2022-2023 UC Riverside

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At the student panel at the Open House, they mentioned that getting an A is really random. One MS2 said that she interviewed in the Fall and got accepted late April and is from Corona, so there really is no telling how they go about it. So I say for those that interviewed and have not heard back yet, do not lose hope as UCR does get to students much later than most schools.
Ucr admissions needs to go into overdrive cuz finding housing rn is a pain
 
At the student panel at the Open House, they mentioned that getting an A is really random. One MS2 said that she interviewed in the Fall and got accepted late April and is from Corona, so there really is no telling how they go about it. So I say for those that interviewed and have not heard back yet, do not lose hope as UCR does get to students much later than most schools.
I second this. I didn't even turn in my secondary until 11/30 and then got an II a couple of weeks later and then an A in early March.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At the student panel at the Open House, they mentioned that getting an A is really random. One MS2 said that she interviewed in the Fall and got accepted late April and is from Corona, so there really is no telling how they go about it. So I say for those that interviewed and have not heard back yet, do not lose hope as UCR does get to students much later than most schools.
Do you know if she was a Haider applicant? 😅
 
Does UCR have established clinical rotations? I was told that they have been having recent issues with losing rotations at certain sites but unable to refute/confirm anywhere

I mean I’d say it’s more sparse then say, Loma Linda but UCR has all the clinical rotations necessary, as it’s a LCME accredited program

Why would you say that UCR has a sparse situation?

 
Last edited:
An Attending and a Resident I work with mentioned something along the same lines in two separate conversations

Did they say whether the change was a problem? Or perhaps, UCR didn’t need so many locations? UCR has many rotation locations.

 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was told that they typically discourage multiple updates post-mmi. I sent an update letter that included that I intend on matriculating if given the opportunity and a thank you letter so I may have capped out haha. Good luck everybody!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was told that they typically discourage multiple updates post-mmi. I sent an update letter that included that I intend on matriculating if given the opportunity and a thank you letter so I may have capped out haha. Good luck everybody!
Oh no, the thank you letter counts? 😭

Has anyone Post-II sent a letter of intent??

I sent a letter of intent in Feb, was wondering whether to send an update soon but a bit worried if that’s almost too pushy now 😰
 
Oh no, the thank you letter counts? 😭



I sent a letter of intent in Feb, was wondering whether to send an update soon but a bit worried if that’s almost too pushy now 😰
I’m the same way. I want to send a LOI but feel that they understand that they’re my top choice. Hopefully whatever you decide gets you that A though🙏🫡
 
I’m the same way. I want to send a LOI but feel that they understand that they’re my top choice. Hopefully whatever you decide gets you that A though🙏🫡
I had sent an update letter a few months after my interview, and then a letter of intent a few months after that. Havent heard anything since so... take my advice with a grain of salt lol
 
Did anyone here interview for a conditional admit program or heard anything with regards to this program since interviews?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad