2021-2022 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the acceptance email and the portal updated with offer 🙏
+1

Cannot believe this is real. Any of you lovely lucky souls who have already received a scholarship offer, did you fill out any financial aid forms/submit fafsa before getting the offer? Thanks in advance :) and go bears

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
+1

Cannot believe this is real. Any of you lovely lucky souls who have already received a scholarship offer, did you fill out any financial aid forms/submit fafsa before getting the offer? Thanks in advance :) and go bears
I did not! I think it’s solely merit based. CONGRATULATIONS!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know historically if you can negotiate/increase merit scholarships here?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know historically if you can negotiate/increase merit scholarships here?
I remember the financial aid rep saying they don't increase financial aid packages based on what other schools provide, unsure about merit scholarships. Also curious as to when we'd know by the latest if we'd get a merit scholarship. I'm afraid that money will be freed up after the PTE date but I probably can't PTE here without a scholarship 😬

When are merit scholarships released?
I don’t think there is a specific timeline because it depends when the scholarships committee meets and how many new students they have to review, but it seems like most people hear back within a few weeks of their acceptance.

+1

I don’t think you need to submit any additional documentation for merit scholarships but if you want to be considered for need-based scholarships (which they also have a lot of funding for), then you will need to submit all the financial aid documentation.

Reactions: 2 users
I heard about my merit scholarship a few days after my acceptance prior to submitting financial aid info

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
When are merit scholarships released?
On the tuition letter portion of the portal it says merit scholarships are typically awarded in mid to late April! So I think there’s still hope for those of us who haven’t heard :)

You will prob get an email early next week! April 8-9 (starts afternoon on the 8th), lodging and food expenses covered
This might be dumb but does anyone know if that means we still need to book a hotel and they'll reimburse us or do they take care of the lodging completely?

This might be dumb but does anyone know if that means we still need to book a hotel and they'll reimburse us or do they take care of the lodging completely?
This is not dumb I have the same question. Hopefully we get an email soon bc flights are expensy

Also, are we expecting calls today? Really getting anxious lol

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Also, yesterday my AMCAS CYMS portal updated with WashU for those who would like to PTE.

Telling @iHawk_MD that we were both going to get Geffen after we survived the UCLA WL wave seemed to make us both get the rejection. So maybe I should publicly state we are both going to get rejected at WUSTL to summon the acceptance vibes with full ride vibes?

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Telling @iHawk_MD that we were both going to get Geffen after we survived the UCLA WL wave seemed to make us both get the rejection. So maybe I should publicly state we are both going to get rejected at WUSTL to summon the acceptance vibes with full ride vibes?
I support you 100%

Been away from technology for the weekend, came back to find this. Lets get this R!

I've known many people getting this email with a different specter of MCAT scores... First they recieved the ad about the resource on how yo cite poetry in an essay and missinterpretated with the scores more info. Lol, but after the inspection they figured ou that is was just a confusion.
I had a similar situation.

Congrats to all of you; you are awesome!

Last edited:
Lowkey… imma call the committee tmr and ask bc I saw that someone else did that on last years thread (lord help me im losing my MIND lurkin out here)… I’ll lyk 😭

• Wow
Reactions: 10 users
Lowkey… imma call the committee tmr and ask bc I saw that someone else did that on last years thread (lord help me im losing my MIND lurkin out here)… I’ll lyk 😭
I called the admissions office (not committee, rather the office) today asking about how many students they’ve admitted so far as well as how many they accept annually. Basically they said the admissions committee is “tight-lipped” and doesn’t give much information about their agenda. They also said that it is a rolling admission (is it really tho???) and that acceptances go until the day classes start (which I assume they are referring to waitlisted people). Basically a reiteration of what is on their website. No new info.

You can try to call, maybe you’ll have better luck getting some new intel

I called the admissions office (not committee, rather the office) today asking about how many students they’ve admitted so far as well as how many they accept annually. Basically they said the admissions committee is “tight-lipped” and doesn’t give much information about their agenda. They also said that it is a rolling admission (is it really tho???) and that acceptances go until the day classes start (which I assume they are referring to waitlisted people). Basically a reiteration of what is on their website. No new info.

You can try to call, maybe you’ll have better luck getting some new intel
Not sure if this helps, but there are currently 258 people in the Facebook group so far and it appears about 15-20 of them are current students.

Edit: to clarify, there may be way more current students in the group… not 100% sure

Last edited:
I think washu has a post-II A rate of ~35% including the WL, so there are def more As that will be going out, it just might unfortunately be after May 2nd :( the wait is tough