2022-2023 Eastern Virginia

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received secondary on 7/22 and was in the process of submitting it. This morning I received an email saying they cannot extend a secondary invitation. This happened to anyone? I have written to them. Don't know if I should proceed with the submission.

Edit: finally received the R. Apparently it was sent in error!
 
Last edited:
Pre II R, verified July 8 but added them mid July.

Curious did everyone's R include a message about joining their Master's program? Or that a nudge that my GPA wasn't strong enough
 
Pre II R but did not get the message. You have achieved a distinction 😉
Really loving this distinction of being R by both Virginia schools I applied too lol. My email was titled as a recommendation and came with the message below (along with the rejection).

If you are not successful in gaining acceptance into medical school this year, you might consider a Master's Program which is offered by a number of medical schools including Eastern Virginia Medical School. Our program provides an opportunity for highly motivated students to improve their academic credentials by demonstrating their academic abilities in a rigorous medical school environment. The program provides students with a stronger academic background that helps them be more competitive applicants to medical school.
 
Really loving this distinction of being R by both Virginia schools I applied too lol. My email was titled as a recommendation and came with the message below (along with the rejection).

If you are not successful in gaining acceptance into medical school this year, you might consider a Master's Program which is offered by a number of medical schools including Eastern Virginia Medical School. Our program provides an opportunity for highly motivated students to improve their academic credentials by demonstrating their academic abilities in a rigorous medical school environment. The program provides students with a stronger academic background that helps them be more competitive applicants to medical school.

This is what I got... short and unsweet. Good luck to everyone. Just remember: you are not alone.

EVMS receives numerous applications each year; however, we do not have enough seats in the class to accept everyone. After reviewing your application, the MD Admissions Committee is unable to offer you a secondary application for the Doctor of Medicine Program this admissions cycle.
We wish you well in your future endeavors.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is what I got... short and unsweet. Good luck to everyone. Just remember: you are not alone.

EVMS receives numerous applications each year; however, we do not have enough seats in the class to accept everyone. After reviewing your application, the MD Admissions Committee is unable to offer you a secondary application for the Doctor of Medicine Program this admissions cycle.
We wish you well in your future endeavors.

Interesting... Probably because I'm a post-bacc applicant like @pedroiafan6969.

Welp cycle is just starting so trying to keep the hopes up. Best of luck to those who received them!