You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Massachusetts
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
cheesypapa
New Member
Got an OOS acceptance for MD/PURCH earlier today actually! Had my MD interview in mid October and my PURCH interview early November. Also noting again that AC definitely doesn’t mean an R and that you really are still being actively considered because I got the AC email two days ago lolView attachment 345971
Looking at this, does anyone know if PURCH acceptances ONLY go out after March? Or can PURCH acceptances come out sooner?
pintobeana
Beans
Interviewed early September, and got the AC email on 10/20. I'm wondering if it would be alright to send a letter of continued interest? I don't have any significant updates, but I really loved this school and the PURCH program. Would appreciate any and all advice on the matter!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ananxiouspremedstudent
Full Member
They send out As Mon/Fri right? Maybe we’ll finally get something tomorrow 🥵
Checking previous threads, there have been no burst of IS As being reported though. I was thinking it may just be a reporting issue. Also, didn't the UMass Admissions team say they give out As evenly to IS and OOS and PURCH and MD/PhD throughout the cycle?It looks like there have been only 2 IS As reported here. Unless I missed anything?
I wonder what makes then put aside most applications for AC and some to immediate A? It's not stats from what I can tell.
During my interview day there seemed to be more OOS students though and I interviewed a bit earlier on. I don't know. It's all a bit clandestine
Maybe I'm just searching for a trend in nothing but looked like to me very few IS A's early on then a burst came around December 12. This was at least the case two cycles ago, hoping this is something we see this year too!!!!Checking previous threads, there have been no burst of IS As being reported though. I was thinking it may just be a reporting issue. Also, didn't the UMass Admissions team say they give out As evenly to IS and OOS and PURCH and MD/PhD throughout the cycle?
During my interview day there seemed to be more OOS students though and I interviewed a bit earlier on. I don't know. It's all a bit clandestine
*August for me😢View attachment 346041
Waiting to hear back after interviewing in Sept and getting the AC email
Are there any admitted student FB groups?
TheIndianMamba
Full Member
I was wondering the same thing, I'd be down to make a GroupMe if others are interested!Are there any admitted student FB groups?
I'm down.I was wondering the same thing, I'd be down to make a GroupMe if others are interested!
Amoeba2022
Full Member
+II today for regular and PURCH, complete 9/8, so excited!
TheIndianMamba
Full Member
Hey guys, message me if you were accepted and want to join a GroupMe with other accepted people in case you're lurking and not posting. Everyone else, keep trying and good luck, I know y'all got this!
JustSomeChick
MD Class of 26'
Big fat R the day before thanksgiving lol! OOS but qual'd for IS tuition (born/raised in Mass). Good luck everyone!
Pre/post?Big fat R the day before thanksgiving lol! OOS but qual'd for IS tuition (born/raised in Mass). Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
braingeek0409
Full Member
Am I the only IS applicant being completely ignored? Complete silence since July.🥺 And is it worth sending a letter of interest if I have no substantial updates?
NormalUsername42
Full Member
Continuing review email this afternoon, interviewed 11/17
1. There's no secrecy/logic to crack. It means the admissions team assigned to your app has discussed it amongst themselves. I was told on my interview day that it basically means they've decided roughly what to do and when to do it. I interpret this as meaning they decide whether or not to bring your app to the admissions committee for acceptance, hold off until later to see how you stack up with other applicants, or reject you. FWIW, sometimes applicants just get accepted ~2 weeks after without the email and others in the same time frame with it. I think they just sometimes forget to send the update. How they decide who to accept is beyond me, but it usually isn't just raw stats.Q1. Did anyone ever crack the logic behind why most people get this AC email and 2 IS interviewees (reported here so far) got the A? It is obviously not based on stats.
Q2. Did anyone write to them to ask when we might hear back on the final decision? They said before March, but that's just obvious.
2. You can hear literally from now until late April. If you get waitlisted, you can hear up until August when classes start. It sucks, but that's how this process is. I appreciate UMass even sending us an update given what happens elsewhere haha
zoraktheattack
Full Member
Its Friday again. Good luck everyone!
Living_lIke_lisa
New Member
II a few minutes ago! OOS, Completed 9/14. It's my first interview invite of the cycle and MY GOD DOES IT FEEL GOOD!
Living_lIke_lisa
New Member
May I ask what you generally wrote about in your update letter? I am starting to brainstorm to send out updates, and I would appreciate it if you have any suggestions/advice!A this morning, in state!
Secondary complete 8/12, Interview 10/27
Received the AC two weeks ago, sent an update letter this past Monday and I guess it worked.
same here but IS. I was complete in like july lmaoII a few minutes ago! OOS, Completed 9/14. It's my first interview invite of the cycle and MY GOD DOES IT FEEL GOOD!
braingeek0409
Full Member
this made me hopefulsame here but IS. I was complete in like july lmao
none reported on SDN at leastHave any Post-II R's gone out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ananxiouspremedstudent
Full Member
A about 1 hour ago!! Interviewed 9/30!
+1, same interview date and date for the active consideration emailContinuing review email this afternoon, interviewed 11/17
It gave me a heart attack bc it opens with "Thank you for your interest" and I was sure it was a rejection lmao
zoraktheattack
Full Member
Congrats! Are you IS? And did you have any post-II correspondence with the school?A about 1 hour ago!! Interviewed 9/30!
ananxiouspremedstudent
Full Member
OOS! And yes I had an active consideration email on 10/22Congrats! Are you IS? And did you have any post-II correspondence with the school?
Have any early interviewers (Sept/Aug) heard anything after an AC???? Hope is dwindling..
clairevoyance
Admitted - MD
Just got the A this morning along with PURCH A! OOS no ties. Interviewed 10/15 and 10/29 for PURCH.
veryuncertain
Full Member
Interviewed in August and got AC in October then heard nothing. Feeling very discouraged but trying to hang in thereHave any early interviewers (Sept/Aug) heard anything after an AC???? Hope is dwindling..
ananxiouspremedstudent
Full Member
Are there any current students here who I could PM to ask for questions regarding the school? 😊
II just now! OOS, but strong ties. Complete 8/3. Earliest available dates were first week of February.
D
deleted1008763
Just interviewed and they have a super chill interview day 🙂
Got an interview in October last cycle and ended up getting waitlisted with an eventual R in August. Was tough to get that close because this has been my dream school for so long but went ahead and reapplied this year, unfortunately still have not heard anything. Any other reapplicants have any success or experience in this situation?
Edit: OOS due to some family situations growing up but have lived in Mass for 10+ years
Edit: OOS due to some family situations growing up but have lived in Mass for 10+ years
D
deleted965595
Awfully quiet for a Friday…Any new AC movement for anyone?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just thinking this as well. Nothing on my end unfortunatelyAwfully quiet for a Friday…Any new AC movement for anyone?
AC this past Tuesday (12/7) and interviewed 11/23I was just thinking this as well. Nothing on my end unfortunately
sorry if this is a silly question, but is the interview open or closed file? I understand it is mmi format, but do the raters know anything about our applications?
Closed file! The raters don't know anything besides your name. Best of luck with your interview!sorry if this is a silly question, but is the interview open or closed file? I understand it is mmi format, but do the raters know anything about our applications?