2022-2023 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When inputting your prereqs, should I put the "credits earned" as they credits that amcas converted, so semester units? Or leave them in quarter units since there's the option to pick "quarter" for class type?
I messaged admissions about this and they said “Please do not convert for our secondary. Use the information from your transcript(s).”

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an email asking to confirm if I took my PREview. Seems like they're cleaning up a bit!

Also looks like they extended their deadline from requesting that you take PREview this month to taking it by Jan

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi realized a bit late I should add to the data/ maybe help out anyone who's freaking out about this whole app process like I am. I got an II on 9/14, complete 7/18. IS ORM, gpa 3.85 and mcat: 518 (expired), then 514, then retake 517. second time applying (first time I didn't get an interview and got the pre-II R in Feb). Preview 5/9. Went to Davis for a summer research program way back in the day. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else waiting for a ucd secondary? I submitted my primary on 8/22. I live in the area and attended ucd. I’m very hopeful to get one but it’s been a month and getting worried

Reactions: 5 users
Yea i submitted on 07/28 lol. I went to school in the bay though haha

When you guys look back at your secondary, can you see what you wrote for each activity description? I can't and I'm wondering if I even submitted that part

When you guys look back at your secondary, can you see what you wrote for each activity description? I can't and I'm wondering if I even submitted that part
I can’t see it either…

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does Davis do interviews later in the cycle too? I felt like I was a good mission fit with decent stats for Davis but I've not heard anything.
Yup. They interview late into the cycle

Would they send interviews without the PREview exam? also has anyone been informed that they were accepted/rejected/waitlisted?

Would they send interviews without the PREview exam? also has anyone been informed that they were accepted/rejected/waitlisted?
In the complete email that Davis sends it says "If you have not taken the AAMC PREview exam, you will not be eligible for an interview invitation until a score is recieved. The latest AAMC PREview exam date we will accept is 9/23/2022. Applicants who do not complete the PREview exam will not be further considered for admissions. Applicants can recieve a secondary application without the PREview exam, but will not be considered for an interview until a PREview exam score is received. "

So to answer your first question they do not send interviews until they have received a score. To answer your second question, the earliest MD schools can send admission decisions is October 15th (unless they are an Early Decision school and Im almost sure that Davis is not)!
Hope that helps :)

IS (SoCal) II just received on a Sunday! Complete 7/29.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
In the complete email that Davis sends it says "If you have not taken the AAMC PREview exam, you will not be eligible for an interview invitation until a score is recieved. The latest AAMC PREview exam date we will accept is 9/23/2022. Applicants who do not complete the PREview exam will not be further considered for admissions. Applicants can recieve a secondary application without the PREview exam, but will not be considered for an interview until a PREview exam score is received. "

So to answer your first question they do not send interviews until they have received a score. To answer your second question, the earliest MD schools can send admission decisions is October 15th (unless they are an Early Decision school and Im almost sure that Davis is not)!
Hope that helpsS
Super helpful! appreciate it!

Hope that helps :)
Probably the 17th, since the 15th is a Saturday.

Hey, does anyone know how long the individual MMIs are? I know it's two minutes to read the prompt, but everything else I've read says "a few minutes" to respond.

Hey, does anyone know how long the individual MMIs are? I know it's two minutes to read the prompt, but everything else I've read says "a few minutes" to respond.

6 mins

• Care
does anyone know the latest interview date they have so far?

I got my interview on 10/11, and they had 10/21 and 10/28 available for interviews.

Acceptance received today.

II IS today!!!!!! Secondary submitted 7/6

Edit: received preview score on 8/17, so application completed 8/17

Last edited:
Anyone else still waiting on a secondary :,(
SoCal w NorCal ties, LM81 verified day 1

Prview scores are coming out tomorrow, does anyone know how much these scores matter and what they are looking for?

Prview scores are coming out tomorrow, does anyone know how much these scores matter and what they are looking for?
wondering the same. I got 5/9 on preview. I don't know if this is bad or common. Anyone else care to share their scores/insight?

II IS LM68, complete 8/1, Preview 6/9. Only date available to schedule was 11/18

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
wondering the same. I got 5/9 on preview. I don't know if this is bad or common. Anyone else care to share their scores/insight?
I watched a video that the AAMC posted about the PREview exam, with multiple medical school representatives explaining how they use it in their evaluation process. The majority of the schools (that were on the video) that recommend it stated they are only using it as a “plus factor.” Meaning that your score will only be present on your application for ADCOMS to see if you scored above the 75th percentile (probably give or take, depending on the schools), and no score below that will be present; the goal of this is so there is no penalty for a “bad score” since the exam is relatively new. The schools that require it said, as of right now, it would mostly be used at the very end of the evaluation process if two applicants had very similar applications and they were trying to pick 1 student.

interested to see if they're looping back to those who were just pending PREview or if they just now got put "in line"

I received 5/9, how long until they start offering interviews anyone know?