You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Eastern Virginia
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1140676
I basically just asked them if they have any updates on my application. They didn't even respond lol just sent me the secondaryWhat did you send them in your initial email? I was verified like a month ago. I have completed almost all of my secondaries but I still haven't received EVMS one so I'm very very confused. I didn't get any emails from them at all (none in the spam folder either)
What did you send them in your initial email? I was verified like a month ago. I have completed almost all of my secondaries but I still haven't received EVMS one so I'm very very confused. I didn't get any emails from them at all (none in the spam folder either)
Someone on Reddit contacted EVMS and the admissions office said that they are still processing all the primary applications so it might be sometime before everyone gets a secondaryStill have not received a secondary. My amcas was verified 6/9.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1140762
So I probably shouldn't email them? lolSomeone on Reddit contacted EVMS and the admissions office said that they are still processing all the primary applications so it might be sometime before everyone gets a secondary
confusedonceagain
Full Member
Have you gotten one yet? 7/24 still no complete email for meI'm in the same boat, I submitted 7/22. I might wait till next week or something before reaching out.
D
deleted1120105
I submitted like over a week ago and still no complete email.Have you gotten one yet? 7/24 still no complete email for me
Finally received complete email today after submitting secondary a couple weeks ago
Finally received the email for secondary!!!!! OOS
premed122000
Full Member
For the “describe yourself and your medical career as you see it ten years from now”
Would it be okay to describe myself using non-medical experience first, and then weave it into a medical-related topic?
Idk I think I might sound stupid here… I was thinking about sharing a story about doing diy projects with my dad (problem solving stuff) and mention how this translated into discovering some of my interests in medicine
The other route I was gonna take was sharing a story about my grandfather and his knee surgeries. I gained an interest to work in geriatrics, etc etc
Would it be okay to describe myself using non-medical experience first, and then weave it into a medical-related topic?
Idk I think I might sound stupid here… I was thinking about sharing a story about doing diy projects with my dad (problem solving stuff) and mention how this translated into discovering some of my interests in medicine
The other route I was gonna take was sharing a story about my grandfather and his knee surgeries. I gained an interest to work in geriatrics, etc etc
IS primary verified 7/5 and still haven't got a secondary lol at this point I don't think I will oh well
Dr. Zezima
Full Member
think you got screened out?IS primary verified 7/5 and still haven't got a secondary lol at this point I don't think I will oh well
very likelythink you got screened out?
D
deleted1140762
I’m in a similar position. Are you going to reach out to admissions?very likely
I was wondering this as well, my diversity is related to a hobby I excelled in but not sure if that fits with the questionMy other diversity secondary responses have been based off my engineering background…do y’all think that fits in with what question 6 is asking or should I just leave it blank?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
scaredpremedgui
Full Member
Yeah, I ended up leaving it blank. Maybe I should’ve tried to but I didn’t wanna force it.I was wondering this as well, my diversity is related to a hobby I excelled in but not sure if that fits with the question
I totally get that! I'll probably do the same, thank youYeah, I ended up leaving it blank. Maybe I should’ve tried to but I didn’t wanna force it.
I got an email that my application was on hold because of incomplete letters, but I have all of my letters? Not sure what to do
EMWannaBeDoc22
Full Member
I got an email that my application was on hold because of incomplete letters, but I have all of my letters? Not sure what to do
Hey I had that too. I emailed them back with how my letters fit their requirements and then got the complete email in 12 hours
D
deleted1022805
How many characters are y'all writing for the 10 years question?
How many characters are y'all writing for the 10 years question?
i had like 1100 i believe
D
deleted1140762
MSAR says 502 for the MCAT, but nothing about GPA. I still haven't received a secondary either...Does anyone know what the screening is for them? I thought I would have passed it but maybe I didn't as a non-trad...
sw2090
Full Member
Yeah I'm worried about the GPA side. Might shoot them an email mid next week if I don't hear anything.MSAR says 502 for the MCAT, but nothing about GPA. I still haven't received a secondary either...
I have a 3.1 and got their secondary. So if they do have a GPA screen, its pretty lowYeah I'm worried about the GPA side. Might shoot them an email mid next week if I don't hear anything.
