2024-2025 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do I have to schedule a KIRA interview or can I just log on whenever I want to complete it?
There should be plenty of specific instructions for KIRA in the emails they send you as well as in your portal. Check those out to be sure. I forget since I interviewed over a month ago but I don't remember having to schedule it. As long as you do it a certain number of days before your live interview.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I only had UCI Student ID assigned before today, but now I have a UCInet ID as well. Am I going crazy or did this just appear
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did everyone who interviewed 9/5 hear back? Because I still have not, not sure what is going on because they said we would hear back late October and now it is November
 
for those who interviewed, what do you think you did well on and what do you think went wrong?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When answering interview questions, for example: tell me about a time you worked in a team or acted as a leader, should I only try to use the examples that I wrote about in my primary, secondary or most meaningful experiences sections of my application or should I try to come up with brand new examples?
 
When answering interview questions, for example: tell me about a time you worked in a team or acted as a leader, should I only try to use the examples that I wrote about in my primary, secondary or most meaningful experiences sections of my application or should I try to come up with brand new examples?
I did a mix of new and previously mentioned.
 
ok so it doesn't seem like it is disingenuous to come up with completely new examples
It's fine to do that if you have more experiences that match the question. After all, they have already read what you wrote in your secondary.
If you can't think of something different, then use your previous examples.