You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 UC Davis
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I think they interview based on stats first. Seems like the people who got an II and acceptance had high stats. I was complete in aug and nothing yet but my stats are a bit lower
+1 does anyone know? lol I didn't even realize that you were on "hold" until scores were released, would have taken it much earlier if I had realized.
D
deleted1141836
should i assume it’s a R if I haven’t gotten a secondary yet? I’m originally from the Bay Area/norcal region but went out of state for college (and marked that as my state of residence in AMCAS though i do still have a California ID) should i reach out? this would be my top choice school but i’m worried i was screened out due to being OOS.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is uc davis still sending out secondaries?
not sure until when they send secondaries but i would assume mid to late nov?should i assume it’s a R if I haven’t gotten a secondary yet? I’m originally from the Bay Area/norcal region but went out of state for college (and marked that as my state of residence in AMCAS though i do still have a California ID) should i reach out? this would be my top choice school but i’m worried i was screened out due to being OOS.
also they do not like emails. they will just say that you are under review and they can't tell you anything
WeOutHereWaiting
Full Member
Looks like they’re not releasing decisions today, ugh, wish they gave an exact date
WeOutHereWaiting
Full Member
Same :/ second WL this week, this sucksWaitlisted just now interviewed 10/11
ijustwannagetinT-T
Full Member
Waitlisted just now interviewed 10/11
Thank you for sharing and wishing you two will be bumped to an A in the future! If you’re comfortable sharing, how did you feel your interviews went?Same :/ second WL this week, this sucks
WeOutHereWaiting
Full Member
Pretty solid, felt like I was able to answer most MMIs with great answers. Same goes for my other WL, so I wouldn’t put too much weight on your feelings post interview for whether you get in or not.Thank you for sharing and wishing you two will be bumped to an A in the future! If you’re comfortable sharing, how did you feel your interviews went?
themagictaco
Full Member
Just got A call! Interviewed 10/7!
charli2017
New Member
+1!! Super excitedJust got A call! Interviewed 10/7!
HalJordann
Full Member
Just got A call! Interviewed 10/7!
Congrats!! That's a huge accomplishment! How di you feel the interviews went?+1!! Super excited
themagictaco
Full Member
For me I felt like they went well, but def not "good" on every station. There was one where I realized I misread the prompt 2 min into my explanation and said out-loud "opps I just realized I missed this, let me start over" lolCongrats!! That's a huge accomplishment! How di you feel the interviews went?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Glassdyr
Full Member
Ah, I got WL'd just now and I'm freaking out. I have one other acceptance, but at Davis, I'd get a fee waiver (CalVet tuition waiver). To my knowledge, I need to commit to a med school earlier than Davis starts taking students off their WL. Am I going to have to choose between a guaranteed spot at a med school and betting my whole cycle that I squeak into Davis, for the sake of no tuition?
WeOutHereWaiting
Full Member
No, by April 30th you can only hold on to one acceptance but don’t have any to drop WLs. So you can hold on to both, go along with your A, and if Davis accepts you, you inform the other school and drop out of their program (probably have to forfeit your deposit with them).Ah, I got WL'd just now and I'm freaking out. I have one other acceptance, but at Davis, I'd get a fee waiver (CalVet tuition waiver). To my knowledge, I need to commit to a med school earlier than Davis starts taking students off their WL. Am I going to have to choose between a guaranteed spot at a med school and betting my whole cycle that I squeak into Davis, for the sake of no tuition?
Glassdyr
Full Member
Understood. This makes more sense. Thank you so much, this is reassuring.No, by April 30th you can only hold on to one acceptance but don’t have any to drop WLs. So you can hold on to both, go along with your A, and if Davis accepts you, you inform the other school and drop out of their program (probably have to forfeit your deposit with them).
HalJordann
Full Member
Just got the call for the A! This is my dream school and I’m elated! Interviewed 10/14
Kinda freaking out 🙂 davis is my alma mater and i was complete 8/4, got my preview like a week later and i haven’t heard anything. for those who have interviewed or got an invite, when were u complete?
i was also complete then. they don't go by complete date. they probably go by stats. they like to interview the competitive applicants first and then go from thereKinda freaking out 🙂 davis is my alma mater and i was complete 8/4, got my preview like a week later and i haven’t heard anything. for those who have interviewed or got an invite, when were u complete?
