-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 UC San Francisco
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1082311
got that UCSF pre secondary R 😪
edit: I'm done trying to make sense of this process. simply put, it makes no sense at all.
edit: I'm done trying to make sense of this process. simply put, it makes no sense at all.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1125342
Wow this pre-secondary R hurts
jasonbourne125
Full Member
+1 pre-secondary IS R
Wow, I know you have IIs from other amazing schools too, who knows what UCSF is looking for...got that UCSF pre secondary R 😪
edit: I'm done trying to make sense of this process. simply put, it makes no sense at all.
D
deleted1122805
Pre-secondary rejection... interviewed at Harvard so I wonder what red flag UCSF found... 🤣
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
+1 on the pre-secondary rejection, but good luck to everyonePre-secondary rejection... interviewed at Harvard so I wonder what red flag UCSF found... 🤣
Valerianux
Full Member
pre-secondary R, lowkey stings a little as it was my dream school but oh well, it just wasn't meant to be
serenesloth
Full Member
+1 pre-secondary OOS R
+1 IS Pre-Secondary R. I’m also a current MS student there. Is it worth asking for feedback?
gudeggtama
Full Member
+1 pre-secondary OOS R-- hurts, but maybe that's what I get for adding them like the last day of july :')
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1116227
OOS pre-secondary R...sad, it would've been one of my top choices
Tardis2025
Full Member
+1 IS Pre-Secondary R LM 74 from my employer haha
exileinandersonville
Full Member
+1 OOS pre-secondary R. im a little bummed because it’s my first one but I knew it was a long shot applying from OOS with no ties 🤷🏽♀️
+1 IS pre secondary R. Was not expecting this as they sent me a secondary last year with a much weaker application. Oh well- onward.
bygracethroughfaith
Full Member
+1 IS pre-secondary R primary sent early August LM 68
D
deleted1198366
OOS pre-secondary R today as well
Sorry about the rejections y’all 🙁
It doesn’t change the fact that each of you are unique and awesome in your own way, and that other medical schools will see that. We’re all going to be doctors, so do your best to keep your head up!
It doesn’t change the fact that each of you are unique and awesome in your own way, and that other medical schools will see that. We’re all going to be doctors, so do your best to keep your head up!
D
deleted1130898
and upward.+1 IS pre secondary R. Was not expecting this as they sent me a secondary last year with a much weaker application. Oh well- onward.
Pre-secondary R. OOS strong research background. Great school, but guess it wasn't the one. Best of luck y'all.
Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that 🙁 Could I ask when you were completed?Pre ii r aw man
D
deleted1200309
Received IS secondary today 9/30
Verified 7/22
Verified 7/22
OOS (strong ties to CA) Pre-secondary R. Bummed, but glad to have heard back at all
thewhitecoatwanderer
Full Member
IS +1 secondary; application verified 8/26
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
enthumedapplicant
New Member
Asking this question regarding UCSF Info session for a friend who is currently out of country.
Do you need to be on camera for info session? what about Q/A? can you just type in your questions? Appreciate your reply.
Do you need to be on camera for info session? what about Q/A? can you just type in your questions? Appreciate your reply.
matted_chinchilla
Full Member
I went to a premed cc one for UCSF and you don't have the option for a camera to be on and questions were type only. I've been to other info sessions directly hosted by the schools (not UCSF tho) and it's a mixed bag. I feel like they're all half and half with people with cameras on and people with cameras off and typing/raising hand and turning mic on. I guess be prepared for either unless someone on here knows for sureAsking this question regarding UCSF Info session for a friend who is currently out of country.
Do you need to be on camera for info session? what about Q/A? can you just type in your questions? Appreciate your reply.
BrainStorm12
Full Member
I haven't received a secondary, but I didn't receive the pre-secondary R? Am I not cooked? Primary submitted on 6/3
restingduck
Full Member
+1 OOS secondary received! Verified 7/12
BrainStorm12
Full Member
LOL JUST received the secondary invite +1 OOSCan take a while to get the secondary from here
letmein528
Full Member
i just got an OOS Secondary???? crazy
KuriousKoala
Full Member
This may sound idiotic, but does anyone know the Secondary App to II ratio specifically for UCSF? I'm debating if it's even worth completing this secondary (just received it).
restingduck
Full Member
Just do it! They sent you a secondary for a reason! You miss all the shots u don’t takeThis may sound idiotic, but does anyone know the Secondary App to II ratio specifically for UCSF? I'm debating if it's even worth completing this secondary (just received it).
I think it’s 1 in 4. I saw it on their profile a couple months back.This may sound idiotic, but does anyone know the Secondary App to II ratio specifically for UCSF? I'm debating if it's even worth completing this secondary (just received it).
difficultturtle
Full Member
Submitted my primary to this school yesterday and just received an OOS secondary today… good sign? I was considering not even adding them
+1 IS Secondary
D
deleted1141024
This may sound idiotic, but does anyone know the Secondary App to II ratio specifically for UCSF? I'm debating if it's even worth completing this secondary (just received it).
Receiving a secondary here actually means something. The ratio is much higher here and it’s probably the highest yield II ratio of all secondaries you will complete this year. Best of luck.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone else getting kinda giddy with this wait for more ii’s 😅? hopefully this comment doesnt jinx anyone 🥹 sorry hehe just nervous but excited at the same time
Very sorry to hear that, but quite happy to see you have IIs elsewhere! Go get those As and kick ass my friend 🙂!Primary verified 6/28. Got a pre secondary rejection last week. good luck future docs =)
Splogies
Full Member
+1anyone else getting kinda giddy with this wait for more ii’s 😅? hopefully this comment doesnt jinx anyone 🥹 sorry hehe just nervous but excited at the same time