2021-2022 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I think someone posted this question but I can’t find it anymore. But about when are the last As sent out?
From what I know, there are still some interviews left to be done, so I assume most of the A's, barring waitlists, will be given in the next month or two.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted today at 12:33pm :) IS, ORM, 515 and 3.9. My first acceptance and I'm so pumped. Good luck to everyone applying!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Barring WL acceptances, 291 acceptances have been offered last year outright

Maybe most acceptances have been given out then, with WLs remaining?
Where did you get this data?

The FB group for UMass Medical School Class of 2025 has 390 members.. so if we are currently at ~200 for 2026, we will have a solid shot

Does anyone know if UMass is generous with financial aid and merit scholarships?

Has anyone seen any acceptances on non-Fridays or are we buckling up for another full week here?

Where did you get this data?

The FB group for UMass Medical School Class of 2025 has 390 members.. so if we are currently at ~200 for 2026, we will have a solid shot
MSAR says waitlist info is 100 acceptances/150 waitlist offers. 390 members in 2025 probably includes waitlist acceptees

Members don't see this ad :)
MSAR says waitlist info is 100 acceptances/150 waitlist offers. 390 members in 2025 probably includes waitlist acceptees
Not sure that the FB group includes waitlist acceptees since I was waitlisted last year and not invited to the FB group. Maybe that's because I was at the tail end? But it does seem like quite a high number otherwise.

Not sure that the FB group includes waitlist acceptees since I was waitlisted last year and not invited to the FB group. Maybe that's because I was at the tail end? But it does seem like quite a high number otherwise.
FYI, there are a lot of MS1s and MS2s in the 2026 FB group because some of them are involved in second look day and some other activities.

Reactions: 2 users
Late post but also got an A IS on Friday!

has there been any OOS acceptances these past few weeks? from sdn, there's only been IS

I was accepted as an OOS MD applicant last Friday - interviewed early Jan, have connection to the area.

how would you all describe your interview experience? I have mine coming up and was wondering if the sdn interview question page for Umass was pretty on par with what you all experienced?

how would you all describe your interview experience? I have mine coming up and was wondering if the sdn interview question page for Umass was pretty on par with what you all experienced?
It was just regular MMI questions. Nothing pressured, no trick questions, know why UMass, know the career direction you want, you should be GTG

Does anyone know if PURCH applicants have to wait longer to wait for an answer? Like I don't know how the admissions process works for that

Does anyone know if PURCH applicants have to wait longer to wait for an answer? Like I don't know how the admissions process works for that
On the PURCH website it says that over half their decisions come after March. I think if you didn’t make the initial cut, PURCH takes time to balance all of the factors in their class makeup (ie. Regular MD vs PhD, OOS vs IS, Men vs Women etc).

Reactions: 1 users
just received a waitlist offer. Interviewed in August and placed on active consideration October 15

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
is this the first waitlist of the season?

Reactions: 1 users
are interview invites still possible here?

are interview invites still possible here?
i don't think so, after looking at previous cycles for UMass, it seems that once they send the first waitlist, they mainly only send waitlist decisions only

other rejections / post-ii rejections yet?

Facebook group class of 2026 is at 263 members. it looks like there are a lot fewer spots left =(

Facebook group class of 2026 is at 263 members. it looks like there are a lot fewer spots left =(
idk how much we can rely on facebook, it went up by 30 members on monday in like an hour. idk if that's when they send out invites though

idk how much we can rely on facebook, it went up by 30 members on monday in like an hour. idk if that's when they send out invites though
Doesn't the accepted student need to request to be added? Or are students sent out invitations via FB?

Doesn't the accepted student need to request to be added? Or are students sent out invitations via FB
There's an email sent out a few days after acceptance. A lot of the members are M1 and M2s. I think they are invited via FB

do u know approx how many ppl are admins/M1s/M2s in the fb group?
Guys…speculating on the number of admitted students based on relaying what we think the numbers of members in a different Facebook page is probably the least productive thing to put mental effort into.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
do u know approx how many ppl are admins/M1s/M2s in the fb group?
It's hard to know for sure without checking on each person, but a quick look through suggests about 30 - 40 current med students and the rest accepted students. It could be a bit more since some people don't list UMass on their FB bios which is the only part that's visible to non-FB friends.