC
EDIT: I see now that wasn't really your question. Don't know as much about WL and R.
 
Unfortunately it seems to vary widely. I don't have the stats but just from what I've observed, some people are still on AC from october, some people get an A a week after going AC
EDIT: I see now that wasn't really your question. Don't know as much about WL and R.
haha thx anyway! Crazy though how much variability there is in timing for people