I heard it’s grades somewhat and ECs. Specifically service hoursDoes anyone know what the screening is for them? I thought I would have passed it but maybe I didn't as a non-trad...
sw2090
Full Member
I should have passed this and the MCAT benchmark. Might just because I added them as a school fairly late. Thanks!I have a 3.1 and got their secondary. So if they do have a GPA screen, its pretty low
D
deleted1120105
i still have not received a complete email and its been two weeks 🙁(
i added them like 2-3 days ago and got the secondary today. maybe email them?I should have passed this and the MCAT benchmark. Might just because I added them as a school fairly late. Thanks!
D
deleted1140762
Just spoke with admissions and they told me I was under further review due to my GPA being "too low." Primary complete on 6/9. According to msar, they have accepted people with GPAs as low as 3.2c/3.0s OOS. My GPAs are much higher than that and my MCAT is near their average. Oh well, I guess. Maybe that gives some of you still waiting on a secondary some answers.
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You mean your primary was verified on 6/9?Just spoke with admissions and they told me I was under further review due to my GPA being "too low." I was complete on 6/9. According to msar, they have accepted people with GPAs as low as 3.2c/3.0s OOS. My GPAs are much higher than that and my MCAT is near their average. Oh well, I guess. Maybe that gives some of you still waiting on a secondary some answers.
D
deleted1140762
Correct. I’ll edit that.You mean your primary was verified on 6/9?
Cool cool, just clarifying. I hope they give you a chance :/Correct. I’ll edit that.
But that answer doesn't explain anything even in your case. How is your GPA "too low" if it's well above than 3.2c/3.0s? My stats are 3.9/510 and I haven't received a secondary either. They responded to my email today saying my app is still under review.Just spoke with admissions and they told me I was under further review due to my GPA being "too low." Primary complete on 6/9. According to msar, they have accepted people with GPAs as low as 3.2c/3.0s OOS. My GPAs are much higher than that and my MCAT is near their average. Oh well, I guess. Maybe that gives some of you still waiting on a secondary some answers.
I heard they have a service requirement like non clinical and clinical volunteering requirements, but not 100% positiveBut that answer doesn't explain anything even in your case. How is your GPA "too low" if it's well above than 3.2c/3.0s? My stats are 3.9/510 and I haven't received a secondary either. They responded to my email today saying my app is still under review.
ConsumerOfCoins
Full Member
I have literally no clinical volunteering; all of mine is paid and I got a secondary, and this dude's GPA is way better than mine.I heard they have a service requirement like non clinical and clinical volunteering requirements, but not 100% positive
oh, maybe it was VCU, also heard from friend maybe he just assumedI have literally no clinical volunteering; all of mine is paid and I got a secondary, and this dude's GPA is way better than mine.
I have plenty of both and still no secondary 🤔I heard they have a service requirement like non clinical and clinical volunteering requirements, but not 100% positive
reach out to them then, might be sending in batches idkI have plenty of both and still no secondary 🤔
D
deleted1140762
We have the same mcat but my GPA is in the 3.4s. I have plenty of service hours, paid clinical, and research hours. Perhaps the person I talked to was misinformed as I think it was just the front office. I didn’t ask any specifics about what was meant by “too low.” She said something about a SMP and I just stopped listening after that. Fingers crossed we both hear something soon!But that answer doesn't explain anything even in your case. How is your GPA "too low" if it's well above than 3.2c/3.0s? My stats are 3.9/510 and I haven't received a secondary either. They responded to my email today saying my app is still under review.
after an eternity got their secondary today. IS and primary verified on 7/5
hopefully you get a secondary!Just spoke with admissions and they told me I was under further review due to my GPA being "too low." Primary complete on 6/9. According to msar, they have accepted people with GPAs as low as 3.2c/3.0s OOS. My GPAs are much higher than that and my MCAT is near their average. Oh well, I guess. Maybe that gives some of you still waiting on a secondary some answers.
you can see my abysmal stats in my signature, and i received one recently. OOS, verified 6/28
D
deleted1140762
Thanks! I’m thinking it’s likely that she misspoke. My stats are well within their ranges.hopefully you get a secondary!
you can see my abysmal stats in my signature, and i received one recently. OOS, verified 6/28
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
friend, this is anything but abysmal, this is a bada** redemption arc if anything, and if a school doesn't see it that way they can politefully kick rockshopefully you get a secondary!
you can see my abysmal stats in my signature, and i received one recently. OOS, verified 6/28
D
deleted1139574
What an obnoxious secondary to write, so long
it probably doesn't matter but you would most likely get a faster answer by callingIs it better to call or email? Or it doesn't really matter
Submitted but then belatedly realized that I didn't include my one future course on the prereqs...RIP