Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the comment! I tend to test well in all of my regular classes, but when it came to the GRE I kinda freaked. The same thing happened when I took my ACT (several years ago). I tend to think I would have done better had it been a paper test. The computer part I would have to pratice with definitely. I could give many reasons why it is low, but I don't like to hear lots of reasons/excuses from others so I won't offer any of my own. Thanks for answering my second question as well!If I were you, I would definitely try and improve my GRE score. A 3.79 is a good GPA but next to other vet school applicants with the same GPA and higher test scores, it will not look as great. You are right that UF mentions the "sliding scale" so to speak, but you still have to look at what they consider a competitive GRE. Their website says a "minimum (suggested) academic criteria" GRE score of 1100 (or 300-304 for the new GRE) so a competitive GRE is even higher than that. http://education.vetmed.ufl.edu/admissions/dvm-specifics/
Why is it that you aren't doing well on the GRE? Are you not familiar with the format? Are you not brushing up on the material? What makes you so nervous when you test? And what can you do to try and improve these issues. Telling an adcom your score is low because you don't test well, isn't going to encourage them to put you into a rigorous academia with tons of tests. I would definitely not say it is impossible for you to get in, but If I were you, I would try and strengthen that part of your application. I took the GRE and freaked out that the questions were getting so hard (technically a good thing) and christmas treed half of it because I gave up. One month later, I relaxed and told myself it was a good thing and improved my score by 150 points. Try and figure out the root cause of your testing problem, and see what you can't do to improve it! Best of luck!![]()

. Your GRE is higher than I was talking about, but it never hurts to improve. My GPA is a 3.6 and my last 45 (depending on the school) was around a 3.8 I think, and I do have many many hours. Sorry for confusing your stats with someone else