2022-2023 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone I can DM about some questions I have for timeline and curriculum for this school?

Reactions: 1 user
I was trying to ask the same thing, they said July 10 in my info session but I am not too sure.
same for me but they said it was waiting for approval snd that if it didnt get approved it would be june 10th so im wondering if they did

same for me but they said it was waiting for approval snd that if it didnt get approved it would be june 10th so im wondering if they did
when was your info session? Mine was recent and the student said their official start day was July 10 but was not sure if this applied to first years.

Members don't see this ad :)
when was your info session? Mine was recent and the student said their official start day was July 10 but was not sure if this applied to first years.
Orientation is a week starting on July 10th assuming the new curriculum is approved

Hey guys! First time posting! International student (US undergrad, US grad), turned in my secondary in Aug, still noting till today! No interview no rejection from MSUCOM. Should I email them? or should I wait it out? Thanks!

Hey guys! First time posting! International student (US undergrad, US grad), turned in my secondary in Aug, still noting till today! No interview no rejection from MSUCOM. Should I email them? or should I wait it out? Thanks!
never hurts to reach out and ask for an update!

Due to recent events on campus, I would wait until Monday to reach out. Campus is running on kind of a skeleton crew this week.

Reactions: 7 users
I am in the exact same boat. International student. Complete late July.

I read that international applicants are reviewed much later in the cycle. Idk if its true or what
nah im international. i submitted my secondary 9/2 and got an II 4 days later so unfortunately, I dont think that's the case

Just wondering do they tell you what tier of the waitlist you are on?
If you are waitlisted, I believe you are notified by email. The email also has your tier. You will need to accept your spot on the waitlist through the admissions website.

Does anyone know how likely it is to get accepted off of the second tier waitlist?
Waitlist movement here is generally pretty good, but it depends year-to-year on what happens with the accepted students. Some years they have dipped into the 2nd tier waitlist, but others they didn't even get through the entire 1st tier waitlist. There's really no way to predict the likelihood of what will happen this year.

I feel like this needs to be addressed but is anyone feeling a little iffy about applying here after recent events? Curious what everyone else is thinking.

Recent events?
I believe she is referring to the mass shooting that happened on the MSU EL campus.
Realistically, this can happen anywhere. It was a true heartbreaking tragedy & our country is facing a true epidemic re: this.
I have many friends and family that all attend MSU, it is a huge campus, but it is also a safe one.
Bad things can happen anywhere, at anytime. It is the unfortunate reality that we face today.

Reactions: 1 users
I feel like this needs to be addressed but is anyone feeling a little iffy about applying here after recent events? Curious what everyone else is thinking.
Is it unfair of me to say that nowhere in the US is safe from gun violence and that while it was Michigan in the news recently, it could very well have been anywhere else in this strange country where regular people with no qualifications casually carry guns?

Reactions: 2 users
did any late jan interviewees hear back yet?

Pre-II R just received. Best of luck to you guys!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
How soon after the interview, did anyone hear back with a decision??

Received an II yesterday afternoon (OOS, complete 7/4). Just declined it since I'm extremely grateful to have other offers I'd attend over MSUCOM and hope it can go to someone else. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Why would you feel iffy? This is the USA where any school/student body can be the victim of gun violence, unfortunately. There is nothing inherently unsafe about MSU or Michigan. The question I would really ask is how did the school and MSUCOM respond? From my perspective, MSUCOM did a pretty darn good job. We have been given a great deal of flexibility in terms of required activities, exams have been made optional, faculty have come together to support students in various ways, as has the student body. If you want a school and peers that actually care about your well-being, this is a good one.

Reactions: 8 users
Completed 11/1 IS Decent Stats (507 3.8)
Any chances to hear back soon :(

Anyone knows where to find the sites tour on their website? I am interested to visit.