I was complete 8/1, but got my preview score on 8/17.Kinda freaking out 🙂 davis is my alma mater and i was complete 8/4, got my preview like a week later and i haven’t heard anything. for those who have interviewed or got an invite, when were u complete?
futurodr11
Full Member
If i did not receive a secondary yet does that mean I was automatically rejected? I submitted the primary 7/4 and I had all of my other things done before 7/4.
depends on if you are in state, ties to nor cal, etc.If i did not receive a secondary yet does that mean I was automatically rejected? I submitted the primary 7/4 and I had all of my other things done before 7/4.
i think they send secondaries til end of nov.
omg same and ucd is my top choice too. i think they said in their email that they send secondaries till january. fingers crossed for us!!If i did not receive a secondary yet does that mean I was automatically rejected? I submitted the primary 7/4 and I had all of my other things done before 7/4.
futurodr11
Full Member
I am in state, live in nor cal. loldepends on if you are in state, ties to nor cal, etc.
i think they send secondaries til end of nov.
futurodr11
Full Member
hahaha good to hear I am not the only one. Hope we both get that Aomg same and ucd is my top choice too. i think they said in their email that they send secondaries till january. fingers crossed for us!!
I'm sorry. When were you complete? Are you in the Sacramento region?Pre-Secondary R, Just now. LM 74.1 ORM
Transmitted 06/24, OOSI'm sorry. When were you complete? Are you in the Sacramento region?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any ties to California or NorCal at all? They are mission based so just wondering if you applied with tiesTransmitted 06/24, OOS
2024 or 5 ?
Full Member
Rejected.
Sorry to hear. Pre or post interview? Did you get a secondary? Are you in state or oos?Rejected.
Just trying to gauge my chances here. I hope you have other II or A’s!
2024 or 5 ?
Full Member
In state, Southern California. No interview. One interview only out of California. Waiting. Things are not looking good.Sorry to hear. Pre or post interview? Did you get a secondary? Are you in state or oos?
Just trying to gauge my chances here. I hope you have other II or A’s!
Did you apply DO? If not, I would consider throwing in an app or two. That is if you wanna start med school this next fall and are okay with DO.In state, Southern California. No interview. One interview only out of California. Waiting. Things are not looking good.
Also the cycle is barely halfway through. Still possible to get more interviews!
D
deleted1087000
II today, complete 10/5, LM 76.5, interviews being scheduled for early December. Does anyone have advice on how to prep for an MMI?
unbotheredmed
New Member
when did you complete your preview?II received this morning! In state (NorCal). Complete 10/11, LM 71.3. Saw an interview slot for this Friday 11/18 but also early December
I took PREview on 7/15when did you complete your preview?
2024 or 5 ?
Full Member
No. Going for MD. Lizzy score 69.5. Worried that DO will limit residency chances.Did you apply DO? If not, I would consider throwing in an app or two. That is if you wanna start med school this next fall and are okay with DO.
Also the cycle is barely halfway through. Still possible to get more interviews!
Anyone complete in September receive an II?
DancingHusky
Full Member
Big Yikes.Are med schools like Davis now in full woke mode? Has anyone that actually deserves a medical school admission gotten one from here?
Just doing a survey.
![]()
Opinion | Medical Education Goes Woke
Future doctors will be obliged to learn how health relates to ‘systems of oppression.’www.wsj.com
Please define “full woke.” Also what do you mean that someone “deserves” an acceptance?Are med schools like Davis now in full woke mode? Has anyone that actually deserves a medical school admission gotten one from here?
Just doing a survey.
![]()
Opinion | Medical Education Goes Woke
Future doctors will be obliged to learn how health relates to ‘systems of oppression.’www.wsj.com
DancingHusky
Full Member
"Med students will also be expected to articulate how their own “identities, power, and privileges (e.g., professional hierarchy, culture, class, gender) influence interactions with patients” as well as “the impact of various systems of oppression on health and health care (e.g. colonization, White supremacy, acculturation, assimilation).”Are med schools like Davis now in full woke mode? Has anyone that actually deserves a medical school admission gotten one from here?
Just doing a survey.
![]()
Opinion | Medical Education Goes Woke
Future doctors will be obliged to learn how health relates to ‘systems of oppression.’www.wsj.com
Yes please tell the class how critically analyzing how a system established by white people that has historically excluded and abused POC (looking at you Tuskegee) is a bad thing?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DancingHusky
Full Member
That's wild because it seems like the people in charge of teaching folks how to practice medicine generally agree that these things you seem so opposed to do impact the practice of medicine. Which medical school are you teaching at?Those have nothing to do with practice of medicine.
DancingHusky
Full Member
Ahh yes.. the true mark of scientific empiricism that underpins medicine "trust me bro"Trust me... those that teach medicine abhor this wokeness.
DancingHusky
Full Member
You're the one who posted an inflammatory op-ed meant to antagonize and YOU want a break. Wild.Yeah, you have scientific empiricism for supporting wokeness. Give me a break.
Anyway, I am stopping here. Don't want to cause disruptions to all the neuroticism caused by the intentionally opaque process.
You're the one who posted an inflammatory op-ed meant to antagonize and YOU want a break. Wild.
Enough with this nonsense.
The lethal fallout of wokeness in medicine | MercatorNet
Academic performance is now secondary to accommodating students’ sensitivities about how victimised they feel while studying medicine.