2023-2024 Chicago Med (Rosalind Franklin)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed in mid September, got waitlisted in October but haven’t heard anything since. Anybody else in the same boat?

Same here, 9/26 interview, waitlisted in November and heard nothing yet

Members don't see this ad.

Can a current RFU medical student dm me? I an upcoming interview and I have some questions about the school.

hi - Are the open houses helpful? What should I expect and what should I ask them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are II still going out? It’s Feb so just trying to manage expectations

Has anyone reached out regarding the status of their application? I submitted 7/3 and haven't heard anything. I know some schools ghost applicants and I wasn't sure if RF was one of them. Thanks!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone reached out regarding the status of their application? I submitted 7/3 and haven't heard anything. I know some schools ghost applicants and I wasn't sure if RF was one of them. Thanks!
i haven't reached out to them and haven't heard anything either - i don't think this is a soft R because they've been sending pre-II Rs

Any1 got decision from December II?
did they say when you could expect decisions during your interview day? i interviewed early Jan and they said we’d hear back mid/end Feb so hopefully yours is coming soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m guessing December interviews are rejections by now?
Just scrolled back and someone who interviewed in Sept got an acceptance in early January without any communication or being on AL. It's safe to say that we don't know and they may not be reviewing applications in order. Stay positive <3 our time will come

Reactions: 1 user
Can someone explain to me the interview process? I heard it was 6 mmi stations where you get 1 minute to prep and 5 minutes to respond. Do they also ask traditional open file interview questions during the interviews?

i havent received any info in regards to an II or pre II R, yall know when those are sent out?

• Dislike
Like this if you are instate and have been waitlisted :(

Reactions: 4 users
12/12 interview, just got the acceptance! In-state.

Reactions: 1 users
For those who have interviewed, are we going to have access to the question during our response and are we allowed to write notes during our 2 minute prep time? I emailed the office and they said we have 2 min prep time for a 5 min response.

For those who have interviewed, are we going to have access to the question during our response and are we allowed to write notes during our 2 minute prep time? I emailed the office and they said we have 2 min prep time for a 5 min response.
Yes! They show the prompt on the screen, and you're allowed to organize notes. I definitely scribbled down my thoughts during that time

Did anyone else get waitlisted without an email? Checked the portal after someone from 12/12 posted an A and saw I was waitlisted about 5 hours ago, but still no email. Kinda crappy if they don’t even have the decency to let you know.

Did anyone else get waitlisted without an email? Checked the portal after someone from 12/12 posted an A and saw I was waitlisted about 5 hours ago, but still no email. Kinda crappy if they don’t even have the decency to let you know.

Yup. Waitlisted in November and never got an email

I thought they closed the portal

hey, i was recently accepted to RFU on 01/22, do they send acceptance letters via snail mail?

Based on the post interview thank you email message “The Student Admissions Committee will be making decisions very soon”, what is the expected turnaround time?

Based on the post interview thank you email message “The Student Admissions Committee will be making decisions very soon”, what is the expected turnaround time?
At my recent interview, they said they were on schedule and that people can expect decisions around 6 weeks post interview

Still under consideration email???

Thank you for your application and interest in Chicago Medical School (CMS) at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (RFU). We’re writing to share an update on your application status.

Your AMCAS application has been reviewed by our Student Admissions Committee but we’re still in the process of making interview decisions and we will interview applicants through mid-April. We appreciate your patience during this process.

• If you wish to remain under consideration for an interview invitation, there’s nothing to do.
  • However, if you wish to withdraw your application, please complete this short form and we'll take care of the rest.
Thank you, again, for your interest in Chicago Medical School and a career of selfless service to others.

Reactions: 1 users

Thank you for your application and interest in Chicago Medical School (CMS) at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (RFU). We’re writing to share an update on your application status.

Your AMCAS application has been reviewed by our Student Admissions Committee but we’re still in the process of making interview decisions and we will interview applicants through mid-April. We appreciate your patience during this process.

• If you wish to remain under consideration for an interview invitation, there’s nothing to do.
  • However, if you wish to withdraw your application, please complete this short form and we'll take care of the rest.
Thank you, again, for your interest in Chicago Medical School and a career of selfless service to others.

+1 OOS

just got this too! ig its good its not a R and I appreciate the check in

+1, A little wild to still be under consideration this late in the cycle

+1 to being under consideration. I guess better than a rejection. They must still have several interview seats left.