2021-2022 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Maybe they are done for the day then. Time to wait anxiously for next week

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like acceptances may be over. What are the odds that none have been sent in weeks? I haven’t even got a waitlist so guessing it’s another post II R

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Seems like acceptances may be over. What are the odds that none have been sent in weeks? I haven’t even got a waitlist so guessing it’s another post II R
agree. wondering tht too but the Facebook numbers went up so could be there were As that just werent posted here

agree. wondering tht too but the Facebook numbers went up so could be there were As that just werent posted here
The number didn't go up between yesterday and today. Source: I checked. Don't judge me

Reactions: 1 user
Also some people just join later on. Ex. I haven’t joined any the schools that I got into but I might create/reactivate my account to join eventually

MSAR reports a good amount of WL movement. Haven't heard anything since Dec 15th interview. Hoping it doesn't mean Post-II R

Why have there been no Post-II Rs yet? Just let me know where I stand!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
interviewed 2/15 and waitlisted today, I accepted my offer on the waitlist, but my portal is showing "decline after waitlisted". Did I mess up and hit the wrong thing?

interviewed 2/15 and waitlisted today, I accepted my offer on the waitlist, but my portal is showing "decline after waitlisted". Did I mess up and hit the wrong thing?
my portal shows the same thing. I think it is for the next step if we want to decline waitlist.

4-5 total waitlists reported here? Probably a lot have gone out then?

UMass reports they usually WL ~150 people and accept ~100 off the WL. This seems pretty high right? Anyone know if these stats are true

I think it is correct based on the data. UMass accepts approximately 400/800 interviewed students if you look up post-II acceptance. A lot of these are probably off of the waitlist. It seems like they accept 200-300 and then take off the waitlist.

My coworker knows someone who goes to UMass and was accepted in late March. That seems early for WL, so perhaps there is hope for in the coming weeks for us long-AC people!

Reactions: 5 users
It's not over till it's over. Don't lose hope everyone! People get accepted later than today so why can't you 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Kept my Mass residency just for this school lol but pre-II R just now!

• Care
Just got the pre-ii R. OOS but with very strong ties to the state (have lived here many years). Very sad about this one, I got an interview here last cycle and got WLd, felt like I made meaningful improvements to myself and my application so this was pretty heart breaking from one of my favorite schools. Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back! Hopefully its not too much longer

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
1646860408661.png

Reactions: 5 users
This is just my anecdotal experience but I was waitlisted at UMass last year and there was essentially no WL movement at all (very few people posted that they got accepted off the WL on last year's thread, I think <5?). I sent in a letter of intent and another update letter post-WL and nothing. Definitely didn't feel like it matched up with the reported numbers on MSAR, though take that with a grain of salt cause of course there is self-selected bias on SDN. I kept holding out because of the turn-over "stats" but ended up just being disappointed when that didn't play out. It could have been COVID and over-enrollment last year so not to say that it would be the same scenario this year -- don't give up hope!

Reactions: 4 users
waitlisted this morning- December interview. IS reapplicant with very similar experience to comment above :/ trying to hold out hope for my dream school but ugh

waitlisted this morning- December interview. IS reapplicant with very similar experience to comment above :/ trying to hold out hope for my dream school but ugh
): Sorry to hear. When did you get your decision?

Just got the post-II R. Interviewed in August and AC in October. UMass alum and I am devastated. Kind of suspected it and I am fortunate to have an A elsewhere but UMass was far and away my first choice.

Good luck to everyone remaining. Hope we all end up where we are meant to be.

Edit to add that I am IS

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Just got the post-II R. Interviewed in August and AC in October. UMass alum and I am devastated. Kind of suspected it and I am fortunate to have an A elsewhere but UMass was far and away my first choice.

Good luck to everyone remaining. Hope we all end up where we are meant to be.

Edit to add that I am IS
just as I read your post I got the email as well:( was also August interviewee and AC in October, and IS
guess it was meant to be for me to leave the nest, good luck everyone else!!!

• Care
Also post-ii R. November interview. Oos

Post-II R today as well, interviewed in December, IS. This one hurts :cryi:

• Care
If I wanted to send a new LOR as an update, should I just have the writer email it to admissions? Or is there a better way to do this?

If I wanted to send a new LOR as an update, should I just have the writer email it to admissions? Or is there a better way to do this?
From the secondary portal: "Please note that additional letters of recommendation should be sent directly to us via email or mail from your recommender after our application deadline has past." -- Yup looks like email is the best way to do this!

From the secondary portal: "Please note that additional letters of recommendation should be sent directly to us via email or mail from your recommender after our application deadline has past." -- Yup looks like email is the best way to do this!
Ah thank you I should’ve caught that!!!

Are decisions only on Fridays? Were there any decisions for Monday or Tuesday?

I interviewed on 2/16 and got a WL offer on 3/4.
I know of one person who interviewed in Jan and got an R in Jan/Feb. Trying to stay hopeful and hope everyone else is too!