2022-2023 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when classes start? Or when orientation would be?

Any accepted students from Canada? Free free to reach out - we are looking to start a group chat for incoming Canadians at MSUCOM!

Anyone know if there will be any waitlist movement for DMC?
There may be some but likely not much at this point. I was put on the waitlist Dec 5th and was told it had gone to waitlist earlier that day. I got a spot at DMC in March

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard in previous years that this school's interview format was MMI, but to my understanding, it is now just one 30-minute interview. Is that right? So the whole interview day is just an interview half hour with the supplemental information given in the separate zoom meetings on different days (aka the student panel and admissions overview).

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Are interviews now for waitlist only or are seats still available?
i have an interview next week and want to know as well. i have a feeling it’ll be only WL at this point in the cycle looking at last years thread

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if they are still giving out interview invites? I still haven’t heard anything since September, no rejections either.

Does anyone know if they are still giving out interview invites? I still haven’t heard anything since September, no rejections either.
I just got an II this morning!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
When I did the admissions overview session on Monday, they said seats are still open at Macomb and EL, so not just interviewing for waitlist

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you! I interviewed 1/23. I'm kind of shocked, because I am OOS, and even though my GPA is great, my MCAT was below their norm. I'm very non-trad/unique story though so that probably helped.
If you don't mind me asking, what was your MCAT? I want to apply this cycle and wanted to get as much information I can get because my MCAT is also very low.

received II invite OOS - application complete in early September

Stupid question but do we need to choose DO schools like we need to for AMCAS?
Look carefully at the deadlines given to you by each DO program.
It seems to work a little differently than AMCAS because many DO schools will set a deadline by which you need to put down a substantial deposit to hold your seat.
If you don't meet the deposit deadline, your opportunity goes to someone else.
I think what happens is most people will put a deposit at the first school that accepts them, and then if more offers come their way, they should make the decision one by one: "Stay with what I've got, or switch over to the new school's offer?"
Depending on how early or late you withdraw from one of your schools, you might lose that deposit.
Your deposit at the school you ultimately choose will be credited towards your tuition/fees.

Look carefully at the deadlines given to you by each DO program.
It seems to work a little differently than AMCAS because many DO schools will set a deadline by which you need to put down a substantial deposit to hold your seat.
If you don't meet the deposit deadline, your opportunity goes to someone else.
I think what happens is most people will put a deposit at the first school that accepts them, and then if more offers come their way, they should make the decision one by one: "Stay with what I've got, or switch over to the new school's offer?"
Depending on how early or late you withdraw from one of your schools, you might lost that deposit.
Your deposit at the school you ultimately choose will be credited towards your tuition/fees.
thank you! i am constantly worried that i am going to miss a step and fall behind / lose my seat

Stupid question but do we need to choose DO schools like we need to for AMCAS?
No such thing as stupid questions. This entire process is stressful and hard to navigate, that is one of the many reasons these forums even exist. When it comes to questions, always ask. I made the mistake of delaying taking a late interview date at a school, because of my class load and by the time my interview date came around for that school the class was already almost complete full. If you have questions that could impact any of this, do not hesitate to ask!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Got the acceptance call today! Got the call around 2 CST today. Interviewed 2/7. OOS, URM, LizzyM: 67.

I’m literally losing my mind waiting for a decision! 4 weeks feels like forever!

From what I understand, all three MSUCOM campuses have the same lectures and same tests, correct? Does it mean the lectures are streamed from one campus to the other two, or will there be 3 in person lectures going on at 3 places?

The campuses do differ in terms of research resources and elective courses, is that correct?

From what I understand, all three MSUCOM campuses have the same lectures and same tests, correct? Does it mean the lectures are streamed from one campus to the other two, or will there be 3 in person lectures going on at 3 places?

The campuses do differ in terms of research resources and elective courses, is that correct?
For live lectures, there will be one lecturer at one campus that is streamed to the other campuses and you can tune in via Zoom from home unless there is a mandatory in-person event. Most lectures are recorded for viewing later as well. They do a pretty decent job of splitting up the campus that has the lecturer as well.

They do differ a little in terms of research resources just depending on the faculty at your site, but by no means is any campus lacking in research opportunities. There are a few electives that can only be done on the EL campus, sports OMT comes to mind, but it's really only one or two.