You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats!! When were you complete if you dont mind me asking?Woah, +1 II! Very surprised and excited 😀
Thanks! Sorry, forgot to include: I was complete 8/6Congrats!! When were you complete if you dont mind me asking?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha, I'm in disbelief myself. Thank you so much, I wish you continued success as well!!omg. cornell and now sinai. cannot say im not a lil jealous! congrats, I am sure it is well-deserved! 🙂
II! Was not expecting this one, complete 7/3
Pretty much every Wednesday and Friday in NovemberWhat interview dates are available right now?
DoctorFlyHigh
Full Member
+1 II here too! So excited!
D
deleted1092328
Interview drought has ended!!!!!!
II MSTP
Complete 9/24
II MSTP
Complete 9/24
Do they accept updates?
YesDo they accept updates?
D
deleted965595
So…it looks like, barring a lot of exceptions, IIs go out on Wednesdays and Fridays. So I'm just going to ignore those exceptions and say tomorrow is logically the day another wave of IIs will come out. :|
This is the type of research we need 😤💯✊🏽So…it looks like, barring a lot of exceptions, IIs go out on Wednesdays and Fridays. So I'm just going to ignore those exceptions and say tomorrow is logically the day another wave of IIs will come out. :|
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How would that even work now with all the interviews being virtual?I looked at the portal and saw the option to upload an In the Area Request. Any idea on how much weight these carry?
212kindofgal
Full Member
Icahn is 10 mins away from where I live so id like to know about this as wellHow would that even work now with all the interviews being virtual?
It's a relic from when IIs were in person. Some schools, like Mt. Sinai, were open to accommodating you if you were coming in from out of town for another II, and would be receptive to either moving your II so you wouldn't have to make separate trips, or would even move up your review to maybe give you an II in time to be able to coordinate with the other school.Icahn is 10 mins away from where I live so id like to know about this as well
It means nothing in a world of virtual IIs, and is probably just there for when IIs go back to in person. In any case, it never meant anything for locals, since you are literally always ITA. 🙂
fafobasquiat
Full Member
From my interview day I think I recall them saying they're releasing post-II decisions in January. Can someone confirm?
mdphd63627
Full Member
February for MSTP, not sure about MDFrom my interview day I think I recall them saying they're releasing post-II decisions in January. Can someone confirm?
Drinking-coffeeeeee
Full Member
I believe you are right! I have january in my notes from my interview day as wellFrom my interview day I think I recall them saying they're releasing post-II decisions in January. Can someone confirm?
For me one was super chill, like actually one of the nicest faculty interviews u can imagine, and the second seemed like he was trying to grill me and stress me out so my guess is it can really go any wayHey guys, can anyone give me a sense of the vibe with regards to Mt. Sinai interviews? People that I know from Mt. Sinai generally say that the school is uptight AF and that interviews can be really stressful. Can anyone confirm or deny?
Drinking-coffeeeeee
Full Member
My interviews were super chill / conversational! I really think it depends on what interviewer you getHey guys, can anyone give me a sense of the vibe with regards to Mt. Sinai interviews? People that I know from Mt. Sinai generally say that the school is uptight AF and that interviews can be really stressful. Can anyone confirm or deny?
My interviews were super chill / conversational! I really think it depends on what interviewer you get
Thank you so much guys! Really appreciate it 🙂For me one was super chill, like actually one of the nicest faculty interviews u can imagine, and the second seemed like he was trying to grill me and stress me out so my guess is it can really go any way
fafobasquiat
Full Member
All these emails from the admissions office talking about how awesome their program is make me wish it could be January already so I can find out if they want me or not
I was also about to ask this. Any insight?Does this school send Pre-II R's? I was complete late July and it has been radio silent.
capybarANON
Full Member
I was also about to ask this. Any insight?
Also complete late July + haven't heard anything. Hoping the relative quiet of the thread means they are just slow/not going in order...Does this school send Pre-II R's? I was complete late July and it has been radio silent.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1111654
So rejections have begun?
212kindofgal
Full Member
Complete mid-July and haven't heard a peep. Not feeling too good tho ://
Received Pre-II R today. Secondary submitted early July
gogomed0000
Full Member
So it would seem. But either they're not sending a ton out right now or this thread is just a little quieter maybe?So rejections have begun?
aquiestoytratando
Full Member
Holy moly!! II!! Complete 8/13.
D
deleted1119853
Pre-II R. Lizzy M 76, WARS 85 but low clinical and shadowing hours. Complete late August.
Hello. Has anyone sent letters of interest yet? I'm thinking about sending one. Do they accept interest letters?
I sent a hefty update/letter of interest 1 week ago, nothing yet (uploaded on portal). Not sure if I should also notify over emailHello. Has anyone sent letters of interest yet? I'm thinking about sending one. Do they accept interest letters?
Thank you! I might as well. Won't hurt right ? 😂I sent a hefty update/letter of interest 1 week ago, nothing yet (uploaded on portal). Not sure if I should also notify over email
For what its worth, I sent an update pre-II and got an interview invite ~4 weeks later. Not sure if it had any effect but worth a shot!I sent a hefty update/letter of interest 1 week ago, nothing yet (uploaded on portal). Not sure if I should also notify over email
Lm?For what its worth, I sent an update pre-II and got an interview invite ~4 weeks later. Not sure if it had any effect but worth a shot!
Thanks!! Did you send an email along with the upload or no? I'm leaning toward not doing soFor what its worth, I sent an update pre-II and got an interview invite ~4 weeks later. Not sure if it had any effect but worth a shot!
Also uploaded an update through portal only and got an II after! No email, no LOI, just a document with significant updates via portalThanks!! Did you send an email along with the upload or no? I'm leaning toward not doing so
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No email just uploaded through the portal 🙂Thanks!! Did you send an email along with the upload or no? I'm leaning toward not doing so
Came to talk about how I feel this school doesn’t actually exist and we are collectively hallucinating but saw we are stanning @MorningnightI like to vicariously live through @morningrnight. They are also so nice in all their posts, been a big fan since the start of this cycle. They definitely deserve it.
Tbh I love them and I don’t know them in real life lol.
I hope everyone has had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend though.
Sending love and a happy holidays to everyone! It's crazy to think we're getting close to wrapping up the whirlwind that is 2021.Came to talk about how I feel this school doesn’t actually exist and we are collectively hallucinating but saw we are stanning @Morningnight
Tbh I love them and I don’t know them in real life lol.
I hope everyone has had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend though.
gogomed0000
Full Member
I just wrote an update letter and spelled Icahn as Ichan. Oops.
GrayCanary21
Full Member
Pre-II R just now, complete 8/25. Was really starting to think this school didn't exist 😅