-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Massachusetts
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
mdsuperhopeful
Full Member
Again…Quite Friday 🤔
Is 3 weeks the earliest people have heard back post-II, or usually later than that?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premed11801
Full Member
Anyone else having trouble signing into their Net Partner financial aid portal as a new student?
I did, it wouldn't let me log in. I had to call the financial aid office and they fixed it in 5 minutes.Anyone else having trouble signing into their Net Partner financial aid portal as a new student?
premed11801
Full Member
Thank you, what number did you call to reach out to them? I called a couple of times and they did not respondI did, it wouldn't let me log in. I had to call the financial aid office and they fixed it in 5 minutes.
GrayCanary21
Full Member
I didn't call but I had success with just emailing the admin officeThank you, what number did you call to reach out to them? I called a couple of times and they did not respond
(508) 856-2265Thank you, what number did you call to reach out to them? I called a couple of times and they did not respond
office hours are 8-5
I applied early on in the cycle and interviewed with Umass in September 2021. Besides the "still being considered email" it's been crickets from them. I've already sent a letter of intent (November) and an update letter (early January). One of the doctors that I know who works in the UMMHC system even reached out to them on my behalf. Still, nothing. I'm past the points of expectation/anxiety/frustration and I'm just exhausted at this point. Is anybody else in the same boat? I mean 5 months is a long time!!!
Seems like they’ve given As, now WLs. Haven’t seen any Rs yet. Not sure how much of each left
premed11801
Full Member
Thanks, I’ve been trying that number but get no response. Also sent a couple of emails…(508) 856-2265
office hours are 8-5
Same situation but August interview. I’m kinda mad ngl lolI applied early on in the cycle and interviewed with Umass in September 2021. Besides the "still being considered email" it's been crickets from them. I've already sent a letter of intent (November) and an update letter (early January). One of the doctors that I know who works in the UMMHC system even reached out to them on my behalf. Still, nothing. I'm past the points of expectation/anxiety/frustration and I'm just exhausted at this point. Is anybody else in the same boat? I mean 5 months is a long time!!!
medwannabe350
Full Member
Last year I interviewed in February, got the WL, and didn't get the R until 8/1... not to be discouraging but they definitely can drag things out!
Was it WL->R after AC or just AC then R?Last year I interviewed in February, got the WL, and didn't get the R until 8/1... not to be discouraging but they definitely can drag things out!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medwannabe350
Full Member
sorry what's AC?Was it WL->R after AC or just AC then R?
Active consideration. Is it a new thing this cycle?sorry what's AC?
noActive consideration. Is it a new thing this cycle?
It’s in past threads too
Not sure if you've already resolved this issue but I've called into the financial aid zoom office hours twice now with no issue, and they were really helpful and responsive. They're held in the mornings and afternoons on Tuesdays/Thursdays and the most I had to wait was ~10m. I would give that a try if you are still having trouble reaching them via phone/email. Feel free to DM me if you need the zoom link!Thanks, I’ve been trying that number but get no response. Also sent a couple of emails…
premed11801
Full Member
Thank you! They responded to my emails!
D
deleted1124197
+1. Haven’t heard anything since the AC email in October. Part of me is happy because at least we weren’t rejected immediately, but it’s hard to not know where we truly stand, especially since AC isn’t indicative of a specific decision yet. With the PTE selection available, hopefully that gives them more information that will in turn allow more decisions to be released in the next few weeks.I applied early on in the cycle and interviewed with Umass in September 2021. Besides the "still being considered email" it's been crickets from them. I've already sent a letter of intent (November) and an update letter (early January). One of the doctors that I know who works in the UMMHC system even reached out to them on my behalf. Still, nothing. I'm past the points of expectation/anxiety/frustration and I'm just exhausted at this point. Is anybody else in the same boat? I mean 5 months is a long time!!!
