2021-2022 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! When are they scheduling?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II just now. Scheduling as early as Jan 11.

Reactions: 2 users
For the people that were accepted, congrats!! Also, did you send a post-II letter of intent?

Members don't see this ad :)
For the people that were accepted, congrats!! Also, did you send a post-II letter of intent?
I didn't. I sent a publication update tho a few weeks prior to the A. Since they were my undergrad I was planning on sending continued interest but didn't get around to it before the A

Reactions: 1 users
I didn't. I sent a publication update tho a few weeks prior to the A. Since they were my undergrad I was planning on sending continued interest but didn't get around to it before the A
did you upload your update directly to the portal or send it to the admissions email?

Does anyone happen to know when the last II invites are sent out?

same with the II today!
but there are no interview dates available, guess I'll email them

• Love
II invite today! Complete mid July, interview scheduling dates starting from mid January. I was quite shocked because I thought schools are generally done with interviews haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received MD II after MSTP R in October!

• Love
Received an II just now, sent no update letters. Earliest dates in February.

• Love
II here this morning as well!! Complete 7/1

Do y'all think we're just interviewing for waitlist spots in February?
No. The concept is nothing more than a hyper-neurotic SDN myth. Maybe in April at a few schools, plus I know @Goro spread the word that his DO does it every year, and began last year earlier than usual due to its embarrassment of riches in terms of a flood of applicants.

It's important to keep in mind that part of DO schools' business model is kind of predatory, insofar as they send out early As that require early, large, non-refundable deposits in order to generate some revenue from applicants who will later withdraw to go to better DO or MD schools. These schools thereafter make liberal use of their WLs, by design, so interviewing for their WLs is actually not such a terrible thing.

MD schools, OTOH, absolutely do not do this, and certainly not T20s! Are there ANY MD schools that are done issuing As prior to February? If so, I haven't heard of them in nearly 3 years on SDN.

MD schools tend to have a defined interview season. Some end in December, others anytime from January through March or April. They know how to pace themselves, and don't waste time scheduling interviews for people they are not going to be able to accept, no matter how much they like them. Plenty of people will ultimately end up on the WL, but it won't be simply because they interviewed sometime in the new year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Do you guys think this is the final wave of II's since they finish interviewing in February and the dates from other posts suggest that February dates are being offered...

Anyone here who interviewed early November and anxiously waiting for a call...

Idk if I'm misremembering, but I was under the impression that some As will trickle out but the bulk of decisions will come in March. I seem to recall during my mid-Nov interview that someone said it could be anytime until March that we hear back, and that they're pretty slow.

Idk if I'm misremembering, but I was under the impression that some As will trickle out but the bulk of decisions will come in March. I seem to recall during my mid-Nov interview that someone said it could be anytime until March that we hear back, and that they're pretty slow.
Ah okay, thanks for the clarification! I haven't interviewed yet so the idea of interviewing for rolling admissions late in the cycle was a little spooky haha

Also, does anyone have any general tips for the one-way interview (if you can disclose)? Is it similar to Casper style questions, or more traditional interview questions?

Yes, this is what I heard during my interview as well. It’s a long time to ruminate and pick apart my application for weaknesses lol

• Care
Hey all, hope you guys are having a good holiday. Was wondering if anyone who received an II would be willing to give me feedback on my secondaries for WashU (no rush since its the holidays). Best of luck to everyone!
I'd be happy to help out.

Hey all, hope you guys are having a good holiday. Was wondering if anyone who received an II would be willing to give me feedback on my secondaries for WashU (no rush since its the holidays). Best of luck to everyone!
Sure. Send away

anyone else get super anxious about decisions and waiting? i’m trying to find better ways to deal and not overthink so much. also don’t love that i probably won’t know my decision until march. being in limbo is exhausting

For those that have interviewed, what was the standardized video interview like.?Specifically was it easier/harder than the CASPER? Did you prepare for it like you would prepare for the CASPER? Can you write or type notes? Did you dress professionally? What was the timing of the questions/allotted time to answer?

Sorry for all the questions, everything I find online feels very vague, so any info just to contextualize exactly what it is would be so helpful.

For those that have interviewed, what was the standardized video interview like.?Specifically was it easier/harder than the CASPER? Did you prepare for it like you would prepare for the CASPER? Can you write or type notes? Did you dress professionally? What was the timing of the questions/allotted time to answer?

Sorry for all the questions, everything I find online feels very vague, so any info just to contextualize exactly what it is would be so helpful.
Easier than Casper
You can write down notes with pen/paper
Dressed professionally
It's been a while but I think it was short, 90 seconds maybe.. less than 3 minutes for sure.

• Care
Easier than Casper
You can write down notes with pen/paper
Dressed professionally
It's been a while but I think it was short, 90 seconds maybe.. less than 3 minutes for sure.
Thank you!

What's the vibe for the Why WashU Wednesday? Aka do I need to change out of this hoodie or not. Is this a camera on or camera off sort of deal

Do you guys think II's are still going out? Or is that portion of the cycle already through...

What's the vibe for the Why WashU Wednesday? Aka do I need to change out of this hoodie or not. Is this a camera on or camera off sort of deal
It runs the gamut from people with suits on/camera on to casual outfit/camera on to camera off. Plenty of people in each category. I have gone camera off most times because the sessions often overlap with my commute so I just listen in.

Just interviewed and was very impressed! Both of the interviews were so conversational and probably some of my easier and more productive interviews. They basically allowed me to talk about what I wanted so definitely just be prepared to talk about what you want to cover during the interviews. But guys, don’t stress it because they were so incredibly nice and clearly were looking for ways to advocate for me and get to know me. The standardized video interview was a bit rough to be honest — but it sounds like it’s not waited too heavily (definitely less than the actual interviews) and I know people who bombed it last year and got in, so I’m trying not to stress 🥴

Reactions: 5 users