2023-2024 Chicago Med (Rosalind Franklin)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 also still under consideration. Hoping more interview invites come soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if applicants in the past have been invited for an interview after receiving this still under consideration email? Or is this like a soft R?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it weird that I didn’t get that email but also haven’t been rejected yet?

Reactions: 1 user
As someone who did the application gammit 2 years ago, I don't know if this is true, but it might give some context to the consideration email. Essentially when I applied, they sent out R's in February-March, but then they started to run low on WL people due to many people declining their A's in May. So they actually sent out II's for a WL spot to those previously rejected in late May.
Now that's not to say the II's from here on out are for a WL since RFU has been known to give II into March in past years, but considering they get just a TON of applications, I have a feeling that they are doing this as part of a strategy to avoid running out of WL spots. Cheers to y'all!

Reactions: 1 users
As someone who did the application gammit 2 years ago, I don't know if this is true, but it might give some context to the consideration email. Essentially when I applied, they sent out R's in February-March, but then they started to run low on WL people due to many people declining their A's in May. So they actually sent out II's for a WL spot to those previously rejected in late May.
Now that's not to say the II's from here on out are for a WL since RFU has been known to give II into March in past years, but considering they get just a TON of applications, I have a feeling that they are doing this as part of a strategy to avoid running out of WL spots. Cheers to y'all!
Hi! Thanks for this information, i am assuming this means RF typically has a lot of waitlist movement then?

Members don't see this ad :)
so what about the people that didn’t recieve the consideration email or rejection email?

They don’t like us but they don’t hate us. So they’d rather just ghost

• Haha
I think I got waitlisted. got a link on the portal to submit the alternative list form. I completed it, but there hasn't been any email confirmation. Is this normal?

This is what happened to me too and it’s been like two months since with no communication I assumed it meant waitlisted

Hi! Thanks for this information, i am assuming this means RF typically has a lot of waitlist movement then?
Yeah they have a decent amount. Whether or not it will be more or less compared to previous years varies. But yes, they do have a decent amount.

RFU is a nice school don't get me wrong- but for most it's not their top choice. When April/May comes, a lot of people get off the WL and an A to a.) their IS school, b.) a school with a better financial package, or c.) a "big-gun" school they've dreamed of. They tend to drop RFU with CTE deadline, hence the flux of WL movement.

have any recent acceptances come in?? trying to gauge where adcoms are at currently

the photo changing on the portal scared me! Thought I had an update to my WL....alas no

lmao just checked the portal and i got the AL form without email notification smh.. interviewed 1/23

does anyone know what is their criteria to accept from their Waitlist, it is random or a queue ?

^ congrats on the A's! if you guys don't mind, what's your LM and complete date?

Is there anyone here who submitted a secondary and hasn't heard anything back?

Reactions: 5 users
No email (except for one about accepted student day lol). Checked my portal to an acceptance letter! My first MD acceptance and I'm thrilled. Interviewed in early January. LM of 69.

Reactions: 3 users
does anyone know if they internally rank?
I was told that we have an internal ranking only for AOA (top 20%?) and Distinction in Basic Science (basic science average of 89.5% or higher). Otherwise, your rank isn't mentioned on the dean's letter. M1/M2 are pass/fail . M3/M4 are graded on honors/high pass/pass/fail.

For those wondering, 69.5% is a pass for M1/M2. A pass in M3/M4 is a 75% (high pass is 85%, and honors is 95%).

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Will we be able to take notes during the interview process? And will we be swapping interviewers for each station?

Just declined my acceptance, hopefully, someone will get some good news soon! Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
I know RFU doesn't take update letters. But would they take thank you letters or letters of intent?