2022-2023 UC Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
At the student panel at the Open House, they mentioned that getting an A is really random. One MS2 said that she interviewed in the Fall and got accepted late April and is from Corona, so there really is no telling how they go about it. So I say for those that interviewed and have not heard back yet, do not lose hope as UCR does get to students much later than most schools.
Ucr admissions needs to go into overdrive cuz finding housing rn is a pain

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
At the student panel at the Open House, they mentioned that getting an A is really random. One MS2 said that she interviewed in the Fall and got accepted late April and is from Corona, so there really is no telling how they go about it. So I say for those that interviewed and have not heard back yet, do not lose hope as UCR does get to students much later than most schools.
I second this. I didn't even turn in my secondary until 11/30 and then got an II a couple of weeks later and then an A in early March.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the R twice, each five minutes apart lmao

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Lol did y’all read the part saying that they won’t give any advice and to just talk to our pre health advisors ?? 😂

Do you know if she was a Haider applicant? 😅

Does anybody know anything about the conditional admit program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does UCR have established clinical rotations? I was told that they have been having recent issues with losing rotations at certain sites but unable to refute/confirm anywhere

I mean I’d say it’s more sparse then say, Loma Linda but UCR has all the clinical rotations necessary, as it’s a LCME accredited program

Why would you say that UCR has a sparse situation?

Last edited:
An Attending and a Resident I work with mentioned something along the same lines in two separate conversations

Did they say whether the change was a problem? Or perhaps, UCR didn’t need so many locations? UCR has many rotation locations.

Anyone survive the R train? Are we just waiting doom

Reactions: 2 users
Did anybody go to the curriculum overview on zoom last week?

Were all the R’s pre-II?

Sending hugs to everyone right now! 😭💕

Last edited:
All of those should have been pre-II. By looking at last year's thread, they may start post II WL and R next week...

• Hmm
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
I was told that they typically discourage multiple updates post-mmi. I sent an update letter that included that I intend on matriculating if given the opportunity and a thank you letter so I may have capped out haha. Good luck everybody!

Reactions: 1 users
I was told that they typically discourage multiple updates post-mmi. I sent an update letter that included that I intend on matriculating if given the opportunity and a thank you letter so I may have capped out haha. Good luck everybody!
Oh no, the thank you letter counts? 😭

Has anyone Post-II sent a letter of intent??

I sent a letter of intent in Feb, was wondering whether to send an update soon but a bit worried if that’s almost too pushy now 😰

Oh no, the thank you letter counts? 😭

I sent a letter of intent in Feb, was wondering whether to send an update soon but a bit worried if that’s almost too pushy now 😰
I’m the same way. I want to send a LOI but feel that they understand that they’re my top choice. Hopefully whatever you decide gets you that A though🙏🫡

I’m the same way. I want to send a LOI but feel that they understand that they’re my top choice. Hopefully whatever you decide gets you that A though🙏🫡
I had sent an update letter a few months after my interview, and then a letter of intent a few months after that. Havent heard anything since so... take my advice with a grain of salt lol

I had sent an update letter a few months after my interview, and then a letter of intent a few months after that. Havent heard anything since so... take my advice with a grain of salt lol
Oh man now I feel like I should send it 😂. Hopefully it all works out for you! You still in it! 🙏🫡

they taking WAY too long, may 1st is coming up real quick
Hoping to hear something today. On last years thread this was the week people first started to get put on the waitlist.

Did anyone here interview for a conditional admit program or heard anything with regards to this program since interviews?

Got the A this week! Legit cried 😭 Interviewed Sep. Didn’t end up sending the second update after all, but don’t lose hope!! Sending good vibes to everyone !! 🙏🏻💕

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 14 users
Got the A this week! Legit cried 😭 Interviewed Sep. Didn’t end up sending the second update after all, but don’t lose hope!! Sending good vibes to everyone !! 🙏🏻💕
Yo congratulations!! Were you a Haider applicant?

Has anyone received any scholarships yet (not including the FAFSA awarded to everyone)?