Have they sent rejections post II? I know in the past they have (early) but haven’t seen any this cycle+1. Haven’t heard anything since the AC email in October. Part of me is happy because at least we weren’t rejected immediately, but it’s hard to not know where we truly stand, especially since AC isn’t indicative of a specific decision yet. With the PTE selection available, hopefully that gives them more information that will in turn allow more decisions to be released in the next few weeks.
D
deleted1124197
I haven’t seen any MD, non-PURCH rejections on this thread yet. I was referring to how some schools might reject applicants with botched interviews or poor mission fit ASAP. Sorry for being misleading earlier! And good luck to you if you’re also waiting to hear back🙂Have they sent rejections post II? I know in the past they have (early) but haven’t seen any this cycle
No worries! Good luck to you as well!I haven’t seen any MD, non-PURCH rejections on this thread yet. I was referring to how some schools might reject applicants with botched interviews or poor mission fit ASAP. Sorry for being misleading earlier! And good luck to you if you’re also waiting to hear back🙂
Just received Pre-II R. Completed 10.3.2021..
Where my fellow Friday wait people at
GoldenBear22
Full Member
I thought that they usually send decisions on Friday morning. Has anyone heard back yet?Where my fellow Friday wait people at
NopeI thought that they usually send decisions on Friday morning. Has anyone heard back yet?
GoldenBear22
Full Member
Does anyone know if decisions are sent on Mondays? Last Friday was quiet, so I was wondering if we could find out today.
The last three Fridays in a row have been silent unfortunately :-( Not sure why, I'm hoping it doesn't mean they are finished sending AsDoes anyone know if decisions are sent on Mondays? Last Friday was quiet, so I was wondering if we could find out today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fb group has almost 280. Not drawing any conclusions, just saying.The last three Fridays in a row have been silent unfortunately :-( Not sure why, I'm hoping it doesn't mean they are finished sending As
It’s weird because in past they have liberally given post II Rs. Feel like now they’re saving them. Not sure what this means
Amoeba2022
Full Member
Just withdrew my A, hope it goes to one of you waiting! good luck everyone!
I haven’t heard back anything about next steps since submitting my CORI form is that normal?
Schools will only reach out if there is a hitI haven’t heard back anything about next steps since submitting my CORI form is that normal?
IS Pre-II R for MD/PhD today, really sad how competitive the available programs in my home state are 🙁
GoldenBear22
Full Member
Did you interview early or mid-February? If you don't mind sharing your interview date, that would be great 🙂AC email this afternoon. Interviewed a few weeks ago.
I interviewed 2/15. Pretty quick turn around time for a correspondence from them, but not sure what to make of an AC.Did you interview early or mid-February? If you don't mind sharing your interview date, that would be great 🙂
GoldenBear22
Full Member
Nice! That's exactly 2 weeks since your interview. Wishing you good luck 🙂I interviewed 2/15. Pretty quick turn around time for a correspondence from them, but not sure what to make of an AC.
I believe It’s automated for 2 weeks post interview.I interviewed 2/15. Pretty quick turn around time for a correspondence from them, but not sure what to make of an AC.
GoldenBear22
Full Member
That makes sense. I have also seen people who got AC after 3 weeks or a month in the past. It could be systematic 🤔I believe It’s automated for 2 weeks post interview.
happy Friday everyone—- getting ready to compulsively refresh this page and my email every 30 minutes!!
Got the first correspondence since October and it's a WL offer. Thank goodness I've got a backup school.
When did you receive notif of the WL?Got the first correspondence since October and it's a WL offer. Thank goodness I've got a backup school.
![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
11:31 am ESTWhen did you receive notif of the WL?
Maybe they are done for the day then. Time to wait anxiously for next week
MrRickWilliams
New Member
WL interviewed early Feb 🙁
Do we know the waitlist movement here?
Do we know the waitlist movement here?
MrRickWilliams
New Member
Received the email at 12:37 ET.did you receive an email just now? starts in May after the commit to enroll tool comes out I assume
Seems like acceptances may be over. What are the odds that none have been sent in weeks? I haven’t even got a waitlist so guessing it’s another post II R