2021-2022 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1637373230828.png

Looking at this, does anyone know if PURCH acceptances ONLY go out after March? Or can PURCH acceptances come out sooner?

Members don't see this ad.

View attachment 345971

Looking at this, does anyone know if PURCH acceptances ONLY go out after March? Or can PURCH acceptances come out sooner?
Got an OOS acceptance for MD/PURCH earlier today actually! Had my MD interview in mid October and my PURCH interview early November. Also noting again that AC definitely doesn’t mean an R and that you really are still being actively considered because I got the AC email two days ago lol

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed early September, and got the AC email on 10/20. I'm wondering if it would be alright to send a letter of continued interest? I don't have any significant updates, but I really loved this school and the PURCH program. Would appreciate any and all advice on the matter!

Members don't see this ad :)
It looks like there have been only 2 IS As reported here. Unless I missed anything?
I wonder what makes then put aside most applications for AC and some to immediate A? It's not stats from what I can tell.
Checking previous threads, there have been no burst of IS As being reported though. I was thinking it may just be a reporting issue. Also, didn't the UMass Admissions team say they give out As evenly to IS and OOS and PURCH and MD/PhD throughout the cycle?

During my interview day there seemed to be more OOS students though and I interviewed a bit earlier on. I don't know. It's all a bit clandestine

Reactions: 1 users
Checking previous threads, there have been no burst of IS As being reported though. I was thinking it may just be a reporting issue. Also, didn't the UMass Admissions team say they give out As evenly to IS and OOS and PURCH and MD/PhD throughout the cycle?

During my interview day there seemed to be more OOS students though and I interviewed a bit earlier on. I don't know. It's all a bit clandestine
Maybe I'm just searching for a trend in nothing but looked like to me very few IS A's early on then a burst came around December 12. This was at least the case two cycles ago, hoping this is something we see this year too!!!!

5F7D9E08-F170-4F4D-AA8D-95F869270B6C.jpeg

Waiting to hear back after interviewing in Sept and getting the AC email

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
+II today for regular and PURCH, complete 9/8, so excited!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, message me if you were accepted and want to join a GroupMe with other accepted people in case you're lurking and not posting. Everyone else, keep trying and good luck, I know y'all got this!

Members don't see this ad :)
Big fat R the day before thanksgiving lol! OOS but qual'd for IS tuition (born/raised in Mass). Good luck everyone!

• Sad
When you're active consideration for 1.5 months with no further news

Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
pre-II R, complete 7/8, update sent 10/12, OOS,

Am I the only IS applicant being completely ignored? Complete silence since July.🥺 And is it worth sending a letter of interest if I have no substantial updates?

Pre-II rejection today. In-state. Completed application in mid August. This school was my first choice. So it is a bit disappointing to get a rejection without even getting interviewed.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Active consideration this afternoon (IS), interviewed 11/16

Q1. Did anyone ever crack the logic behind why most people get this AC email and 2 IS interviewees (reported here so far) got the A? It is obviously not based on stats.

Q2. Did anyone write to them to ask when we might hear back on the final decision? They said before March, but that's just obvious.
1. There's no secrecy/logic to crack. It means the admissions team assigned to your app has discussed it amongst themselves. I was told on my interview day that it basically means they've decided roughly what to do and when to do it. I interpret this as meaning they decide whether or not to bring your app to the admissions committee for acceptance, hold off until later to see how you stack up with other applicants, or reject you. FWIW, sometimes applicants just get accepted ~2 weeks after without the email and others in the same time frame with it. I think they just sometimes forget to send the update. How they decide who to accept is beyond me, but it usually isn't just raw stats.

2. You can hear literally from now until late April. If you get waitlisted, you can hear up until August when classes start. It sucks, but that's how this process is. I appreciate UMass even sending us an update given what happens elsewhere haha

II a few minutes ago! OOS, Completed 9/14. It's my first interview invite of the cycle and MY GOD DOES IT FEEL GOOD!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
A this morning, in state!

Secondary complete 8/12, Interview 10/27

Received the AC two weeks ago, sent an update letter this past Monday and I guess it worked.
May I ask what you generally wrote about in your update letter? I am starting to brainstorm to send out updates, and I would appreciate it if you have any suggestions/advice!

Does anyone know if this school prefers updates before or after interview?

Continuing review email this afternoon, interviewed 11/17
+1, same interview date and date for the active consideration email

It gave me a heart attack bc it opens with "Thank you for your interest" and I was sure it was a rejection lmao

A email 30 minutes ago! IS, interviewed 11/16.

Edit for more info: AC email 12/2. Uploaded a general thank-you letter post interview, but no other correspondence!

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Have any early interviewers (Sept/Aug) heard anything after an AC???? Hope is dwindling..

Just got the A this morning along with PURCH A! OOS no ties. Interviewed 10/15 and 10/29 for PURCH.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Have any early interviewers (Sept/Aug) heard anything after an AC???? Hope is dwindling..
Interviewed in August and got AC in October then heard nothing. Feeling very discouraged but trying to hang in there

honestly so stressed to interview this week! any last minute tips?

Anyone else IS complete in early/mid July not gotten anII or other communication yet? The anxiety is too real!

II just now! OOS, but strong ties. Complete 8/3. Earliest available dates were first week of February.

Just interviewed and they have a super chill interview day :)

Got an interview in October last cycle and ended up getting waitlisted with an eventual R in August. Was tough to get that close because this has been my dream school for so long but went ahead and reapplied this year, unfortunately still have not heard anything. Any other reapplicants have any success or experience in this situation?

Edit: OOS due to some family situations growing up but have lived in Mass for 10+ years

Awfully quiet for a Friday…Any new AC movement for anyone?

kind of a niche question here, but what is the general advice regarding a timeline for sending update letters post II? How soon after the II is it good to send an update letter? Should you wait until after you get the AC email, or before?

sorry if this is a silly question, but is the interview open or closed file? I understand it is mmi format, but do the raters know anything about our applications?

sorry if this is a silly question, but is the interview open or closed file? I understand it is mmi format, but do the raters know anything about our applications?
Closed file! The raters don't know anything besides your name. Best of luck with your interview!