2022-2023 UC Davis

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Enough with this nonsense.

What is your end goal here? Make several unhinged posts with inflammatory buzzwords then delete the posts? what are you even arguing for? You haven’t defined what “wokeism” is. you just keep saying it like it means something and accusing UC Davis of only accepting “woke” people with 0 evidence. Read the room.
 
Last edited:
Enough with this nonsense.

So to support your opinion piece you post another opinion piece. I read through the second one and the writer’s arguments are terrible. He makes huge jumps and makes statements with little evidence.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have any idea what the "Speak with the Dean" station for the MMI is like??
You’re given a prompt, like any other station, and you’ll be told in the prompt that you’re speaking with the dean. It’s a pretty easygoing discussion and the dean will also get to know u too. 6 mins is really short, so you’ll want to space your responses appropriately. you’re gonna have a great time 🙂
 
@medicali22 I understand why you are saying this and to be honest a lot of this process isn't fair. The best thing anyone can do is try to do their best, work really hard, and do activities that you enjoy that will let you stand out. I have a LM of 76.5 (519 mcat and 3.95 sGPA) but haven't had much success honestly. Nothing to do expect for work hard and look for ways to improve yourself so you can make a real difference in patients lives as a doctor. If you want it it will happen!
Biden's deep state DEI enforcers in action. These medical schools have no hope.
 
Biden's deep state DEI enforcers in action. These medical schools have no hope.
Hi friend, I think most med schools (including Davis) are moving away from strictly using GPAs and MCATs bc we’ve seen that those measures aren’t great at predicting success in medical school or as doctors. Med schools want to see that you’ve engaged with people who are different from you and had the types of impactful experiences that will allow you to empathize with your patients and recognize the ways in which their circumstances might shape their health. If you’re not having the success you were hoping for this cycle, it’s probably not because of your race, socioeconomic status, gender, etc. it’s probably because of your attitude. But best of luck to you and I hope you get into a school that broadens your perspective and opens your mind, because I for one would not want a doctor with such an apparent lack of curiosity / empathy
 
Last edited:
Hey guys, for those that apply to to the PRIME program have you heard back for II’s? I submitted my secondary mid July and it has been radio silence since, but I heard that PRIME II are sent out later….

Does anyone have an insight on this? Or am I just trying to deny the possibility of R. 🫣
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks! To preface, I’m non trad and did a post bacc and have a hefty amount of scribing hours and community-based work experience.
MCAT: 506
Undergrad cGPA: 3.31
Postbac: 3.96
When did you submit your secondary? If you don’t mind me asking.
 
Does anyone know the approximate % of those who get off the waitlist? I know MSAR doesn't have any info on this, but was wondering if anyone on this thread knew?
 
After sending a thank you letter, did anyone receive a confirmation email or response or how do we know they got it?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad