2021-2022 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Crickets

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
When do people on AC normally start hearing back about WL and Rs? Hoping it is an A but you know

When do people on AC normally start hearing back about WL and Rs? Hoping it is an A but you know
Unfortunately it seems to vary widely. I don't have the stats but just from what I've observed, some people are still on AC from october, some people get an A a week after going AC
EDIT: I see now that wasn't really your question. Don't know as much about WL and R.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately it seems to vary widely. I don't have the stats but just from what I've observed, some people are still on AC from october, some people get an A a week after going AC
EDIT: I see now that wasn't really your question. Don't know as much about WL and R.
haha thx anyway! Crazy though how much variability there is in timing for people

any news today?

Reactions: 1 user
Is 3 weeks the earliest people have heard back post-II, or usually later than that?

Anyone else having trouble signing into their Net Partner financial aid portal as a new student?

Anyone else having trouble signing into their Net Partner financial aid portal as a new student?
I did, it wouldn't let me log in. I had to call the financial aid office and they fixed it in 5 minutes.

I did, it wouldn't let me log in. I had to call the financial aid office and they fixed it in 5 minutes.
Thank you, what number did you call to reach out to them? I called a couple of times and they did not respond

Members don't see this ad :)
WL today after AC around the winter holidays

I applied early on in the cycle and interviewed with Umass in September 2021. Besides the "still being considered email" it's been crickets from them. I've already sent a letter of intent (November) and an update letter (early January). One of the doctors that I know who works in the UMMHC system even reached out to them on my behalf. Still, nothing. I'm past the points of expectation/anxiety/frustration and I'm just exhausted at this point. Is anybody else in the same boat? I mean 5 months is a long time!!!

Reactions: 9 users
Seems like they’ve given As, now WLs. Haven’t seen any Rs yet. Not sure how much of each left

I applied early on in the cycle and interviewed with Umass in September 2021. Besides the "still being considered email" it's been crickets from them. I've already sent a letter of intent (November) and an update letter (early January). One of the doctors that I know who works in the UMMHC system even reached out to them on my behalf. Still, nothing. I'm past the points of expectation/anxiety/frustration and I'm just exhausted at this point. Is anybody else in the same boat? I mean 5 months is a long time!!!
Same situation but August interview. I’m kinda mad ngl lol

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Last year I interviewed in February, got the WL, and didn't get the R until 8/1... not to be discouraging but they definitely can drag things out!

Last year I interviewed in February, got the WL, and didn't get the R until 8/1... not to be discouraging but they definitely can drag things out!
Was it WL->R after AC or just AC then R?

Last edited:
Thanks, I’ve been trying that number but get no response. Also sent a couple of emails…
Not sure if you've already resolved this issue but I've called into the financial aid zoom office hours twice now with no issue, and they were really helpful and responsive. They're held in the mornings and afternoons on Tuesdays/Thursdays and the most I had to wait was ~10m. I would give that a try if you are still having trouble reaching them via phone/email. Feel free to DM me if you need the zoom link!

+1. Haven’t heard anything since the AC email in October. Part of me is happy because at least we weren’t rejected immediately, but it’s hard to not know where we truly stand, especially since AC isn’t indicative of a specific decision yet. With the PTE selection available, hopefully that gives them more information that will in turn allow more decisions to be released in the next few weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
+1. Haven’t heard anything since the AC email in October. Part of me is happy because at least we weren’t rejected immediately, but it’s hard to not know where we truly stand, especially since AC isn’t indicative of a specific decision yet. With the PTE selection available, hopefully that gives them more information that will in turn allow more decisions to be released in the next few weeks.
Have they sent rejections post II? I know in the past they have (early) but haven’t seen any this cycle

Have they sent rejections post II? I know in the past they have (early) but haven’t seen any this cycle
I haven’t seen any MD, non-PURCH rejections on this thread yet. I was referring to how some schools might reject applicants with botched interviews or poor mission fit ASAP. Sorry for being misleading earlier! And good luck to you if you’re also waiting to hear back:)

I haven’t seen any MD, non-PURCH rejections on this thread yet. I was referring to how some schools might reject applicants with botched interviews or poor mission fit ASAP. Sorry for being misleading earlier! And good luck to you if you’re also waiting to hear back:)
No worries! Good luck to you as well!

Does anyone know if decisions are sent on Mondays? Last Friday was quiet, so I was wondering if we could find out today.

Does anyone know if decisions are sent on Mondays? Last Friday was quiet, so I was wondering if we could find out today.
The last three Fridays in a row have been silent unfortunately :-( Not sure why, I'm hoping it doesn't mean they are finished sending As

The last three Fridays in a row have been silent unfortunately :-( Not sure why, I'm hoping it doesn't mean they are finished sending As
Fb group has almost 280. Not drawing any conclusions, just saying.

It’s weird because in past they have liberally given post II Rs. Feel like now they’re saving them. Not sure what this means

Just withdrew my A, hope it goes to one of you waiting! good luck everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I haven’t heard back anything about next steps since submitting my CORI form is that normal?

AC email this afternoon. Interviewed a few weeks ago.

IS Pre-II R for MD/PhD today, really sad how competitive the available programs in my home state are :(

• Care
Did you interview early or mid-February? If you don't mind sharing your interview date, that would be great :)
I interviewed 2/15. Pretty quick turn around time for a correspondence from them, but not sure what to make of an AC.

happy Friday everyone—- getting ready to compulsively refresh this page and my email every 30 minutes!!

Reactions: 3 users
Got the first correspondence since October and it's a WL offer. Thank goodness I've got a backup school.
The Little Mermaid Sigh GIF

Reactions: 2 users